Force Lightning Sound FX for Jedi Outcast

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

I have created a pretty cool mod for JK2 that uses the cinematic force lightning sounds from the movies. It's almost perfect. The only snag is when holding the lightning, there is a default sound looping after the initial lightning.mp3 I used. 

I think there is something I'm missing. 

When I made this mod it basically had mp3s named as follows:

lightning.mp3, lightninghit1.mp3, lightninghit2.mp3 and lightninghit3.mp3. 

is there another mp3 name and file i should be using for the sound that follows lightning.mp3?

Guest Redemption

I currently don't have JK2 installed at the moment, but in JK3, there's a *.wav file called "lightning2.wav" which seems to be the loop file. I'd imagine it would be something like that in JK2, I don't see why they would change that sort of thing.

Not got Outcast installed?!?........ Shame on you, shaaaaaaaaaammmeee.

@@AP-421 Sounds like your happy with your mod, care to showcase it a bit pweeeeze?

Hmm I added a sound for the loop and named it as lightning2.wav but all it did was just mute the looping sound in game.

It could be broken, it needs to be a mono track and it needs to be 4100 Htz, I think.

Not got Outcast installed?!?........ Shame on you, shaaaaaaaaaammmeee.

Lol, it's mostly because this is a fairly new PC, and I mostly mod JK3. Still, I'd love to get around to doing it some time :D

• Solution

Hmm I added a sound for the loop and named it as lightning2.wav but all it did was just mute the looping sound in game.

Make sure its actually a wav file and not just a renamed mp3 file. If it muted it that just means it's not actually working.