Solo: A Star Wars Story

I love that the Falcon looks brand new, before Han's modifications.

I'll be honest though, I'm worried about this film. The fact that they had to refilm and hire a top-tier acting coach for the lead actor make this very worrisome. Not to mention we haven't seen anything about this film other than cryptic behind the scenes photos from Ron Howard, and now these images today. The film comes out in 5 months and we don't even have a teaser yet. Obviously they couldn't release one this month because of TLJ hype, but we probably should have had one earlier this year.

Jolly, dg1995 and Jeff like this

I've seen him in "The Martian" and the new spider-man film and his acting turned both movies from a 3/10 to a 1/10 in less than a minute. I have never seen a less sincere acting, can't stand him at all.

That's fair. I think he's best served in a wild and charismatic role. In the Lazarus Effect he was great. Same with Atlanta.

Looks like a poster for a fan movie.By the way its fake.

Actually..

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7mj4y9/the_leaked_solo_image_is_not_a_fake_jacket/

It's not fake. Disney didn't actually put the image together, it was a Russian Disney licensee that put the image together using official Disney assets, basically a promo image for toy packaging etc for the movie. Disney are still at the very least getting royalties from it.

Here's an official Disney licensed calendar:

sJzatnD.jpg

the_raven and AnonMC like this

Looking forward to see Solo movie, even that I am not that hyped, but I am starting to get interested to see it at least once and give it a chance. 

About the actor, I'd prefer the best combo to be from Jamie Costa (a smuggler's trade, fan story) as Han Solo & for Lando I'd love to see Billy Dee William's own son (Corey Dee).

Corey Dee would be a great choice for Lando, but I am not sure about Jamie Costa. His acting can be as bad as Kelly Marie Tran (and possibly as bad as Nicolas Cage).

dark_apprentice and AnonMC like this

Some say, it's not fake, but rather not official. The difference?

Well, the picture is made from official pictures, but the whole composition wasn't posted officially anywhere... So the characters in the picture are probably the real ones from the actual film.

Meanwhile, there've already been a few minor leaks about the film, including a few shots from the sets, names of the characters, a Lego minifigure, as well as a description for the upcoming trailer.

What's interesting: the film is to premiere in May 2018, not December. Which means almost 5 months to go!

What's interesting: the film is to premiere in May 2018, not December. Which means almost 5 months to go!

Which also means very rushed production, with very little time spent in pre-production. In other words, the movie is going to be crap.

g4uahr5tzh601.jpg

Ewww, this poster - real, or part real - has so much photoshop in it that I can't help but remember the terrible CGIs from the prequels (the ones that started with ep2, and later with all the re-issuing).

Also, is that black dude supposed to be Lando? If so, whoever's responsible for casting did a terrible job - the actors (yes, Han's actor also) look nothing like the originals!

I love that the Falcon looks brand new, before Han's modifications.

I'd say the Falcon looks different from the original - the nose is too long. On the other hand, it's nice to see it in its PT shape :D

I really don't wanna hate the movie already but I was really hoping they would cast this guy here for Han.

Wow, for a fan-movie, this is amazing!

Gamora fights Han because he cheated Dash Rendar (who looks like Kyle from JK1's live action cutscenes, for some reason) in pazaak? That's kinda funny.

But the guy playing Han? Now he's the next best thing after Harrison Ford!

It'll be funny if this fan-film ends up having a better story, better acting, and being more faithful to the original characters than the official, big-budget movie -- which, by lately evidence, is actually likely to happen. :P

Most likely, though you do have to admit, Rogue One was more-or-less true to the OT in regards to aesthetics (maybe except for some of the new Stormtroopers that were featured)

Which also means very rushed production, with very little time spent in pre-production. In other words, the movie is going to be crap.

I don't follow this movie's 'development', but is it true what Circa says about them starting it over from scratch? If so, you might be right. Then again, miracles have happened -_-

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Most likely, though you do have to admit, Rogue One was more-or-less true to the OT in regards to aesthetics (maybe except for some of the new Stormtroopers that were featured)

In regards to aesthetics? If you discount the tasteless digi-remakes, yes. Story-wise and character development-wise? Far from it.

Then again, miracles have happened -_-

Despite what Walt's optimism says, not with the current Disney management around.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

In regards to aesthetics? If you discount the tasteless digi-remakes, yes. Story-wise and character development-wise? Far from it.

Despite what Walt's optimism says, not with the current Disney management around.

Yes, the visuals - clothes, guns, ships, sets; and yes, the CG Tarkin was just terrible. Leia was more or less ok, guess it's because her face didn't move as much.

I wasn't talking just of Disney or Star Wars, I was talking about media in general. But yeah, in regard to Star Wars, experience shows that the farther we go, the less the chance of miracles.

LEGO have released some images of the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars story 5 sets so far. Looks like we'll get some new vehicles including Han's landspeer that Ron Howard was teasing us with. Also some new creatures and stormtroopers? And the original Millennium Falcon, when Lando was the owner

oH2v2GX.jpg

3IOWn4u.jpg

PyPHVGf.jpg

qSY8Hmq.jpg

5XnHwM0.jpg

BladedHero123 likes this

I'm going to trust in Ron Howard. Basically because he's the only thing that can be trusted from the project. I had my prejudice with Rogue One, after feeling like they cannibalized Jan's and Kyle's story, but in the end I think they pulled it off and I really enjoyed that movie. It felt like without the pressure of having to satisfy a cry-baby fan base, they actually managed to tell a nice story in a nice way.

Now with this movie, I expect to see a quick flash at Han's early life, then right into the part where he rescues Chewbacca while deserting the empire, then some skirmishes with Lando and how he won the Falcon, then how he fucked up a job for Jabba and at the end of the movie I would like to see them at the Mos Eisley cantina, desperate to find a job, where the meet Luke and Obi Wan. I'm afraid that if they do a random story with no tie ins with the movies, then it could feel like a random movie with star wars skins and names, but no more.

Noodle likes this

I'm going to trust in Ron Howard. Basically because he's the only thing that can be trusted from the project. I had my prejudice with Rogue One, after feeling like they cannibalized Jan's and Kyle's story, but in the end I think they pulled it off and I really enjoyed that movie. It felt like without the pressure of having to satisfy a cry-baby fan base, they actually managed to tell a nice story in a nice way.

Totally trust in Ron Howard, after all, he was among the directors George Lucas initially contacted to direct Episode I.

dark_apprentice likes this