• Hip hop with 3 years.
    • Jazzin' it up with 4.
    • Impressin' with 5.
    • Crazy with 6.
    • Legit with 7 years.
    • Legendary with 8.
    • Master haxor with 9.
    • One beeping decade!
    • Other (Please tell us your personal JKA story)

Been playing JKA for as long as I can remember and played it since a little kid. I still remember launching it for the first time and playing MP as Luke with a red lightsaber and the brightness at 0% and not knowing what the heck was going on but loving every moment.

I started modding by mixing and MSPainting skins from other mods. My very first mod was a playermodel with no textures (the grey box thing) that was absolutely worthless but made me so proud.

Circa likes this

I was a tad late to the JA scene by a year or so. I miss the old days!

My first mod was Rax made to look like Santa Claus using MSPaint. It was atrocious. It's still on JK3Files too! :D

Been playing JKA for as long as I can remember and played it since a little kid. I still remember launching it for the first time and playing MP as Luke with a red lightsaber and the brightness at 0% and not knowing what the heck was going on but loving every moment.

I started modding by mixing and MSPainting skins from other mods. My very first mod was a playermodel with no textures (the grey box thing) that was absolutely worthless but made me so proud.

Oh god, does anyone remember when I made these nightmares....mother of god I was terrible.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/TFU_Starkiller_Model;93881

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Ratchet_and_Clank;93126

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Inuyasha;92572

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Emperor_Kisu;95525

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Ember_McLain;95212

My how I have improved,

Liara T'Soni (click to view in 3D)

thumbnail_448.png

A couple of those aren't that bad. :P The Ratchet and Clank are actually pretty good.

The review for Inuyashu made me laugh though. The first line. :D

This question is really ambiguous. What does it mean to play x over a period of z years? When does a year or a month count as 'having played x in'? If I keep JKA installed for years, but don't play, or only play once a year, or play once a month, does that count as 'having played for x years'? Does it count if I stop playing the game in 2006, but then resume it in 2008 as 'having played it since 2006'? Does doing JKA related behind the scenes stuff (or even modding) without actually going ingame count as 'having played x'? I am really confused.

EDIT: I guess OP's question is more a matter of "How long ago was the first time you played JKA?"

I can remember when Jedi Knight:Dark Forces Came out and all the excitement of Dark Forces II .Then came Jedi outcast and blew the community away with its saber combat.Sadly Jedi Academy was not received with as much enthusiasm, even though the saber mechanics where better JKA lost that starwars feeling with its weak story and poor maps.Everybody was speculating that Jedi Knight 4 would rescue the francise for years but it never happened.

For me Jedi Outcast was the king of singleplayer but jedi academy multiplayer  mods soon came out and the community exploded when moviebattles 1 "Jedi outcast" stopped development and Moviebattles 2 "Jedi academy" hit the community.Mods like OJP ,forcemod III , Clonewars mod and clan mod really rescued JKA.And the community became a real big monster for a few years with clans,clubs and organised competitions.

Yes im an old fart 

Circa and katanamaru like this

1999 is when I got a computer to run JK and MotS. I actually bought the game a year earlier when it was on sale with a gift card. I actually didn't like them at first because the saber was so slow. Then I got my first mod by Shadow X called Saber Battle X! After that I was hooked!

I reserved JO and picked it up the night it came out from Gamestop. I still have the pcgamer magazine where JO was first revealed! When JO came out I was at first disappointed with the saber being slower. Then I saw that it could bounce and attack from a different angle really quickly. Couple that with the console command g_saberanimspeed 1.1 and I was set.

When JA was first announced it was April 1st. First I thought it was a joke mod. Then I thought it was a joke by Raven. Then I learned it was legit and reserved a copy at Gamestop again. Man when that demo came out I was hooked. Using multiple sabers, playermodel commands, more force, gawd it was great!

The one thing that bugged me since JO was the run with the saber. I liked the JK one so much more that I kept waiting for somebody to mod it back into the newer games. Well it never happened so I decided that I'd give it a shot. That is still my favorite mod I've made for JA.

Circa and Serenity937 like this

Lol.  I went shopping at Target once.  There I absent mindedely wandered into the video game section.  And I saw JKA and said, Hmmm...only 10 dollars.  Oooh lightsaber multiplayer.  Is probably fun.  Hmmm...my PC can actually play it.  Okay I get it.

I'm glad I did.

--

Speaking of modding JKA, I have many horror stories about me, GTK Radiant, and rainbows.

Circa and therfiles like this

JKG Developer

Lol.  I went shopping at Target once.  There I absent mindedely wandered into the video game section.  And I saw JKA and said, Hmmm...only 10 dollars.  Oooh lightsaber multiplayer.  Is probably fun.  Hmmm...my PC can actually play it.  Okay I get it.

I'm glad I did.

--

Speaking of modding JKA, I have many horror stories about me, GTK Radiant, and rainbows.

This is actually how I got mine too. I saw it was so cheap and got it because it was a Star Wars game. And that's my thing. :D

Boy I feel old now. Some of you just picking it up on a whim is crazy.

Why does that make you feel old? :P I got mine a year after it came out.

I played JK2 at a friends house every once in awhile on his GameCube, and then I got it for the original Xbox and played it all the time. I didn't get it for PC until after I got JA.

therfiles likes this

I remember playing JK2 back in highschool. I had a guy lend me his disc to install. He was talking about some guy called Kyle Katarn, and I was like "hmm ok you make it sound cool so I'll try this".

Geez my PC was sooooooooooooooo crap that I couldn't even crank up the graphics. Could barely play JKA, it jittered on the yavin1 map where the camera pans back to Jaden & Rosh in the shuttle. To this day, I still don't "own" JO. I bought JKA though, and I still have those same discs. :P

DF2 & MOTS I bought as EA classics lol.

therfiles and Circa like this