JK2 1.02 first person sabering

This seems kinda pointless to add 1st person to 1.02, as most 1.02 players just use the backstab spin thing which would be much harder to do in 1st person. Nice work though, I could see how this would be good for sp campaign.

I believe the SP campaign has the feature in-built actually. But you're wrong about both the backstab spin assumptions. It's not an advantage unless done with intelligence, which most good players take into account, both in NF and force. I thought my video proved that point though. It's also not really harder to do the move, with a fraction of getting used to. It's muscle memory.

I love the feature though, so it's not entirely unlikely someone else might find it interesting as well. Which would make it not pointless.

Omicron likes this

I believe the SP campaign has the feature in-built actually. But you're wrong about both the backstab spin assumptions. It's not an advantage unless done with intelligence, which most good players take into account, both in NF and force. I thought my video proved that point though. It's also not really harder to do the move, with a fraction of getting used to. It's muscle memory.

I love the feature though, so it's not entirely unlikely someone else might find it interesting as well. Which would make it not pointless.

Ahh, I just assumed most players used backstab, as in the frag videos I have seen most, it is the most common move I have seen. How do weapons look with trueview?

Boothand likes this

Ahh, I just assumed most players used backstab, as in the frag videos I have seen most, it is the most common move I have seen. How do weapons look with trueview?

Hehe yeah, videos tend to put a lot of emphasis on "dbs" (not the same as regular backslash), the hardest and most deadly move. In CTF, it's the most effective way of killing someone when you're chasing after them. In force duels, it's often the most impressive finishing move because of its risk and high difficulty, but it's rarely the most effective way of winning a lot of fights vs a very skilled opponent. In NF duels, it's a lot more risky and is usually not pulled off unless someone makes themselves open with a roll, is cornered or surprised. But CTF and FF (force) movies dominate 99% of the movie scene, so I understand why it feels like it's all players are doing. I'm guilty of it myself in the past :P

What do you mean by weapons in trueview?

• 3 weeks later...

i replied this in another forum (idk if u checked)

but...

thas was made yet. the command is cg_fpls "1" exist from 1.03 to 1.04 versions. i think doesnt exist in 1.02, but can be easily ported to 1.02

It's not in 1.02. I know there's an option for first person sabering in Nerevar and Scharp's modbuilder, but it's totally unusable since you can't see the hands and you lose all control that you have in third person. So how does cg_fpls 1 look in the other versions?