Solo: A Star Wars Story

I have a bad feeling about this.

I really really want to believe in this movie, but the silence is just so uncomforting, not to mention the director change etc. The Last Jedi was a bit of a disappointment for me and I don't want to be disappointed again by Star Wars, but I'll give it a chance.

• 2 months later...

22 days, anyone think they will deliver anything good with this film? So far there cast for Solo is really not got me excited, he not only looks and sounds nothing like Han, he doesn't appear to have the swagger. Hate the new Falcon personally. It is way too new looking all just so when Lando asks Han what hes done to his ship in ESB people can read into it differently than the story intends, Prequel style.

I think the film will be a good film. It won't do Han justice and won't explore the underworld in anyway or have Jabba or Boba in it, but it will be a solid enough film. Lando will steal the show and I hope Emilia Clarke's role is limited.

I hope Emilia Clarke's role is limited.

Personally, i can't stand Emily Browning. She may be attractive, she may be a talented actress, maybe even a great person, but whenever i see her, i just hate her guts, don't even know why. They've totally overused her in American Gods.

Personally, i can't stand Emily Browning. She may be attractive, she may be a talented actress, maybe even a great person, but whenever i see her, i just hate her guts, don't even know why. They've totally overused her in American Gods.

Wrong Emilia m8

• 2 weeks later...

So, How is this movie ? Is this worth to watch ?(Unfortunately I have to wait since no theater in my country shows has hollywood movie)

Where are you from? On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing they don't, Hollywood just ain't what it used to be.

I was told it's good but not perfect.

I really hate it when the company (disney? lucasarts? whatever) make local premiers in one town, and everybody else has to wait for a month or two before it starts showing in other locations. They did it several times with the new Rebels' seasons, and now with Solo. Fucking annoying is what it is.

Then it's official - the spin-offs ARE better than the new trilogy! :)

I'd actually even go that far and say that this might be the best film out of all the new movies (including the Trilogy and Rogue One) but maybe that's just me :)

Then it's official - the spin-offs ARE better than the new trilogy! :)

100% accurate (to me atleast). Like i said on Kualans status update:

"i hate the new movies (with the exception of rogue one and solo), actually everything new that is canon that takes place between episode 1 and 6 is tolerate, as a matter of fact i actually love some of the new canon things in that era."

And ill be honest, i like all the movies except the new sequel (7,8,9)

The only disappointing thing i thought about the solo movie was the lack of the empire. I mean there were some moments but not alot. But i love the new imperial things that were added such as the imperial patrol trooper, AT-DT, mudtrooper, the imperial immigration officer, heavy tie fighter and the train. I also loved mauls appearence

PreFXDesigns likes this

Just watched the movie. I must admit, I was not disappointed, not even with the leads, despite me complaining about them all the time. Now, if only they had the right faces... -_-

I kinda expected the Kessel Run to be something different, but it was good, definitely worth boasting about, even if it wasn't done in less than 12 parsecs.

I wonder though, why does Woody Harrelson always have to play the resident smart-ass? It's just getting a bit chewed-up, I think. Was also glad to see Paul Bettany - always good to see him.

That feminist-droidist droid was annoying as fuck, but I suppose (and am glad) the entire SJW budget went on her :D

Otherwise, my only complaint is not that the movie is "low-stakes" or "predictable" - who even cares? it's at least entertaining! - but that they pilled everything Solo's known for from ANH into one single incident, it feels a bit lazy.