Single player command list, with explanations. NEW - Cvar list!

Hi there guys!
I have just finished another command list, this one does NOT contain cvars, but there is still a lot to read.
There ARE explanations :)

Please inform me about any mistakes I have made.
Every new article on my site will be in English, and I;m going to translate the old ones, so stay tuned ;)

There you go guys : http://jediacademy.c...s.php?cat_id=15

(The site is being incredibly slow since I tried to make achievement system, sorry dudes)

Fighter and Dusty like this

"cmd" is used in MP to explicitly send a command to the server (Rather than the command being handled by the client or auto-completed to a cvar)

"dir [directory] [extension]" will list all files in the specified directory. If you specify an extension, only files with that extension will show.

>disconnect – return to main menu (Famous Disco cmd from multiplayer)

"disco" itself isn't a command, that's just the auto-completion guessing you wanted "disconnect".

"exec [file]" will load the specified file, and insert text line-by-line into the command buffer (as if you typed it manually)

"ff_restart" sounds like it restarts the force feedback system, e.g. controller vibration. Seems to be leftover code/assets from the Xbox port.

"loadhud" is used to load another HUD after you change cg_hudFiles from "ui/jahud.txt" to your own HUD

"nextframe", "nextskin", "prevframe", "prevskin" etc

/*
=============================================================================

MODEL TESTING

The viewthing and gun positioning tools from Q2 have been integrated and
enhanced into a single model testing facility.

Model viewing can begin with either "testmodel <modelname>" or "testgun <modelname>".

The names must be the full pathname after the basedir, like 
"models/weapons/v_launch/tris.md3" or "players/male/tris.md3"

Testmodel will create a fake entity 100 units in front of the current view
position, directly facing the viewer.  It will remain immobile, so you can
move around it to view it from different angles.

Testgun will cause the model to follow the player around and supress the real
view weapon model.  The default frame 0 of most guns is completely off screen,
so you will probably have to cycle a couple frames to see it.

"nextframe", "prevframe", "nextskin", and "prevskin" commands will change the
frame or skin of the testmodel.  These are bound to F5, F6, F7, and F8 in
q3default.cfg.

If a gun is being tested, the "gun_x", "gun_y", and "gun_z" variables will let
you adjust the positioning.

Note that none of the model testing features update while the game is paused, so
it may be convenient to test with deathmatch set to 1 so that bringing down the
console doesn't pause the game.

=============================================================================
*/

"play [soundfile]" is meant to play the specified sound, but it doesn't seem to work. Try "play blah" then "soundlist" - you will see it tried to find "blah"

"reset [cvar]" will reset the specified cvar to its default value, similar to cvar_restart but only for a single cvar.

"r_atihack" iirc was added for a dynamic glow issue on ATI graphics cards. Not "r_antihack" which doesn't exist

"touchfile" is used to create a blank file, for testing read/write permissions in a given directory. JA needs write permission for savegames, screenshots, etc

"wait [frames]" will ignore anything currently in the command buffer for the specified amount of frames (not seconds)

"zone_details", "zone_stats" are for memory allocation debugging/diagnostics.

Fighter, Hugo and RancorSNP like this

"set" - sets the variable for the current game session only.

"seta" - writes the variables value you set to the jaconfig. Useful if you want the game to pretty much always remember the variable.

"sets" - stands for setserver. pretty sure in SP the save file you're playing counts as the server.

"setu" - dunno. maybe just acts like sets. In MP it has a use.

"weapon" - as you stated it holsters all weapons. You need to have weapon_none out to be able to equip weapons like weapon_scepter.

"weapon 14" - command for making the player equip weapon_melee if he has it.

"invuse" - uses currently selected inventory item in SP.

"use_bacta" - uses bacta tank if you have any (invuse doesn't work for bacta tanks, only this command)

therfiles likes this
"set" - sets the variable for the current game session only.

"seta" - writes the variables value you set to the jaconfig. Useful if you want the game to pretty much always remember the variable.

"sets" - stands for setserver. pretty sure in SP the save file you're playing counts as the server.

"setu" - dunno. maybe just acts like sets. In MP it has a use.

set = modify existing cvar without modifying flags, or create new cvar with 0 flags

seta = modify existing cvar adding on the 'archive' flag, or create a new cvar with 'archive' flag

sets = modify existing cvar adding on the 'serverinfo' flag (so clients can see the value with a /getstatus request)

setu = modify existing cvar adding on the 'userinfo' flag (so servers can see the value when a client connects)

"play [soundfile]" is meant to play the specified sound, but it doesn't seem to work. Try "play blah" then "soundlist" - you will see it tried to find "blah"

The 'play' command works, try play "sound/interface/secret_area".

• 2 years later...

So 3 years later the time has come, and finally an article about Single Player Cvars is coming along. 

I do not have much time to work on it now, so if anyone want's to help like you did before, I will be very grateful, and you guys will be properly credited for your work. 

If only interested in cvars, and not interested in helping, just check the site from time to time to check the updates :)

http://jediacademy.cba.pl/readarticle.php?article_id=38