About This File
Uploaded by: @Caelum
Quake 3 Engine Minimizer (or Q3E Minimizer for short) is a small desktop utility designed to allow users to forcibly minimize any games that were built on the idTech 3 engine, using a set of predefined hotkeys.
For technical reasons, all Quake 3 based games disable the Alt-Tab key command when they are in full screen mode (Presumably this is because the engine takes control of the display's hardware gamma in order to render the game at higher contrast. More on that here). Suffice it to say, this can sometimes be quite frustrating especially if you have any programs you want to reach in the background (such as a music player).
To help get around this, Q3E Minimizer was created to let users set hotkeys that will forcibly minimize the game engine window, and return them to the desktop.
Features of Q3E Minimizer include:
- Operates entirely out of the system tray, so it's as invisible as possible.
- Can be set to open upon Windows login.
- A dynamic detector that determines what idTech 3 games are being played on the system.
- A dynamic resolution modifier that will change your screen resolution between desktop and game modes.
- Open Q3EMinimizerv151_Setup.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once installed, and upon opening Q3E minimizer, the main window will appear. In the drop-down menu located near the bottom of the window, choose which game you would like the minimizer to currently focus on, or leave it at Auto Game Detection, if you wish.
- Start up that game as you would normally.
- To minimize the game, press the default keys: Control-Z
- To restore, press Shift-Control-Z
To configure the hot keys, right-click on your current game's icon in the system tray, and choose "Settings...". From there, use the interface to select your new keys.
To exit the program, right-click on the Q3E Minimizer icon in the system tray and choose 'Exit'.
I hope you enjoy using Q3E Minimizer and that it makes your gaming experience all the more better.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
What's New in Version 1.51
- Fixed a bug where if you closed a game, then opened it again, you'd get an error message saying that the maximize hotkey had already been registered.
- (Not actually bad, but started to annoy the heck out of me ;P )
- Fixed a bug where trying to swap the hotkeys (or make both fields the same set of hotkeys) when a game was active wouldn't work, and would cause invalid hotkey entries.
- Fixed a bug where if the game was minimized through the 'Minimize if game loses focus' checkbox, the active window would keep switching to the desktop every few seconds. (Very very annoying :P )
- Fixed an error where if the DSM was used in conjunction with the 'Minimize if game loses focus' checkbox, the resolution wouldn't change.
- Fixed a small glitch where there was a delay in the hotkeys working if new ones were set while a game was active.
- Fixed a few loose odds and ends around the menus and added a few more error checking functions.