Interview: Moviebattles II Team

therfiles

Bot support would be really difficult for us to add with our current level of manpower. Plus the fact that not many on the team have AI experience, and those that did are retired. 

Remember, BaseJKA's bot routing system uses waypoints. If we wanted something even remotely good enough for MB's case, it would have to be converted to a navigation mesh (I think xycaleth had prototypes of this at one point?). In addition to new entities being created in order to determine points of cover for boxes and walls, as well as the ability for bots to understand objectives and how to accurately make decisions and strategies. As well as understanding the saber system and asymmetrical class balance. We can't just have bots chose random classes fan out at the beginning and go different routes and chose cover based on that, its really lack luster and doesn't have much depth. I'm not saying its not possible because it certainly is. I also personally believe that it could add a few years onto MB2's life span by allowing people to play once the population cannot sustain itself any longer. 

The main issue is the manpower, and the level of work required that makes it something very unlikely to happen, even if all of us wanted it to happen.

Ahaaa... I see. That sounds like a great deal of work indeed. You have an amazing mod, and I certanly hope that you get members who can help you with that one day. :)

I have one more question :) I actually tried to contact you guys earlier through your webpage, but for some reason the messages never went through. One of the coolest things you guys did for MB2 is the physics of the sabers. Would it be too much to ask you to release the saber mod for base JKA and ForceMod 3? I play FM3 a great deal - and I'm totally in love with how the sabers look in your mods :) Would really like to have it in FM3 RotS CE 1.5. Thanks for your reply. And keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...