Prop Hunt/Hide 'n' Seek

Hello, I was wondering if someone could get most of the suitable map_objects from Base JKA and make them playable in Multiplayer. Similar to what this mod does, but having it work in MP as well. Something else that would be good is a Prop Rotation Lock feature. Eventually, I'd like to make this into a Siege/MB2 style thing, (sort of) where there are (obviously) two teams: Props/Hiders and Hunters/Seekers.

Props/Hiders would have:

• A DEMP 2 (Low ammo)
  • A Blaster Pistol
  • 10 Laser Traps
  • Melee
  • Mind Trick 2
  • Jump 3
  • Protect 3
  • Speed 2
  • Heal 1
  • Sense/Sight 3
  • 100 Health
  • 20 Armour

Hunters/Seekers would have:

• A Lightsaber
  • A Disruptor (High Ammo)
  • Jump 1
  • 250 Health

If a Hunter/Seeker kills a Prop/Hider, the killed player will swap teams. If a Prop/Hider kills a Hunter/Seeker, they will respawn after 10 seconds. You know how it works.

I'm not sure if the Prop/Hider should be able to change to a different prop after they've been seen or not.

Please let me hear your ideas and comments about this idea. Feel free to comment your own ideas, or (preferably) help out with the modelling (and maybe even menus and other stuff). Thanks a million.

Smoo likes this

Yeah I made this: https://github.com/Milamber0/TarasciiMadness It's not quite prophunt, it's based on "Suicide Barrels" from garry's mod.

It's functional as a gamemode, just has an annoying bug where the server will keep poking people to download the client plugin, even if they have it. Should be an easy enough fix.

It already implements controlling 1 specific prop so you could take that from it at least and expand upon it.

Smoo and PreFXDesigns like this
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Imma bump this in a productive way: What does this error mean?

error1.png

EDIT: Ok, I just added the armature modifier, but I've still got this:

error2.png

Now on the right select object and select the skeleton.

The one in the modifier with orange box

Also you need to weight the model to the skeleton to make it work. In this case you need the weight whole mode to just one bone.

Droidy365 likes this

Imma bump this in a productive way: What does this error mean?

error1.png

EDIT: Ok, I just added the armature modifier, but I've still got this:

error2.png

Enter Edit Mode, select all vertexes of that mesh, go to Object Data, then Add a new vertex group to the active object, name the newly created Group after the bone you want to link the object to (since it's a prop, I'm assuming it doesn't have to be anything aside from moving around) and click Assign. Repeat for all meshes.

I haven't played this in Garry's mod (never even understood how people played it online). Is what you want to make similar to CTF, but with only one flag, and 'props' instead of flags?

No, it's more of a Hide 'n' Seek game, as the title and the original post would suggest.

Enter Edit Mode, select all vertexes of that mesh, go to Object Data, then Add a new vertex group to the active object, name the newly created Group after the bone you want to link the object to (since it's a prop, I'm assuming it doesn't have to be anything aside from moving around) and click Assign. Repeat for all meshes.

Ok, I did that, and I got this mess:

error3.png

No, it's more of a Hide 'n' Seek game, as the title and the original post would suggest.

Ok, I did that, and I got this mess:

error3.png

I think that's what happens when you try to export something in Edit Mode, if my memory serves me well: try going back to Object Mode before exporting.

Droidy365 likes this

you can not use playermodels that are not weighted to the _humanoid skeleton in Multiplayer, without a code change.

But that's what I've been attempting to do - That is actually the _humanoid skeleton, so I have no idea what's gone wrong.

If your goal is to only turn all the map objects into player objects you'll still have issues with things like the crosshair changing color and position when hovering over the player hiding as the prop. You'll need code changes, and solving this issue of having players as props is better done in code than with custom models.

Droidy365 likes this

If your goal is to only turn all the map objects into player objects you'll still have issues with things like the crosshair changing color and position when hovering over the player hiding as the prop. You'll need code changes, and solving this issue of having players as props is better done in code than with custom models.

Sadly, I don't know the first thing about coding - if there's any way I can do this without writing code, I'll probably do it. At the moment, I'm only planning on converting a few map objects. As for the crosshairs, I'd imagine I'd be able to make them invisible so that you can't turn them on at all.

Now, if there is someone that would be willing to write code for this or convert a few models, that would be great :)

I've found a solution for the props' animations - I just need to make them use a T-Pose and they look just fine. The real question - How do I do this without screwing up the Hunter's animations? Should it just be a saber?

I still need to get it to work in Multiplayer.

• 5 months later...