The Last Jedi ( maybe spoiler)

I didn't like it. There where some good parts. But I think I'll just stick to the OT and  old canon and ignore everything else from here on out. I probably will never watch a star wars film again. I will never forgive disney for the new trilogy. I am angry at there decision in this film. If you have seen it you know which one. Fuck Disney and Kathleen Kennedy.

dg1995 and Alvar007 like this

Saw it yesterday. If you liked The Force Awakens, you might like this one even more.

The movie was entertaining and funny, and had some parts that were good and some that I thought were really bad.

Unfortunately, a lot was predictable in the overarching plot.

The increased use of humor sometimes really paid off, but took the punch out of some of the more tense action scenes. They almost didn't let a single scene go through with full suspense/shock factor without a side dose of silliness. Some genuinely funny and fitting humor examples however was when Kylo catches the lightsaber while being choked and just taps the lightsaber button for a split second, or that scene with the suit being ironed by that machine.

Let's face it, the lightspeed destruction scene was a special moment. Full credits there.

Let's also face it, Leia is a spacecraft and that should become a meme soon.

On the more spoilery side of things:

The early death of Snoke. The scene was silly, his lines were ridiculous in my opinion and they managed to not make the character interesting at all, and that was a failure. But I do like the anti-climax of it. We've already had the emperor plot, and we don't need another Episode 6 where Snoke lives to the end and is put to an end by the final remains of good in Kylo. I like that instead of re-doing episode 6, Kylo rather takes Snoke's spot. Even though I didn't like any of the lines, how he suddenly spoke the power and new world order speech was just unconvincing for his character.

Luke pulling an Obi-Wan.. I can accept that.

The 'Gringotts escape' scene feels like a chore to ever re-watch, as it didn't really do much for the story.

Overall I think it's a well-worth watch but nothing I can't forget about in a day or two.

TheWhitePhoenix and Fuse294 like this

Saw it yesterday. If you liked The Force Awakens, you might like this one even more.

The movie was entertaining and funny, and had some parts that were good and some that I thought were really bad.

Unfortunately, a lot was predictable in the overarching plot.

The increased use of humor sometimes really paid off, but took the punch out of some of the more tense action scenes. They almost didn't let a single scene go through with full suspense/shock factor without a side dose of silliness. Some genuinely funny and fitting humor examples however was when Kylo catches the lightsaber while being choked and just taps the lightsaber button for a split second, or that scene with the suit being ironed by that machine.

Let's face it, the lightspeed destruction scene was a special moment. Full credits there.

Let's also face it, Leia is a spacecraft and that should become a meme soon.

Jesus, so it's true that it's a quipfest like the Marvel movies? I don't think I'll go see this one. 

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
Guest Redemption

I havn't seen the film but I know what happens. Here are my two cents. // I have seen the film now

These sequels aren't sequels. The sequel trilogy is a soft-reboot of the original trilogy with slight variations of the OT's plot. I could forgive them for a reboot but what I cannot stand is the fact that they have included these movies as follow on episodes!! Dont give me the "its cyclical"... Its the producers fault; the people involved with the business side of it.

It seems they/people still havn't learned their/this lesson from the prequel trilogy; trying to appeal to a wider audience by catering too much e.g kiddy stuff mixed with slaughtering kiddys. Net more of an audience if they continue-on the saga, instead of start anew... At least George Lucas told a new story.

Its just like the EA scandal... All about playing it safe and maximizing profit. What was it again.. "the shadow of greed that is".

Cmon... They dont care. Luke Skywalker doesn't even agree with what they did, Mark Hamil has already spoken of their motives online. Its sickening.

The fans have been thrown out as well with the EU.

**** them all

F**k some of 'em

My thoughts 
SPOILER :)

I love the movie,everbody have an opinion :)
The story was a bit long,but we got great action scenes in space and lightsaber fight too.

Finally we see that Leia was a Force user,i loved how he used the force fly,i dont mind it to be honest.

A lot of people hated that Luke used his new powers and he can appear in the last fight . I think that was bad ass,cause all we need to remember that Luke is a MASTER and a Legend now,and he is the most powerful force user and he learned a lot of new power.Finally we saw Luke with a lightsaber again :) .

The sad thing was that Luke died,but it was a beautiful moment with the sunset. I really liked the connection between Luke and Rey. It was funny and amazing at the same time. But i was not dissapointed at all.

Poe Damerron is the best pilot in the galaxy now (sry Han fans,im a huge Han fan too,but we need to admit,that poe was the Vin Diesel of Star Wars or idk :P He is a ****ing badass X-wing driver.). and Idk why but after the end of the movie,maybe there will be a relationship between Poe and Rey. Who knows.but the Finn and Rose relastionship was a bit lame,but we will see in the next movie.
We need to speak about the Porgs...they were cute and funny and hallelujah they just appear in the begining of the movie. :D
And one of my favorite part of the movie is the music. John Williams is still the greatest. When i saw TFA i was like: The music was good but there was too many Force theme music part in the movie,in TLJ we got more Force theme parts,but NOW it really fits for the scenes,and this was amazing!!! <3 

But of course there are some bad scenes in the movie. I was so sad,when i hear that Rey's parents was just regular people...and the death of snoke xd i was like: wow that was fast :P The funny thing was that he senced that kylo will open a lightsaber,but he thought that he will open his own not Rey's :P So that was a little bad scene...and what i really really missed is the flashback,how Kylo destroyed the temple,cause we just see what happened between Luke and Ben.

I need to say that DJ was that character who was needless character i think(like captain Phasma). He was funny. The story said the he was a hacker,but he just cut some cable in the movie :P....whatever. xd
But all in all TFA was a 7/10 for me,so TLJ is 8.5 for me,cause yeah we got some amazing scenes,but i missed something from the story,maybe moooore dark things,but i was not dissapointed at all guys :) 

The bad thing is that a lot of fans wants to compare the Sequel with the OT. We should not,Mark sad that this is not their story anymore. It is the story of Rey ,Poe,Finn and of course Ben.
But to be honest,I'm looking forward to see the last episode of this trilogy. JJ said it will be incorporate the whole saga (pls give us Duel of the Fates soundtrack again xd)
So this is my oppinion 
( don't judge me,thanks :) )

The good thing is that now i know what happened in ep8,sssooooo i can do the missions for the TFA mod :) 

Guest Redemption

@@GPChannel
What!!!???!!!!

"The bad thing is that a lot of fans wants to compare the Sequel with the OT. We should not,Mark sad that this is not their story anymore. It is the story of Rey ,Poe,Finn and of course Ben."

Opinion?... Your telling me that this massive company, that wanted to avoid the supposed failures/stigma of the prequel trilogy at all costs,  played it safe with imagery that's directly copy-pasted from the OT... Is just my opinion??? its a documented FACT.
They sat in a room and discussed how they were going to milk Star Wars for every penny, they gave people material that makes them go, "its Star Wars". It seems to me that they are only catering to idiots; their pulling an old jedi mindtrick! They have no balls to go with anything that they deem unsafe/risky, just the same story with lens flares.

My gripe is that they called it episode 7 and episode 8. "Its not like those films", people say... Well I suppose that's true, if you've got your head stuffed up your ring!!! C'mon.

Its almost like instudio plaguirism - they flung out EU stuff but come out with stuff like "Moriban" Someones taking a lot of credit for someones elses work and no, they are not keeping it alive by paying homage, their raping it.

Viewer descretion is advised:

I was going to avoid spoilers with my opinion but I think that has gone out the window now.

Leia had no force training by luke. How she did what she did was stupid. It made no sense whatsoever. 

The trilogy is about Luke, the prequels are about his father. The new trilogy is about a random person. They killed the legacy of the force.The prophesy to bring balance to the force with anakin being fulfilled with luke destroying the sith and turning vader to the light side is now moot.

Snoke was a pointless and shallow character. He had no meaning to the star wars universe and you do not find out a single thing as to who he was and why he wanted Skywalker dead, how he corrupted ben nothing he was just there to be a imitation palps. Knights of ren isnt a thing.They just forgot about it. You do not see luke do any training or the fall of the temple or anything. 

This film and the prior film actively undo the six films before it. Absolutely nothing that the original trilogy did matters any more. It's a slap in the face. It feels like it was made to personally insult the fans and all the years i loved star wars despite being bullied and shamed for it was for nothing. 

dg1995, Jeff and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Its almost like instudio plaguirism - they flung out EU stuff but come out with stuff like "Moriban" Someones taking a lot of credit for someones elses work and no, they are not keeping it alive by paying homage, their raping it.

You've got that backwards. Moraband was George Lucas' idea and it happened when he had control of Lucasfilms. He wanted a Sith graveyard, didn't like the name Korriban so he changed it. Not really something bad since Star Wars is his creation.

This film and the prior film actively undo the six films before it. Absolutely nothing that the original trilogy did matters any more. It's a slap in the face. 

I fundamentally agree with this, the new films are pure marxist deconstruction. The people in charge seem to hate the core idea of the OT, which was the monomyth, and they've done everything in their power to undermine the heroic deeds of Luke Skywalker. 

Guest Redemption

everyone has an oppinion buddy... :)

So, if a criminal is getting tried for a crime, they can just say to the judge's final verdict of guilty as... Its just your opinion???

The problem is then there is no accountability... Wake up!!

Guest Redemption

You've got that backwards. Moraband was George Lucas' idea and it happened when he had control of Lucasfilms. He wanted a Sith graveyard, didn't like the name Korriban so he changed it. Not really something bad since Star Wars is his creation.

He changed the name... WWHHYYY!!!!! Do we know he came up with Korriban though???

Not everything created in Star Wars was George Lucas' idea? Surely not.

He changed the name... WWHHYYY!!!!! Do we know he came up with Korriban though???

Not everything created in Star Wars was George Lucas' idea? Surely not.

I don't think he changed the name. I think it was more like they were on a writer's meeting and George said 'and then Yoda goes to a sith graveyard planet' to which Dave said 'George, there's a sith graveyard planet named Korriban in the EU', to which George replied 'Korriban is a gay ass name, let's name it Moraband'. And then someone stapled an editor's note to say that Moraband used to be named Korriban in Star Wars history (source http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/sacrifice-trivia-gallery). 

Not everything created in Star Wars was George Lucas' idea, but all the fundamental things come from his vision. 

Guest Redemption

The point im getting at with not all ideas being GL's, is a good thing. Those people who supported his alteration of that korriban change should be shot/fired.

DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER BELOW IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE, IT WILL SPOIL THE FILM A GREAT DEAL.

For me the moment that shocked me the most was the supposed 'Death' of Leia so early into the film, I didn't see that coming a mile off and half the cinema I was in gasped in shock.

There was a wave of approval when Yoda made an appearance, destroying the tree with the books in and a good laugh when he started hitting Luke with his stick.

I thought Snokes death was brilliant, if bittersweet and short lived, to see him sliced in half so easily because of his overconfidence made me question why they gave him such a mysterious background, only to kill him off without giving us any answers to his origins.

It was nice to find out what happened to Lukes ship, now located under the sea as it made me think of Dagobah briefly.

The final scene with Luke becoming one with the force, for me, was understandable. He'd clearly put all he had into projecting himself, he did as Obi-Wan did before him and gave his life so the others could escape.

The Phasma death scene annoyed me, I felt robbed of a good character to see her eye exposed only to drop into an inferno screaming angrily felt like it had robbed Finn of closure.

Finn trying to sacrifice himself, I had a mini heart attack when Rose saved him, as the 'Mini Death Star tech' cannon was about to fire.

The destruction of the Mega Star Destroyer was well done, it drew upon the dangers mentioned in the EU of why jumping to hyperspace is so dangerous, but again it killed another character before he really had a chance to connect to her.

Leia using the Force... For me this was the biggest WTF moment of the entire movie, she'd been exposed to the vacuum long enough to kill a normal person yet, survives.. They couldn't have shown off her abilities some other way that didn't involve her being on the bridge when it's blown up? I was upset to hear Ackbar confirmed dead.

The language! My lord there were some curse words thrown in that movie, Star Wars was never one to contain curses so to hear Finn yell 'Bastard' surprised me.

The destruction of the Skywalker Lightsaber - Didn't see that coming, what happens now? They literally managed to rip it in half.

The whole 'Fire everything' when Luke appears on Crait (albeit via projection) was another amusing point, people laughed when the smoke cleared and he was just stood there with a smug look on his face because he was unharmed, something that infuriated Kylo.

"The Message" or as Luke called it "Cheap Shot", a reminder of why Luke has joined the fight to begin with, to save Leia. 'Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my old hope.'

Luke just flings the lightsaber off the cliff the moment Rey hands it to him. Another great moment that wasn't expected.

Lastly, Reys origins... all that mysticism about her and she really did come from nothing, sold by her parents out of selfishness for their own gain. Thanks for the build up to a big nothing.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

Luke dying is not understandable. Luke is star wars and to kill him off and be ok with that is so very wrong. If I had known I would of not seen this film. I will never allow anyone to bullshit to me or anyone else that Luke is somehow unimportant enough to be killed off and let that slide, absolutely fuck no. "Luke dying is understandable" - fucking blasphemy.  I know I am biased but what the shit? I am dismayed at the lack of outrage at this. This is fucking Star Wars and  FUCKING LUKE SKYWALKER IS DEAD.

syainkn and TheWhitePhoenix like this