The Exile's Voyage

I threw this title around a few times when I was showcasing skins and I feel like I should elaborate to people here.

In late '05-early '06 I had started a project that I wanted to make with Zappa during the glory days of Jedi Outcast Movies (I was helping him with all sorts of stuff! His Revenge of the Sith reenactments, Jedi Academy Clone Wars [a series spurred on by The Jedi's Demise machinima movie - a three-parter if I recall -, some time after Attack of the Clones came out], to name a couple of big ones). The Exile's Voyage was what I picked and it would follow my Star Wars Galaxies character, Karag Drakas, who I created right at the release of Jump To Lightspeed. Well, when everything went all to Hell...me losing my guild after the pre-CU and then thereafter the NGE...I decided I properly wanted to make a series. Unfortunately I never pushed myself enough and nothing really ever got done. In late 2006, I met a new friend...Darth Ajax was his name... on Hapslash's Void. He went really just by Ajax. We became really close, practically brothers, after a very short time, and we collaborated with Zappa for a little while. At one point, on the Void, we made an RP thread called "Field of Heroes" (which people came in and kinda butchered the immersion, but Ajax and I said screw that noise and wanted to make a 'canon' representation of our characters).

His character, Rath Deris, vanished during the Clone Wars on a mission to Tatooine. I forget his apprentice's name, but she tried to stop him. Didn't exactly work. My character, Karag Drakas, ended up having an apprentice just right as soon as the Clone Wars broke out, a Zabrak named Kahlar Saric, who gave into the temptation of the darkside and left him during a climactic battle on Dantooine, Master Drakas' homeworld. Karag and Rath both trained at the temple together, under several different masters, and had become good friends. My story, the Exile's Voyage, follows Karag during his exile after the Clone Wars ended (his last battle was on Kashyyyk. The 514th Pathfinders Regiment, his clone troopers, turned on him -- only about half, though. Some of them didn't receive the orders due to a chip malfunction, but he didn't know that). He escapes Kashyyyk in a stolen hyperspace-capable Republic ship, manages to sell the ship to someone else and disable the tracking device, and buy another ship (a piece of junk, but it's hyperspace capable), and he plots a course to Dathomir. In old legends (SWG), there was a force sensitive village there, protected by a 'force wall' in which only people sensitive to the force may enter. The village is named Aurilia. It took him days on the planet to find it, but he managed to hide there for several years. Up until about 7 ABY. He gets a call from the force to go to Dantooine. There he finds his old friend, Rath, who has been fighting the Empire for awhile (the Empire has been planting weapons on civilians after massacring them - political points for the Empire), but too has been called to the location. The location is Karag's old home. Rath has a crew with him. Karag came alone. They would all partake in something much greater than them - the restoration of the old Republic that they once held dear.

With the new canon, I've had to shift some of the plot points around to where they fit, and unfortunately my friend Ajax has left us in 2012 to an automobile accident, so I can't really do anything with his character - it feels wrong somehow, so I can only do things with my own character, and maybe have flashbacks or mentions of Rath. I don't think it will spoil the story by saying that Rath dies on an undercover mission to Coruscant to the hands of a bounty hunter who was a massive danger to our crew...and Rath was slowly being consumed by the dark side ever since Tatooine. Karag, with the remainder of the crew, fights against the Galactic Empire, and has his own Rebel cell known as "Karag's Raiders". I have models, for the most part, to fill every spot - however I'm obviously going to have to request some special kitbashes if I want to be accurate to my own portrayal of this series.

I'm not sure how I would go about making a lengthy machinima TV-style series of my character... or perhaps I should do a comic series like Kualan and some others. Any thoughts on this would be nice. It took me YEARS trying to finalize my story and unless I do something about it, I won't be completely satisfied with my story product and nothing will ever get done. There will be a lot of things people will remember, or at least learn about, with this series. Dealing with various Nightsister Clans (Singing Mountain Clan, primarily), freeing Wookiees from the Avatar Platform over Kashyyyk, finding lost friends captured by the Death Watch on Endor (Death Watch Bunker), surviving an onslaught of Death Troopers, defending Aurilia from the Sith Shadow Thug group (a familiar face from Karag's past returns, but who?), having visions of his ancestors, the list is endless and all I need to do is establish a timeline for all of these things.

The crew pilot a Corellian YT-2000 freighter called the "Dark Matter", which is handed down to Karag from Rath. I know there's a show called "Dark Matter" out there, but we had this working name years before that thing came along.

I effectively call it the "Field of Heroes" trilogy, as it was originally intended by both Ajax and myself.