JK-inspired game seeks help for development

ScreenShot00003.jpg

The Open Saber Project (pending a name change—coming soon!) is looking for additional staff.
We’re a project dedicated to reinventing the same kind of combat we all know and love from JKA in the Unreal Engine 4, in the form of a whole new game in a whole new world.
While we’ve made a lot of progress so far, we’re still far from done (still in the pre-alpha stage), and need people for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:

- Programmers
- Concept artists
- Texture artists
- Modelers
- Animators
- UI artists
- Character artists

This prototype is exclusively done using UE4’s blueprint (visual scripting) system. The blueprint system is utilized for two important reasons:
1) Prototypes require constant changes/additions/deletions – and iteration times using blueprints are considerably shorter
2) Non-developers can also contribute.
Once this project nears the end of prototyping, all systems which significantly affect performance will be converted to C++.

If you or someone you know might be interested in aiding the project, message Dzon either here on JKH (https://jkhub.org/user/3682-dzon/) or on Discord (Dzon#2089), which is what we use the most for team communication.
For more information, visit our Discord server here https://discord.gg/rXuAeNm.

A note on Star Wars content: We do not own the rights to anything Star Wars, and will not be able to use Star Wars-based content in the release version of the game.
However, we do welcome (and support) any Star Wars content in the form of independent mods for the game post-release.

Preview video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VJ_H_qy-Tz2cqeF6GwuAmk5AI-RpOT0L/view

Screenshots:

unknown.png
unknown.png
ScreenShot00003.jpg
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

If you have any kind of questions, feel free to post them here and we will try to answer them.

Delmi, elias, Smoo and 5 others like this

Thanks! We appreciate the kind words, and yes, we will definitely need luck to some degree. But, hopefully, with hard work the project will reach a point at which luck will no longer be needed.

I'm very excited for this project, and I think every Jedi Knight player should be as well. I have tried many games to satisfy my need for something along the lines of Jedi Academy, and I could never find such thing. Therefore, we will try (and are trying) to bring you an amazing experience. The current prototype should be available for download very soon. We look forward to seeing your feedback regarding the game's feel, we would like you to love it. I reckon it is in a state in which dueling other players is really fun, despite the combat not being in a final state.

Like afinity's said in his post, please reply to this topic or join our discord server if you have any questions, we will be more than happy to answer them!

Noodle, Smoo and Mizore like this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...