[Request] Lightsaber hilt rotation

I downloaded a very cool looking curved saber hilt, but my character holds it in a way that just looks off to me.

Reference:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/12-sith-lightsaber/

Currently, he holds it with his palm on the black part of the hilt and his fingers extending to near the red button on the underside. IMO, the hilt would look better if it was flipped 180 degrees, so that his palm is on the metal spine, with the red button near the thumb, the blade guard were on top, and the pommel bent outwards instead of in. Kind of like how Count Dooku held his.

I've tried doing it myself, but kept running into issues such as the model not recognizing it's skin, and the blad jutting out the side of the hilt. Can someone who knows a bit more about this help?

In addition to rotating the saber itself, you'll also have to fix the tags so that the player model will hold it where you want it.  Also rotate the blade tag so it's not coming out the side like you said. Before opening up MD3View to export, write a .skin file for the hilt.  When you open the .md3 with MD3View, go to "Import Skin..." before exporting to .glm.  Pick your .skin file you made for the saber and that should fix the issue with it not recognising the skin.