Background Contest #2 - Submit Here!

You may submit your background by posting in this thread. Here are the official rules of the competition:

• The art must be submitted by March 1st, 2016. Winners will be determined over a week-long voting period.
  • Winners will be determined via a voting system similar to the Holiday Competition.
  • Artwork must be a minimum of 1900x1200 pixels in size. The larger, the better! Ideally, your work should look good on all resolutions.
  • Screenshots must depict content which is only available in the base game, or official Raven Map Packs. Hand-made artwork / concept art is also acceptable.
  • Screenshots may be of content in JK2 or JKA only. Submitted artwork must be related to JK in some way.
  • You may submit up to 3 pieces of content for this competition.

Best of luck!

You can find out more information about the contest with the latest news post, here.

Edited by eezstreet
Daedra and Bek like this

I've thrown a few together. I have no intention of winning, but I do enjoy the participation. :)

Note: These images use my Custom Concept/hand-made images from a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. All pictures dimensions are 3840x2160.

ff218d466484586.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ff218d466484586

1a3882466484709.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1a3882466484709

Good luck to everyone who takes part! :winkthumb:

Darth Sion, Mert-K and Omicron like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Even though the deadline was 2 days ago, I overheard one of your comments about rebooting this contest due to the lack of submissions. Well I for one have some nice juicy in-game screenshots for you. Before I go on any further I would like to say that 2 years ago I participated in this contest and immaturely forged votes under several email accounts. This of course got me disqualified and kicked out of the competition. But this year I want to redeem myself and try to compete in this contest the right way :) . After all that has been said here are some screenshots in some eye-popping 4k quality.

shot0005.jpg?dl=0

shot0007.jpg?dl=0

shot0011.jpg?dl=0

ent, Omicron, Bek and 1 other like this

I've thrown a few together. I have no intention of winning, but I do enjoy the participation. :)

Note: These images use my Custom Concept/hand-made images from a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. All pictures dimensions are 3840x2160.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window? window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)}); h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)}); var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f; if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c= 0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})(); pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://jkhub.org/index.php?s=0aedd819c268b3d1a07e147d5207cad2&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=7179&p=103193&md5check=bdd0f5f0ebdd1a4a36083685a1184406&isRte=1,XJjZaj8buz,true,false,BK3e1VuvGM0'); //]]></script>ff218d466484586.jpg&&0

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ff218d466484586

1a3882466484709.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1a3882466484709

Good luck to everyone who takes part! :winkthumb:

I do REALLY like the look of these two images. Although I'm not sure the Jedi Knight logo is best placed in the centre, like that.. You'd never see it.But the concept and the artwork is great! They'd also need to have much, much larger dimensions, if either of them are gonna be used.

I do REALLY like the look of these two images. Although I'm not sure the Jedi Knight logo is best placed in the centre, like that.. You'd never see it.But the concept and the artwork is great! They'd also need to have much, much larger dimensions, if either of them are gonna be used.

The requirement size asked for was 1900x1200 pixels. I made sure the images were larger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So seeing as how the Jedi Knight series (and I guess STAR WARS, in general) is about 2 factions; The Jedi and Sith (The Light Side and The Dark Side of the Force), I thought it might be an idea to throw in each faction's moral codes, as wallpapers. Obviously, all of these files are pulled from the web. But at least it gives you a general idea of what to work with. And of course, I'm sure you'll have your own ways of creating wallpapers of your own with them..

Rfhpx8K.jpg

sith_jedi_code_by_wingmaster6-d9l6xlz.pn

tumblr_nnsg6wUOp81u2cffeo1_1280.jpg

Star-Wars-Sith-Code-Wallpaper-2.jpg

SWTOR-Jedi-code.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg