What would happen if I tried to install Windows 7 on a computer with Windows 8

I don't like windows 8. I think everyone knows that by now :) So, if I tried to install windows 7, what would happen? Would I be able to clear the partition with windows 8 and install windows 7 there? Would I have to dual-boot? Or maybe even that won't work, since windows 7 is NTFS while windows 8 is GPT?

It depends on how you are going to install it. I've never tried to install another operating system while in another. I always reboot and format the partition first. It generally means less complications. If you tried to install Windows 7 within Windows 8 I have no idea what would happen.

One thing I do know is that if you want to do dual-boot, you always have to install older OSes first, because Windows 7 will overwrite the Windows 8 files. I don't know why in the world you'd want to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 though. 

You're best bet is probably to boot from your Windows 7 CD and format your main partition, and then install Windows 7 on that. Obviously, make sure you don't format any system or recovery partitions, and make sure to back up all of your data beforehand, because formatting the main partition will erase everything on it.