Staff saber throw for MB2 and JKA

jqYBPR.gif

@Animating and coding folks, @@MovieBattles II Team, @Anyone it may concern!

I am making yet another request on mechanic which I believe to be crucial in keeping the playerbase strong and active. New mechanics are something we haven't had in a while (I haven't had in what I am playing so pardon me, if I am wrong here.) Going on...

Balancing and the mechanics:

▪ Staff would move horizontally, not vertically like the usual Movie Battles saber throw,

▪ Would continue draining the force unless it is called back or user runs out of the force,

▪ Range is limited by how much force points you have,

▪ It would always fly at certain minimal height /or higher so people can counter it by crouching and then firing a volley at you,

▪ I am unsure if the flight speed should be slow enough to allow dash users to get saved at point blank range.

I am not certain if it is actual engine limitation, probably not - just some missing code? What I learned from some in game conversations is that the staff throw was never considered because it wasn't in the base game so Movie Battles Team never bothered with that. Any opinions, ideas it seems like not that much work compared to my other idea here: https://jkhub.org/topic/9547-shield-animation-for-jk-and-mb2/?view=findpost&p=136740

There is a lot of value in adding a saber throw for staff it would be a brand new way to play it would be as great as introduction of entire new class. New way to play equals more content we definitely want more quality, ability based mechanics.

Help me push it to happen, please.

Penekowski likes this

I don't understand what the point of this thread is, if I'm being honest. The MB2 devs don't read these forums and it's a closed source mod, so there's not so much we can do.

That being said...there's no engine restriction. All of the code for this is handled in w_saber.c.

k4far likes this

I don't understand what the point of this thread is, if I'm being honest. The MB2 devs don't read these forums and it's a closed source mod, so there's not so much we can do.

That being said...there's no engine restriction. All of the code for this is handled in w_saber.c.

I have restricted access to the Official. Besides,

I think Movie Battles Developers are actually frequent visitors of this board (some of them at least.) What if after seeing this somebody comes from his 'retirement' to bring this amazing idea to life or correct what's been said. Anything is highly appreciated.

Penekowski likes this