Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

A thread for all my WIPs - mostly frankensteins and kitbashes, but some original model content too.

All my releases on the Hub can found here: Kualan's JKHub Content

Screenshots of my WIPs can be found HERE.

Other half-completed WIPs are available in the Kualan WIP Mega Pack via Dropbox.

Update 28/09/17: The 2nd Kualan WIP Mega Pack can now be downloaded via Dropbox, containing more raw JKA kitbashes people can use for mods, etc.

Content released on the Hub so far (updated 28/09/2017):

- Jedi Temple Guard

- Dengar

- Captain Phasma

- Kylo Ren

- Embo

- Asajj Ventress Bounty Hunter Pack

- The Inquisitor

- Plo Koon

- Adi Gallia

- Depa Billaba

- Even Piell

- Clones of the 501st

- Galactic Army of the Republic Pack

- IG-88

- Bossk

- Galactic Senators Pack

- Bric and El-Les (Bounty Hunters)

- Senate Commando Pack

- Luminara Unduli

- Barriss Offee

- K'kruhk

And finally we have the Works In Progress that have yet to be finished or released in any form. These models include:

- Young Boba Fett Pack

- Asajj Ventress (Dark Disciple variant)

- Coruscant Underworld Police

- C-21 Highsinger (Bounty Hunter)

- Cad Bane

- BARC speeder bike

- Senator Orn Free Taa

- Sian Jeisel (Devaronian Jedi Knight)

- Clone Guerilla

- Shaak Ti v2.0

- Security Officert

- Republic Special Forces Trooper

- Dr Rig Nema 

- Black Sun Mercenary

- Sy Snootles

- Coruscant Police Droid

- Todo 360 

- The Droid Squad 

- Oppo Rancisis

I'm always open to hear people requests in this thread - I can't promise that I'll take them up, but it never hurts to ask.

I'm glad you were one of the guys taking the frankensteining tutorial on-board, because you can re-texture them aswell :P

I'd prefer it if the mandalorian helmet was shrunk a little on the width, it's so fat.

Otherwise great job so far man, looking forward to seeing you be able to make a lot of your ideas a reality!

Glad you guys like the Temple Guard. I initially tried to do it with a completely flat face surface but the only one I could find was from the Iron Man skins and the way that texture is set up makes it hell to re-do with a pattern as intricate as the Temple Guard's mask. So I'm using the standard Spanki face for now, and the texture for the mask is touched up on a photosourced base.

Nice work on the temple guard. Maybe scale down the cloth pattern a bit on the bottom of part of the robe to match the rest.

Good shout, shall do.

You could try using Gir's Revan for the mask, as skinning it on a face will make it look a bit odd when ingame when the character starts using facial expressions and such

I know I looked at Gir's Revan originally as a source for the mask surface...I can't remember now why I didn't choose to use it, but there must have been a reason because on the outside it seems like a perfect choice. I'll give it another look at some point, thanks.

Could you edit Kyle or Jedi Trainer so that they would have some stormtrooper parts on them?

for example; remove jeditrainers shoulderpad, replace it with stormtrooper shoulderpad, add the forearm armor and the handplate.

Why not change the entire arm? BECAUSE = reskinning the jeditrainer arm is easier than reskinning the stormtrooper arm.

If you'd do that for me, I could create some really cool clonewars type Jeditrainers and Kyle for my SP

here's a photoshop frankenstein, recoulouring those parts and overall reskin of jeditrainer makes a wonderful armoured jedi

Untitled.jpg

1392149574000-REB-IA-443.jpgAnakin-Obi-wan-and-clone-troopers-clone-

krkarr and Jugador 0 like this

Jedi temple guard looked great in the show, though unexplainably strange - during the Knight Fall we see no such warriors struggling against clones (even though it's understandable, that they came up with this design much later, after Episode III release). I wonder if these were a nod towards the changes in the Republic: just like the Blue Senate guards were seen more rarely with the introduction of the Red Guards, and Clone troopers changing their appearance to more intimidating one, the same seem to happen to the Jedi Order as well: most Jedi look human or alive, emotionally readable (even though emotions are restrained), unlike the Jedi Temple guards, who hide their faces, making them look more like unidentifiable troops, whose loyalties lie elsewhere. Season 6 stories with Yoda prove, that even the old Master is not sure, whether they are of the Jedi Order in reality...

But sticking back to the models - I really like the look of these models. Depa Billaba uses a stronger eye makeup, if you look on her in the films or photos. It actually was her specialty besides other decorations. Strange we never see her in the CW by the way. SW Galactic Battlegrounds seem to be the only source revealing her voice.

P.S. Jedi Temple guards masks remind of the ones, which can be acquired in SW The Old Republic on both sides, including the Jedi.

@zeƒilus I've put your request on my list of things to do.

Some more WIPs. These are ones that have been designed specifically for my Tales From The Clone Wars machinima comic, but which have some scope for customisation (as does anything that uses a Spanki or Gweth head).

Male Agent in Operational and Dress Uniform:

ConceptAnzaAgent.jpg

ConceptAnzaOfficer.jpg

Female Agent in Operational and Dress Uniform (NB: The female Imperial officer body is a preview version from the Dark Pastime mod, so will not be released until that mod is):

ConceptSarellaAgent.jpg

ConceptSarellaOfficer.jpg

Mace Windu Travel Outfit:

ConceptMaceOffworld.jpg

Asajj Ventress Rogue Outfit:

ConceptVentress.jpg

Jugador 0, krkarr, Merek and 8 others like this

Some more WIPs. These are ones that have been designed specifically for my Tales From The Clone Wars machinima comic, but which have some scope for customisation (as does anything that uses a Spanki or Gweth head).

ConceptAnzaAgent.jpg

ConceptAnzaOfficer.jpg

Female Agent in Operational and Dress Uniform (NB: The female Imperial officer body is a preview version from the Dark Pastime mod, so will not be released until that mod is):

ConceptSarellaAgent.jpg

ConceptMaceOffworld.jpg

ConceptVentress.jpg

I love it! Really digging the agent uniform!

DarthStiv likes this

ConceptAnzaAgent.jpg

ConceptAnzaOfficer.jpg

ConceptSarellaAgent.jpg

ConceptMaceOffworld.jpg

ConceptVentress.jpg

Oh my f**g God!!11 Let me have it all! хD

I love it! Really digging the agent uniform!

It originates with the Legacy RP community, I believe.

Mace Windu travel outfit :D Toshi's Luke Skywalker model, right?

" I've had it with these motherfucking sith in my motherfucking Republic! "

That's right! Was going to do a Tatooine TPM Qui-Gon with it as well.

And for now, another WIP of a certain Kyuzo bounty hunter from The Clone Wars...

ConceptEmbo.jpg

Omicron, NumberWan, Ruxith and 5 others like this

Once these make it out of the concept phase, this will be the most glorious flood of new models in some time. Each one is amazing, innovative, exciting and fantastic. I'm super excited.

Will the imperial agent models be static on which head is used, or will you be able to move between a few of the various jedi_hm custom heads?

Just fantastic overall, amazing work!

Once these make it out of the concept phase, this will be the most glorious flood of new models in some time. Each one is amazing, innovative, exciting and fantastic. I'm super excited.

Will the imperial agent models be static on which head is used, or will you be able to move between a few of the various jedi_hm custom heads?

Just fantastic overall, amazing work!

I've only added the one head as it was all I needed for my comic's purposes. However before the model is packaged and released I will add the other two Jedi_HM heads to it.

There is a roadblock with the Agent models however - the brunt of the work on the bodies was done by a member of the now-defunct Legacy RP community. Tracking down the creator to ask for permission could prove tricky. The Imperial Officer variants will be much less difficult to release however.

I've only added the one head as it was all I needed for my comic's purposes. However before the model is packaged and released I will add the other two Jedi_HM heads to it.

There is a roadblock with the Agent models however - the brunt of the work on the bodies was done by a member of the now-defunct Legacy RP community. Tracking down the creator to ask for permission could prove tricky. The Imperial Officer variants will be much less difficult to release however.

Ah, I can understand that... It's nice we got to see them at least, and if even half of these models make it to mass release we'll all be better off by far.

Glad you like it. Just a quick question - does anyone know if Neomarz has a standing policy on using/crediting his work? At the moment he is the only user I've been unable to contact for permission to use the hat from his Dark Adept model with Embo. Once I have that permission he can be released.