What events, maps, etc would you like to see on the community server I'm arranging.

As many of you may have noticed, I'm in the process of arranging a community server for us to play on. It's not intended as a 24/7 server, the idea is that it will be used to host various events and such. Currently the main idea is to play Hydroball. I wanted to know if there are any other things you guys would like to have happen.

I'm thinking of perhaps setting up some tffa/ctf/duel ladders etc as well. Maybe some other events too of a similar nature to what some of you may remember from the old SR and Cosmos (I think a few other clans do them these days too?) monthly tournaments (things like LMS sniper battles, vehicle combat, capture the tauntaun, swoop races etc). I was also considering setting up something I planned out a while ago where clanmod is used to make guns far more powerful and have some decent gun battles.

I also thought It could be a good opportunity to use some fun maps that don't get to see much daylight on most public ffa servers (space maps and such)

Basically, I want your suggestions, so I can prepare some good stuff that you guys will actually want to play =P Ideas?

Suggested So Far:

• Hydroball
  • Capture The Tauntaun - Players fight over control of a tauntaun. (basically moving king of the hill)
  • Hammerzeit - Duels with Knockback hammers over a death-pit.
  • Ninjamod
  • Gunslingers Academy
  • Hide and Seek on custom maps.
  • Tag duelling. Cause its like duelling, but much more betterer.
  • Dog-Fighting
  • Racing

I don't know...I remember that one of the funnest times I had on a server was when cheats were on, and we were just reeking havoc.

I don't know, little minigames that we could play would be pretty fun. Anything that change the original hack n' slash multiplayer we have now. I like the idea of capture the tauntaun!

Maybe a map could be made?

Zombie! Red team (1 Player aka Zombie) vs all other blue players (Humans).

30 secs for the blue team to hide.

Once a blue gets killed by the zombie or whatever he goes to the red team, last human wins and become the zombie in the next round. Kinda hide and seek too.

It's like an FPS. The only stipulation is that you have to run with sv_jampDed set to 1 if running via jampDed. Has CTF, etc

Aye, I know the very basic idea of it. I was originally going to make a map for you way back when, but vanished from jka shortly after signing up for it =P

Perhaps a race map. (NOT CORUCAUNT SPEEDWAY, it crashes the server after about 30-45 minutes for a reason unknown to me)

I love racemaps, i just havent gotten around to finishing my rainbow road 2.0 >.>

I vote a racing map

im also game for the hide n seek thing

Just a little update. I'm going to be away most of next week, and will be ordering the server when I return next weekend. Around that time I will make a final post with details of the server I am going with and asking who is interested in sharing ownership/costs so we can get a bigger server, and keep it running longer.

MagSul and afi like this

For the consideration of those of you interested in splitting this server, here is the deal I am probably going with:

rUMVN.jpg

from lowpinggameservers.

As I mentioned before, I will finalise it when I get back from being away next weekend.

It's not very expensive, I'm hoping that between a few of us we can afford a few months worth.