Ben Kenobi vs Vader Fan Film Teaser

This is what I imagine the fight was like, when you think about how Anakin/Vader was feeling, he was fighting a man he hated so there was no way he'd have given a simple 'fencing fight' but we know this was down to limitations at the time.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

This is what I imagine the fight was like, when you think about how Anakin/Vader was feeling, he was fighting a man he hated so there was no way he'd have given a simple 'fencing fight' but we know this was down to limitations at the time.

Yeah but to be fair this could be interepreted in a way that Vader remembered how dangerous Obi-Wan could be especially when Vader gives into his anger too much like he did on Mustafar and make mistakes. So we have a more careful and collected Vader fighting Obi-Wan and attacking him with cautious swings.

AnonMC and the_raven like this

Nice! One thing I have to note is that Vader's style looks a bit reckless here.

Also, when you stop to consider how ep4's backstory was originally conceived to be (this has probably been addressed many times, even if not on this forum), I think it should be safe to admit that (if you cut the prequels out of the picture) the OT's fights worked quite nicely, and didn't need acrobatics and all that sass from the prequels.

Also, has anyone noticed Obi-Wan's behavior\ attitude during the Death Star duel? In the original, I mean. He actually looked scared, though tried hiding it behind cryptic wisecracks.

Aye, and here a funny detail I just noticed:

Obi-wan-kenobi.png

Does anyone else see it? :)

Yeah but to be fair this could be interepreted in a way that Vader remembered how dangerous Obi-Wan could be especially when Vader gives into his anger too much like he did on Mustafar and make mistakes. So we have a more careful and collected Vader fighting Obi-Wan and attacking him with cautious swings.

Does everyone forget that neither of these characters has actually wielded a lightsaber for over a decade? Wouldn't you get rusty, too, and be more cautious? :D After all:

Governor Tarkin to Vader: "The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion."

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the necropost.

Also I would believe Vader would kept practising his skill to someday overthrow the emperor.

Consider that in the OT, Vader never had the intention to overthrow the Emperor until Luke stepped between them and the Emperor had almost killed his son. That's how much courage/motivation he needed... He said it himself: the Emperor was too powerful in his eyes.

Luke: Come with me.

Vader: Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the dark side! I MUST obey my master.

Luke: I will not turn. And you'll be forced to kill me.

Vader: If that is your destiny.

Luke: Search your feelings, father. You can't do this. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate.

Vader: It is... too late for me, son. The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now.

Luke: [resigned] Then my father is truly dead.