Fresh Install with OpenJK & JA++ - "UI_UpdateSaberHilt: Could not find item (saber) in menu (ingame_saber)"

Basicly the title describes it all. I just did a fresh install of Jedi academy, installed openjk and JA++. Works and looks great, though when I'm on a server and I go to adjust my saber, I get booted to the main menu right when click the saber menu. " "UI_UpdateSaberHilt: Could not find item (saber) in menu (ingame_saber)"

Any ideas how to fix this and what may have caused it on a fresh install?

EDIT: Now that I've if tinkered around more I've also noticed names do not display on the list when hitting tab wile hitting tab, nor does the server information display even wile loading. And yes, Ive verified my game cache..

Edit #3: I've narrowed down to it being openJK, as everything works fine when using the standard jamp exe.

And edit #4: So this was a wasted post, didn't think I would figure it out so quickly by my self. Basically  there was an issue with the "+set fs_game "japlus" command on a replaced jamp.exe (renamed the openjk.exe to jamp so steam would use it in stead) for some reason it bugged it out and I simply had to select japlus from the mods list in game instead of using the steam launch options.... a shortcut to the desktop with the command line works just as well, it just appears to be launching it from steam that's the issue. Well i guess this post can serve as help to someone else who may just run into the issue at least...