Interested in SP coding?

First, I'm not putting this in the coding section because this is more brainstorming without actual work. If/when we start working on this then we can make a thread there.

Alright everyone, I'm wanting to see what people think about modding the sp code. Eezstreet is putting up a number of tutorials that include adding guns, force powers, and saber styles. Since I'm interested in all 3 of these things I wanted to see what people would be interested in either learning how to or already know how to code. I don't know how to really, but I'm going to give it a shot when the saber style tutorial is up. I'm going to fork the sp portion of the game so we can mess with it.

My first goal will be to add the medium style to the game with no spin transitions. This will let me learn the process of adding animations as well as the stats of the saber styles. When I get that figured I'll work on the shield style and probably the backhand styles.

What are others interested in trying?

^me.

This was the perspective of one of the MB2 coders: even if you're a C/C++ master not knowing the game's style of coding and structure can make it nearly as confusing. 

He suggested learning C first then C++, as C is simpler and C++ simply builds on it. Also he said JA SP is writting in like 90% C with a little C++.

I'm interested in doing a first person Hotline Miami. Change weapons/hp so everything is instagib, add rotating doors that stun enemies they hit, only allow for one weapon at a time, allow you to throw your weapon at people to stun them, have weapons have a single magazine (so dropped weapons have to remember their ammo count). Executions on stunned enemies. Something like that.

I'm interested in doing a first person Hotline Miami. Change weapons/hp so everything is instagib, add rotating doors that stun enemies they hit, only allow for one weapon at a time, allow you to throw your weapon at people to stun them, have weapons have a single magazine (so dropped weapons have to remember their ammo count). Executions on stunned enemies. Something like that.