Kazokas' comics and concept artworks

Stormtroopers mod:  Hi I wanted to create a mod for the Jedi Academy. Tried to create the map with Radiant and also tried to skin, but my learning was too slow (because of real life: studies, family, and work). So I couldn’t finish anything worthily.

My Stormtrooper mod idea is simple. I wanted to create a single player mission(s) where you play as Stormtrooper against the terrorist: Rebel Alliance (fight against Rebel heroes (Luke, Kyle, Admiral Ackbar and Lea) and troopers (Wookies, Bothans, Calamarians (fish-face) and Sullustiens).

First mission could be an Endora after destruction of Death Star, where try escape from man-eaters the Ewoks and also have nice revengeJ

Also have an idea that one or more mission could be on Star Destroyer, where you must to capture or defend your starship. The file of the star destroyer, I used from https://jkhub.org/files/file/290-siege-destroyer-map-file/ source file (.map).

My idea of star destroyer was that to connect hangar and bridge via train or lifts, but I couldn’t accomplish that.

Victory_cross_section.jpg

Of course, I understand that it is impossible to create whole star destroyer, but for the different mission could create the different section of the ship.

All in all, I hope someone will help to create this mod at first just simple mission and later may be more. So I am open for discussion and suggestions and also real help.

DarthValeria, Smoo and the_raven like this

I always felt that modification with the stormtrooper would go like this

- hard as hell
- not a feel of the one man army rather one of many troopers that can die even 2-3 hits or even 1 hit
-The feeling that we are one of those troopers like in the movies : Charging in the group not a lonely wolf. 

The gameplay would be slow not fast . Rather paying attention how we move and how enemies are placed behind the defensive positions. 

I rly like the idea of the project with these guys!

McGroose, Kazokas and the_raven like this

Hello there, 

Thanks guys for support.

just wondering how to start my modding?

1) find and create a group of guys who have more experience?

2) try to do everything myself, which is mission almost impossible. so installed radiant but which version u recommend? newest or oldest?

P.S. if u have new ideas, want to help or recommend something feel free to join.

Hello there,

Thanks guys for support.

just wondering how to start my modding?

1) find and create a group of guys who have more experience?

2) try to do everything myself, which is mission almost impossible. so installed radiant but which version u recommend? newest or oldest?

P.S. if u have new ideas, want to help or recommend something feel free to join.

Do it yourself. Follow some of the mapping tutorials to get the basics down. Then, start building 1 room at a time. Could be a storage area, could be a hallway, its still a room.

Your project has too start somewhere.

Lazarus likes this

@@IrocJeff is right. And mods take time to get stuff right. Trial and error, and learn process. Only way you learn it. Do it yourself very rewarding experience. I can help you with stuff, like I told you. Begin with richdiesals for mapping. I am often on jkhub discord if you need help

Agree with Lazarus on richs tutorials. Personally, go through all 101, 201. In 202 do doors and switches.

That should cover the basics and what you will be building most of the time. Just reference anything else in tutorials or post a question or try and search yhe modding forum. Sometimes its clunky and doesnt search.

hey, guys get permission to use endor.maps https://jkhub.org/files/file/1768-endor-map-legacy-jk-assets/ 

Kazokas
Sent 09 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

hi can I use your maps in my mod?
Edit

RAILBACK
Sent 11 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

Yes you can.

and also

Sent 03 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

hi 
Can I use your skins on my mod?
It is stormtrooper mod, so I need rebel enemies

Sent 04 June 2015 - 05:31 AM

Sure   :winkthumb:

I don't have  A SIG  :angry:

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 1 year later...

Alternatively, you can start a topic either here, on moddb, or some other site, and just wait for interested people to join. A word of warning though, if you go along this route: make sure you can do at least something, because i know from personal experience that when you only have an idea, but can't do any actual modding, people will not want to work with you, thinking you're lazy or whatnot.

So yeah, your best - definitely best - option is to start by yourself, actually learn to do things, and then show it to people and invite them to join the modding team. It will take time, and it won't be easy, but it will be worth it in the long run.

As to the idea, i was actually thinking of something similar myself (though just as a fantasy, because my modding skills are inadequate for something as big as this, and i can't be arsed to learn right now). The way i see it, it's gonna feel like Dark Forces/ JO before you get a lightsaber. In fact, the Rax level in JA is one of my favorites.

Now, the guys are right, since you'll most likely play a file-and-folder stormtrooper, you'll need to work in a group, whereas playing alone would increase difficulty. I think there'd need to be some kind of script or something to expand follower AI or give them some way to get healed without Force Heal.

Also, love the idea of escaping Ewoks on Endor! Funny and reasonable. :D

Kazokas likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Lancelot changed the title to Kazokas' comics and concept artworks