1.3.0 Scrimmage Discussion

This thread will be used for discussing game balance, before/after the scrimmage.

Futuza and I did some testing together, here are some issues that we came up with:

• Bactas only stack to 1 of each. They should stack to 10.
  • Grenades and bactas are too expensive.
  • Side-to-side max speed should increase, but the friction should increase so it's not as easy to dodge and cover is more important.
  • DE-10 is too cheap
  • Not enough special ammo types. The ones that exist are maybe too expensive.
  • Jetpack movement is weird. The burst jetpacks tend to align on the axes, making bursting in diagonal directions feel weird.
  • Crouch movement is weird
  • Stun grenades are too strong, they should stun for 2-3 seconds and not 4
  • Default bounty amount should be raised to 125 instead of 75
  • Armor slows you down too much and doesn't protect enough for how much it slows you down
  • Player should maybe start with all of their magazines reloaded instead of where they were when they died
Smoo likes this

• Stun grenades are too strong, they should stun for 2-3 seconds and not 4
  • Default bounty amount should be raised to 125 instead of 75

Imma partially disagree with you there.  I paid good money for those stun nades, and if I don't directly hit you you don't get stunned afaik.  That said I'd be cool with direct hit == long stun, splash damage hit == short stun.

Default bounty should be 200-300 imo.  This is a cvar though, so up to server admin.

Onysfx likes this

JKG Developer

I've made some changes in develop that obviously need to happen, but more changes will probably be dependent on feedback from the scrimmage.  Here's what's been done:

• Bacta Stacks fixed (Max is 10, and large bacta is 5)
  • Grenades and Bacta prices have been dramatically reduced
  • DE-10 slightly more expensive
  • Default bounty set to 125
  • Armor much more affordable, most armor has had protection values increased (no changes to movement speed yet though)

Note: These won't be changed in time for the scrimmage match.

JKG Developer

On the note of movement speed, I actually feel like movement without armor is too fast, and movement with one piece of stormtrooper armor (not sure if movement slow stacks) feels about right.

Armor only feels not strong enough right now because there is no way to increase your health from 100 HP. Maybe we should implement a rudimentary level up system to gain HP over the course of a game?

On moving side to side that is exactly what I've wanted for a while now. As for sprinting diagonally it should move you on a diagonal axis even less than it does right now in my opinion - but only when sprinting.

Magazines should definitely start at max instead of where the were before death.

Imma partially disagree with you there.  I paid good money for those stun nades, and if I don't directly hit you you don't get stunned afaik.  That said I'd be cool with direct hit == long stun, splash damage hit == short stun.

Default bounty should be 200-300 imo.  This is a cvar though, so up to server admin.

I'm pretty sure Call of Duty does something like distance from grenade explosion point * percentage derived from angle of player view. No matter your angle it would affect you somewhat, I assume a clamp or ramp on that percentage from angle of view, and I assume in order to simulate the bouncing of the flash across nearby surfaces.

I wanna do this again sometime... :(

• Armor looks pretty clunky; in the long run, it may be necessary to build new player and armor models so that they fit together
  • Server lags, plz fix
  • Regular E-11 has an electroscope

Yeah, armor will be fitted to a standard player model.

I think the lag is because of the location. It is hosted in Dallas I think. I get like 50 ping.

-Stormtrooper armor too heavy (It should be light and weak and have little to no movement slowdown.)

-Jetpack needs to be in slot zero of inventory for some reason to be used, otherwise it wont equip.

-Burst Jetpack has horrible diagonal control and resulted in my death many times.

-The Dress Proj Rifle is fking OP. Almost always instakill against non armored opponents, unless of course that's the point. (not talking about the Taris ones, I bought this one from the shop)

-You should be able to sprint jump.

-Regular jumps should only use 5 stamina IMO.

-Nades are pretty expensive for only getting 1 and the credits earned from a kill with it won't make up the price.

-Blaster bolts are WAY too big. Make em a bit smaller, especially for pistols.

-Jetpack needs to be in slot zero of inventory for some reason to be used, otherwise it wont equip.

???  Which jetpack?  I haven't seen this happen at all.  I have seen a glitch that occasionally happens where you have to unequip and reequip once to fix it.  Have any screenshots?

-Burst Jetpack has horrible diagonal control and resulted in my death many times.

Burst type jetpacks are intended to be used to give you a vertical "boost" to higher ledges, not for diagonal/horizontal movement.  Hence why they're much cheaper than the other variant.  That said, there is a weird bug happening with jetpacks I think (though personally I kinda like how hard they are to control, takes a bit of practice to master).

JKG Developer