YT-2000 modelling help

Go to solution Solved by dark_apprentice,

That...is weird. I can crash the one I have into anything....

Maybe you have an asset in a separate file that we don't? Maybe you can upload your copy to a separate dropbox/mega/alternative to see if something got corrupted in the publicly shared one?

• 2 months later...

The one in the video is way too high and the other ones are like PSX quality.

Blender 2.68 have a decimate function poly that preserve uvmapping and texture displacing, i tested in on some models of alien creature of my science fictiion project did with spore game and exported on collada with spore collada export. after a lot of decimating, i decrease verts and poly of my alien plant begin compatible for JKA, also, for avoid other trobuels, after that is sufficient to split models into parts that haven't more of 500 vertexes each one. :3

@@TheWhitePhoenix flying in a cinematic and flying as a vehicle are to totally different things. In the cinematic a generic model is scripted to move along a pre determined path, a vehicle is controlled by the player. You can also notice that it's just a static model by the way it moves and the fact that it doesn't have an exhaust effect.

Can't believe there is a 4 page thread on this. Needs a proper hierarchy and the model needs to be weighed to at least 1 bone and compiled to GLM/GLA to work properly.

this is one of mainly motivation i am doing a code about NPC fighters for Single Player. i was tired of "false fighter" moved with path and scripts on cinematics or ROFF files (t3_byss fake tie_fighters attacks). dogfight is near to be end, but i need now to works about the collision against brushes and skybox (i wanna that fighter autodectet brush distance and avoit to bee to near )and impact and crush dmg of fighters, they are too dulls and explode on ever stupid hit against surfaces or another fighters.

• 2 years later...
On 1/23/2018 at 9:03 PM, Daedra said:

Amazing work there.

I have tried so hard to find a .3ds model of the YT-1300 from X-Wing Alliance, but I can not find it. I know it would make a good replacement for the YT-1300 currently in JKA.

My apologies man, I'm so rude because

I never thanked you for making YT-2000

Thanks to you one of my dreams came true

We managed to make Fall of Lotus movie 2 years ago

And I thank you very much but I'm also sorry for not thanking you in the first place

I should have done that 2 years ago when my movie was released

Thank you so much, You're wonderful

TheWhitePhoenix likes this