YT-2000 modelling help

Go to solution Solved by dark_apprentice,

Thanks for that. Sadly it comes without any damned textures :( and someone will have to unrwap it and play around with that. Wonder if we might release a beta version with this one from page 01:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ub7916bc1-5347-4100-bd48-21ec935d3bba/Otana-YT-2000

Well other than that, the only place to get this would be from the game X-Wing Alliance. a YT-2000 model is there and textured.

Here's a page http://www.xwaupgrade.com/

If you go to "downloads" there's a ton of downloads for vehicles, though when downloading the YT-2000 I get an exe file. When running the exe, it attempts to add YT-2000 into my non-existent X-Wing Alliance game and fails. There's a good chance you can extract it from that game.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Well other than that, the only place to get this would be from the game X-Wing Alliance. a YT-2000 model is there and textured.

Here's a page http://www.xwaupgrade.com/

If you go to "downloads" there's a ton of downloads for vehicles, though when downloading the YT-2000 I get an exe file. When running the exe, it attempts to add YT-2000 into my non-existent X-Wing Alliance game and fails. There's a good chance you can extract it from that game.

The X-Wing Alliance game never disappoints. :)

Daedra likes this

Shit, why not do the same for the YT-2400 and YT-1300 too? Just throwing a suggestion out there. :) I know, I didn't forget the one Jeff did. But it never hurts to have a variety if one so chooses. ^_^

YT-2400 with textures .3ds:

Outrider_sec.gif

http://www.mtdindustries.com/xwa/3DS/OutriderExterior_3DS.zip

YT-1760 with textures .3ds:

YT-1760_Filmato.gif

http://www.mtdindustries.com/xwa/3DS/YT1760_3DS.ZIP

Sadly no YT-1300 yet. Only exists as a .exe download.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Are those from X-Wing Alliance game :o I think a lot of fun and new ships will happen very soon, brace yourself JKA!

p.s. the PSX version is over 300K verts impossible to get in JKA.

Yep all of them. Here's a good link for you:

http://www.mtdindustries.com/xwa/

You'll find white links to vehicles on the right side. when you click on one, the .3ds download link will appear on the left along with an image of that vehicle. Also use the yellow arrows on the right to go through the lists of vehicles.

Yep all of them. Here's a good link for you:

http://www.mtdindustries.com/xwa/

You'll find white links to vehicles on the right side. when you click on one, the .3ds download link will appear on the left along with an image of that vehicle. Also use the yellow arrows on the right to go through the lists of vehicles.

Ok that was another pain in the ass. The model itself (YT-2000) directly from here is 11,102 verts and without textures applied, I tried myself and can't figure which part is where.

Good news is thanks to Acewell from Facepunch forums in one of the very first topics there, he provided the very same ship from X-Wing Alliance, with applied textures and somehow reduced to 5027 verts *huray* now that will save a lot of time for me and I am getting to work on it (finally).

Daedra and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Well well, the model is done. Whoever is willing to spend hours figuring out which textures is where inside of Blender, so that the "model_default.skin" file is complete, I am going to share with him/her the model and all other assets in there. I had enough with all those 39 parts in total, so if anyone interested hit me up here or at PM, so we can finish up the skin file, pack into .pk3 file and test it in the game.

Never mind, managed to figure it out. Still have to see if possible to change the textures, as they are below the minimum size allowed for JKA to run.

Edited by dark_apprentice

Well well, the model is done. Whoever is willing to spend hours figuring out which textures is where inside of Blender, so that the "model_default.skin" file is complete, I am going to share with him/her the model and all other assets in there. I had enough with all those 39 parts in total, so if anyone interested hit me up here or at PM, so we can finish up the skin file, pack into .pk3 file and test it in the game.

Never mind, managed to figure it out. Still have to see if possible to change the textures, as they are below the minimum size allowed for JKA to run.

Can't you just resize the textures?

Yes, but they still don't work because some amounts are like (16 x 64 pixels) or others are too high, so it's out of my scope. Here if anyone can take it from this stage thumbs up:

Jedi Academy: YT-2000 Vehicle (it is ported), original model&textures + credits to (Star Wars X-Wing Alliance modelers, Kylo Ren).

Model have:
+ Original BMP textures in original size.
+ Model_Default.SKIN file > finished.
+ model that works at least in ModView for now, but will be all white (missing textures).

What needs to be done:

+ Either make new textures or somehow resize them correctly so that ModView & JKA game can recognize/use those textures.
+ Pack everything up (when finished with textures), make a NPC + VEH files&folders, play with it :)

That's not good in Modview. We have to figure out which textures aren't right, and which textures have worked fine. Creating the .veh and npc file is a must, then I can spawn it in-game and take a look at how the game has mapped the textures, then I can go about trying to fix them. Unless there's a version of modview that adds the textures.

@@dark_apprentice

So I've looked it all over. It actually seems like there isn't too much to fix as I first thought.

1z5aLD6.jpg

TEX00000 appears to be being pasted on the model incorrectly both on top and underneath the model and TEX00004 doesn't appear to exist at all on this model. Not all textures seem to be accounted for/mapped in the skin file.

Also the jpgs work just fine, stick with that.

dark_apprentice and Smoo like this

So if anyone else here might help to fix those textures, that would be great. I have personally tried to export them from the originals (.bmp) to (.jpg) format using Photoshop but it didn't work, so I have re-sized them in normal size that JKA engine would accept for the game, saved them as .TGA files (that were still missing out from the model in ModView). Than I have exported them again via Noesis 3D to .JPG formats (without) to flip the UV and the result is as shown above from the screenshot.

When I tried to flip the UV's from Noesis I get the same result and no changes. Anyone having idea how to fix those textures?

So if anyone else here might help to fix those textures, that would be great. I have personally tried to export them from the originals (.bmp) to (.jpg) format using Photoshop but it didn't work, so I have re-sized them in normal size that JKA engine would accept for the game, saved them as .TGA files (that were still missing out from the model in ModView). Than I have exported them again via Noesis 3D to .JPG formats (without) to flip the UV and the result is as shown above from the screenshot.

When I tried to flip the UV's from Noesis I get the same result and no changes. Anyone having idea how to fix those textures?

I just told you. There are a LOT of textures, and not all of them are mapped in the skin file. You have to edit the skin file so each individual texture covers something. Do not leave any texture out.

I just told you. There are a LOT of textures, and not all of them are mapped in the skin file. You have to edit the skin file so each individual texture covers something. Do not leave any texture out.

The model have 39 parts to be exact, every single one of them is assigned to texture, which I only copy/pasted as names from the menu of the objects inside of Blender to the skin file. I think it's something else as all textures were used accordingly.

Will update in few minutes the pre-export (before I made the ship as "model.GLM") Blender file, with the original textures applied as it comes from Acewell (FacepunchForums) because they were okay. Only problem is whoever opens the Blender file it will shop the Falcon (I used it as reference/base) and the YT-2000 model all in Pink with missing textures, not sure how to prevent this...

not sure if there is an easier way but so far, this is what I found: You will need to split each section of the ship and point it to it's individual texture file.

932mM66.png

ecT9nwF.png

Reference:

E4eZC3g.png

Yep exactly this. That roof texture is TEX00004. It is non-existent in the skin file.

@@The Punisher @ Here, this is the original ship before it was exported as .glm file. On one layer you have the FalconVM  (all in white as i have turned off the textures or any other color maybe) >>> and on the second layer you will have the YT-2000 ship (all in pink or black). Original textures as came from the file, not edited, not resized or re-exported in original BPM format.

Btw. checked the original model, does not have anywhere this "tex0004" texture, that is why it's not added inside the "model_default.skin" file.

9cAIZjx.jpg

fl4yIaT.jpg

YT-200.Bender file

Edited by dark_apprentice
DarthValeria likes this

@@The Punisher @ Here, this is the original ship before it was exported as .glm file. On one layer you have the FalconVM  (all in white as i have turned off the textures or any other color maybe) >>> and on the second layer you will have the YT-2000 ship (all in pink or black). Original textures as came from the file, not edited, not resized or re-exported in original BPM format.

Btw. checked the original model, does not have anywhere this "tex0004" texture, that is why it's not added inside the "model_default.skin" file.

9cAIZjx.jpg

fl4yIaT.jpg

YT-200.Bender file

TEX00004 was the roof texture (one of the jpgs). Not sure what's going on with it.

DarthValeria likes this