The weapons using Metallic bolts

In JKA, there are weapons which use metallic bolts called metal bullet in real world.

They are Imperial Heavy Repeater, Flechettle launcher.  (Concussion Rifle also uses it but... it's more similar to blaster...)

So I have questions about that.

In real world, many people including army use weapons which use metal bullets such as AK-47 and M16A1.

1. Are AK-47 and M16A1 equal to Imperial Heavy Repeater and Flechettle launcher?

2. Are metal weapon in real world equal to Imperial Heavy Repeater and Flechettle launcher in JKA? I think it's true because they uses metal bullet(Metallic bolts).

3. The Jedi and dark jedi deflect and reflect these by a lightsaber even their projectile is metal.  Why?  They have to be melted because of plasma heat. I don't understand the principle.

What do you think?

I don't think metallic bolts are the same as real world bullets. Like you said, they can be deflected by a saber, but they also travel far too slow and are glowing as if the bolts were melted when put in the gun or something. This is why the projectiles appear to be burning when they are fired.

In JKA, there are weapons which use metallic bolts called metal bullet in real world.

They are Imperial Heavy Repeater, Flechettle launcher.  (Concussion Rifle also uses it but... it's more similar to blaster...)

So I have questions about that.

In real world, many people including army use weapons which use metal bullets such as AK-47 and M16A1.

1. Are AK-47 and M16A1 equal to Imperial Heavy Repeater and Flechettle launcher?

2. Are metal weapon in real world equal to Imperial Heavy Repeater and Flechettle launcher in JKA? I think it's true because they uses metal bullet(Metallic bolts).

3. The Jedi and dark jedi deflect and reflect these by a lightsaber even their projectile is metal.  Why?  They have to be melted because of plasma heat. I don't understand the principle.

What do you think?

In the Star Wars universe an ak-47 or M16 or whatever would be considered a "slugthrower". Basically, its a bullet. A blaster bolt, like the E-11 or similar uses tibanna gas and power cells or whatever and somehow makes a shaped bullet, or blaster bolt, that is different from a bullet but is not a "laser". A "laser" would be the Disruptor rifle. 

Now, a flechette you have to think as a shotgun that fires darts.Real world shotguns can fire them as well.  The Imperial Repeater acts a slugthrower since it throws metallic bolts but those bolts are ionized, so go figure what the heck that means.

In the Star Wars universe an ak-47 or M16 or whatever would be considered a "slugthrower". Basically, its a bullet. A blaster bolt, like the E-11 or similar uses tibanna gas and power cells or whatever and somehow makes a shaped bullet, or blaster bolt, that is different from a bullet but is not a "laser". A "laser" would be the Disruptor rifle. 

Now, a flechette you have to think as a shotgun that fires darts.Real world shotguns can fire them as well.  The Imperial Repeater acts a slugthrower since it throws metallic bolts but those bolts are ionized, so go figure what the heck that means.

Now I understand the principle of that. But there are other questions to seek out.

1. And then, Are Imperial Heavy Repeater and Flechettle launcher really 'SlugThrower'??  → I'm curious that it is really slugthrower. I want correct definition.

2. I learned Cycler Rifle is really Slugthrower, but in JKA, Jaden and other jedi deflect and reflect the slug(bullet) that a tusken raider shot. Is its bullet slug and the same as repeater? Is the bullet of cycler rifle ionized, too?

2. I learned Cycler Rifle is really Slugthrower, but in JKA, Jaden and other jedi deflect and reflect the slug(bullet) that a tusken raider shot. Is its bullet slug and the same as repeater? Is the bullet of cycler rifle ionized, too?

We might infer that is just a gameplay related thing and was done because it'd been too time consuming to create a new mechanic just for a one-mission weapon. 

We know that bullets are used in the Star Wars universe new canon because of The Clone Wars and comics like Anakin & Obi-wan

8gbFkgf.jpg

Smoo likes this

Now I understand the principle of that. But there are other questions to seek out.

1. And then, Are Imperial Heavy Repeater and Flechettle launcher really 'SlugThrower'??  → I'm curious that it is really slugthrower. I want correct definition.

Well, with a shotgun it can fire varied ammo. Shot, which is a load of pellets that scatters and a single projectile, which is  housed in the shell instead of shot. THAT, is generally considered a slug, because it resembles a bullet. 

Give this a read and then see what conclusions you come up with. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slugthrower/Legends

This basically says if its a chemical reaction that propels the projectile, its a slug. You have to take all this with a grain of salt since its not required to be an expert on a subject to create a story, book, movie, video game, ect... 

Personally, I don't think the repeater is and I have no clue with a cycler is so I'll pass on that one.

We might infer that is just a gameplay related thing and was done because it'd been too time consuming to create a new mechanic just for a one-mission weapon. 

Just making disable the ammo with a saber was not easy for coding wizards.  But I'm not able to do that.

I want to know how to disable deflecting a metal bullet with a saber including Repeater and Cycler Rifle in JKA single player.

It seems that high level coding is needed.  Flechettle launcher's ammo doesn't be deflected so that its function can be applied to Repeater to do that.

If anyone can do it, please show me the way.

• 5 years later...
On 12/3/2017 at 7:19 AM, IrocJeff said:

I don't think that metallic bolts which Imperial Repeater fires are ionized. Because Tusken's cycler rifle in JKA also fires an energy bolt that can be deflected by a lightsaber.  As you know, Tusken's cycler rifle is a 'slugthrower' and it fires definitely a slug, not an energy bolt. Maybe creators of JKA made most of weapons' projectiles as a blaster bolt, except few weapons such as Flechettle, disruptor rifle, rocket launcher, detonator...  That's why Jaden can deflect a slug of cycler rifle on Tatooine mission.

From this point of view, it can also be explained that Imperial Heavy Repeater is SlugThrower.   And then, the model of that gun is SlugThrower, too.

I think visualization of projectiles repeater and cycler rifle fire and slugs capable of being deflected by a lightsaber are just game permission.  And I like it now.

Because Jedi can also deflect and reflect slugs in JKA !!  This is really advantageous !

In JKA, Jedi cannot be defeated by a slugthrower, too.  Many people say slugthrower is very effective in defeating Jedi or Sith, but not in this game.