Simple scripting help?

Warlock

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to make a basic script.  We've recently made the change to Zyk OpenJK Mod for our RP server. We're really liking it. However, all the skills and emotes and such are built as numbered lists that are difficult to remember.

What I would like to do is create a simple script that generates variables that can replace the numbers. For example, say I want to do /emote 10. Instead of typing /emote 10, I want to type /die.  Instead of /up 1 to increase my Force Jump skill, I want to type /up jump. Is there any way to generate a simple serverside script or even a client script that can do this since all the content is already there and I just want to replace the values?

Well yeah, I get that. And it would be great if he wanted to spend the time doing that. I just thought maybe there was a way to make a script that replaces them, similar to how you can bind keys I was thinking maybe you could "bind" a custom command.  lol  I know it was overly hopeful.  Thanks anyway.

Well yeah, I get that. And it would be great if he wanted to spend the time doing that. I just thought maybe there was a way to make a script that replaces them, similar to how you can bind keys I was thinking maybe you could "bind" a custom command.  lol  I know it was overly hopeful.  Thanks anyway.

Well you could definitely set up a bind or a vstr to run them, but it wouldn't be as convenient as just a simple command. Check out the tutorial below:

[sharedmedia=tutorials:tutorials:7]
Smoo likes this