Sponsoring a Community Hack | Feedback Needed

Hey everybody, I plan on sponsoring a community addition: Archipelago (https://archipelago.gg/), a game randomizer and multiplayer mod that lets you unlock progression with other friends while you play through your favorite games.

It's really popular with streamers and friends that want to play multiplayer games together. Basically, you can all play separate games, but progression depends on everyone continuing forward. If Link beats a boss on a Zelda game, you might get the dual saber style on Jedi Academy for example. Or maybe it unlocks a mission, or a Force Power.

I plan to sponsor $250 to create a mod based on OpenJK specifically. I don't know how to request balance and progression that would tie in with other games though. Please let me know what you think would make sense, if you're interested in this idea!

Unlockables:

1. Missions (this can block progression)

2. Saber styles

3. Weapons (has this ever really mattered)

4. Force tiers for basic force abilities (this can technically block progression)

5. Optionally, skins, customization, saber hilts, etc. when it comes to character customization

Here's the ask:

1. What would be balanced, when it comes to the unlocks that other games give you?

2. What would be offered in the mod to allow progression (for example, in Ocarina of Time, 5-10 Rupees is an item. This is a problem with minimal unlocks in Jedi Academy. But requiring you to visit every secret area would be evil.)

3. Should missions be locked behind progress?

4. Is there any other form of progression that should be considered? (For example, increasing player force power to 200 instead of 100, like Luke's character)

Let me know what you think! I know you probably find this random, but I love this game and hope it comes back into the mainstream enough that remasters/remakes are considered. Thanks!