YT-2000 modelling help

Go to solution Solved by dark_apprentice,

With amazing and special thanks to @@The Punisher for taking this model into final steps and finishing the flipped textures of this strange model. Assets by SW: X-Wing Alliance game and credits to @ for sharing the model.

@@DarthValeria hope that this suits your needs in order to use and fly with in game: NPC Spawn Vehicle YT_2000

Download YT_2000 Jedi Academy

NmRPhop.jpg

SeuaaBo.jpg

With amazing and special thanks to @@The Punisher for taking this model into final steps and finishing the flipped textures of this strange model. Assets by SW: X-Wing Alliance game and credits to @ for sharing the model.

@@DarthValeria hope that this suits your needs in order to use and fly with in game: NPC Spawn Vehicle YT_2000

NmRPhop.jpg

SeuaaBo.jpg

Amazing work there.

I have tried so hard to find a .3ds model of the YT-1300 from X-Wing Alliance, but I can not find it. I know it would make a good replacement for the YT-1300 currently in JKA.

DarthValeria likes this

Amazing work there.

I have tried so hard to find a .3ds model of the YT-1300 from X-Wing Alliance, but I can not find it. I know it would make a good replacement for the YT-1300 currently in JKA.

Well, Dark did bring make one from another game. And it's quite the beauty to behold. But it never hurts to have variety depending on one's taste.

• Solution

Amazing work there.

Way ahead of you, updated models released here (it's from a free 3D site, not a game!) I made 3 versions "Solo" based on the anthology with Kessel Run style, "OT" from original trilogy and TFA that will suit your needs for TFA/TLJ play.

https://jkhub.org/topic/6236-the-path-of-the-apprentice/page-40

sTn9fhQg.jpg

Emloql5.jpg

GgGhNsR.jpg

Edited by dark_apprentice
Daedra and TheWhitePhoenix like this

NmRPhop.jpg

SeuaaBo.jpg

You magnificent bastards, nice job.  :winkthumb:

• 1 month later...

NmRPhop.jpg

SeuaaBo.jpg

Dude first of all i'm sorry for seeing it so lately

And I am very glad that you did this vehicle for me

Thanks to you i am able to resume my project

Thank you so much and very impressive

dark_apprentice likes this
  • 2 months later...

How did I miss this?! I had to do a whole machinima special with visual effects to make it look like it was in game, haha!

EDIT: Awwww, it dropped the game, it said it had an invalid GLA...

Yeah I get the same thing.

Err, Punisher? It's stuck to the surface of the map. That's what happens when you try spawning in vehicles on certain sloped surfaces like hills. Try smooth surfaces.

Yeah, tried Imperial Fighter Bay map and was able to fly it...but every time I hit something the game crashes.....

@@TheWhitePhoenix flying in a cinematic and flying as a vehicle are to totally different things. In the cinematic a generic model is scripted to move along a pre determined path, a vehicle is controlled by the player. You can also notice that it's just a static model by the way it moves and the fact that it doesn't have an exhaust effect.

Can't believe there is a 4 page thread on this. Needs a proper hierarchy and the model needs to be weighed to at least 1 bone and compiled to GLM/GLA to work properly.

Asgarath83 likes this

@@TheWhitePhoenix flying in a cinematic and flying as a vehicle are to totally different things. In the cinematic a generic model is scripted to move along a pre determined path, a vehicle is controlled by the player. You can also notice that it's just a static model by the way it moves and the fact that it doesn't have an exhaust effect.

Can't believe there is a 4 page thread on this. Needs a proper hierarchy and the model needs to be weighed to at least 1 bone and compiled to GLM/GLA to work properly.

Except that wasn't a cinematic. That was actually filmed in game. So what you saw was actual in game flight footage. :/ The way I film these machinimas is that I go onto maps with NO scripts and essentially do what I want depending on the scene (and how big the map is when vehicles are concerned). It's essentially machinima. Also, SP doesn't have the vehicles give off exhaust effects AT ALL. But in MP, they do. That's one thing that essentially is a glaring difference between SP and MP.