Multiplayer Views

I'm working on a coding/scripting project based on some of my personal tweaks that adds three new player view options to the Multiplayer game, activated by four buttons on the right side of the keyboard (namely , . / ').

The views are:

True View -- first person view, even with lightsaber:

6dre51.jpg

Action View -- closer to character and without reticle:

jj1z6p.jpg

Camera View -- third person, fixed point camera view:

dvkget.jpg

And of course there's the game's Default View (further away, with the reticle) to easily switch back to:

whjry9.jpg

These would work on online servers as well (on the client side). Would anyone be interested in seeing this released?

Do you have any critical feedback to share or comments/suggestions for improvement/features?

MrHeisenberg likes this

I'm working on a coding/scripting project based on some of my personal tweaks that adds three new player view options to the Multiplayer game, activated by four buttons on the right side of the keyboard (namely , . / ').

The views are:

True View -- first person view, even with lightsaber:

6dre51.jpg

Action View -- closer to character and without reticle:

jj1z6p.jpg

Camera View -- third person, fixed point camera view:

dvkget.jpg

And of course there's the game's Default View (further away, with the reticle) to easily switch back to:

whjry9.jpg

These would work on online servers as well (on the client side). Would anyone be interested in seeing this released? Do you have any critical feedback to share or comments/suggestions for improvement/features?

Looks amazing!

Please could you try to add the First Person Saber into Single Player.. that would be incredible :P

How so? :huh:

It requires using a specific model that has invisible parts and the crappy camera angle makes you see the cuts of the model. It honestly is not good at all. But from the look of your screenshot it looks alot cleaner and overall better

Well, in my case you don't have a body -- just like in first person with a gun in the game. It can be adjusted to show a semi-transparent body, for example (though this doesn't look nice with every player model), but by default I thought it would be best to keep the view clean: just your lightsaber blade and you. The only downside is that we don't get the hilt showing while you're holding the saber -- but it does show if you throw it.

@, I had a brief look into the SP code and the SP game is actually missing a player model opacity setting in its current implementations, so coding a first person view into it would be a whole lot more complicated. That SP True View mod that currently exists is actually really well done as far as the retail/base game allows.

An update on this: on careful inspection, and with a few practical tests, I may have found a different way to accomplish this (a clear first person lightsaber view) in the singe-player game mode. I will need to write a more advanced script to handle it, though, and the hilt will show in SP.

Edit:

It may also be possible to create generic male and female hands to go with the lightsaber, but I think I'll reserve that for a later release of the mod. Also, there's the question of how that would look with a Rodian or Kel'dor Jaden...

Daedra likes this

Thanks @@Circa. That's good, because it looks like I've just hit a dead-end with my SP approach/method...

I'll check this out in a few days when my Internet is normal again.

@@redsaurus, did you make any modifications/adjustments to the OJP True View source? Is there an option to not have the player model obstruct the view? (I haven't seen how OJP handles this...)

• 7 months later...