The Incredible Binnysan/HACKUR has passed away.

Binny was a good guy because we always both wanted the same thing.

Binny was always very persistent when it came to fucking with clans that were not base and had corrupt admins.  That was about the only thing that him and I did not share in common, as it was easier for me to just let bygones be bygones and let shit go.  Not Binny.  Binny was very good at that, and I always admired him for that.

Binny was one of those few online friends that I had that I knew for a fact if I had known him in real life, we would've been able to hit it off quite nicely and get along really well.

In a lot of ways Binny was kind of my guardian angel.  If I had been having issues with an admin on a plus server and Binny had joined, instantly the admin would be more focused on Binny......and of course, most of the time, Binny would always find ways to outsmart the admin.  Binny knew his shit and he was dedicated to it like no one else I've ever seen.  He also took much pride in his work.  Binny was able to point out many exploits to me in earlier builds of OpenJK. 

I'm always saddened when I see a fellow JKAer pass.  No matter what entanglements I have with any of my JKA family, I still think of every single one of them as family.

Yes, even you @@Jawfin.  Although we do not agree on a lot of things and the fact that you have banned any/every person with a -[DE]- tag (lol), I still think of you as family in a strange, convoluted, sort of way.   

Despite the fact that we have all interacted with each other through a keyboard, we have to remember that on the other side is another human.  Just like yourself, your brothers, your sisters, your fathers, and your mothers.

Behind the keyboard, you never know what kind of challenges the other person is facing in their life.  It's only until you see posts like this that it hits you right in the face of how human we all truly are.

I don't remember the last interaction I had with Binny, but now I wish that I had.  

May the force be with you, Binny.

Jawfin, Smoo, Hy Prð Glð and 1 other like this

I did get along well with Binny regardless of what may have appeared on the surface.  I always appreciated the game within a game.  There's duelling, that's one level, then there's messing with the admins and clan rules, that's the next level, then there's messing with the server and the owners, that's the top level.  So I could fairly say I duelled with Binny on all levels, got fun from each as he did, and admired each other's Kung Fu.  In fact, it's fair to state that we all do get along well enough in the twilight of this game - my only standing issue is with those who make personal threats against people, their families, businesses, finances, websites and things on that level - that is beyond the game and instigated by psychopathic haters.  That was never Binny, he was always honest with his approach to all levels of the game!

Link, Smoo and Circa like this

Yeah Binnysans skills could not be understated. He had over 8000 hours logged in game on XFire before it shut down. He was probably the only person I could duel all day and still not beat by the end of the day. I'll admit, him being gone gives me less reason to play JKA. Damn. Just damn.

I'm playing JKA more myself to honor his name. I was trippin out when heard the news, only talked to him recently 2-3 week ago on facebook so it felt so surreal. He helped me learn how to use linux command line cmds properly and how to setup a server on linux etc, top bloke. Three cheers (Hip-hip hooray) for binnysan!

I'm playing JKA more myself to honor his name. I was trippin out when heard the news, only talked to him recently 2-3 week ago on facebook so it felt so surreal. He helped me learn how to use linux command line cmds properly and how to setup a server on linux etc, top bloke. Three cheers (Hip-hip hooray) for binnysan!

Yeah, the last time I talked to Binnysan was early this month. I sent him a link to the worlds first giant robot fight because I knew he would enjoy something that seemed so futuristic. He didn't seem like anything was wrong. I just can't believe he's gone.

Smoo likes this

it's fair to state that we all do get along well enough in the twilight of this game - my only standing issue is with those who make personal threats against people, their families, businesses, finances, websites and things on that level - that is beyond the game and instigated by psychopathic haters.  That was never Binny, he was always honest with his approach to all levels of the game!

I agree completely. Every now and again, there are people who cross lines that shouldn't be crossed. Binny was well known for his escapades and that reputation is the source of a lot of controversy in this community. However, Binny was human and humans make mistakes. They also change over time as they mature and realize their potentials. The defining attribute of a matured person is that they've learned from the mistakes they've made without sacrificing who they are in the process.

I remember quite a few conversations over my time with this game that had to do with people who would "never change", and as a result those people closed themselves off from the possibility of knowing a person for who they really are. I had a few moments with Binny within the last couple of years--he was genuinely a decent guy, despite all the prevailing axioms and adages working against him. 

People do bad things and regret them. But life goes on, and we have to make the choice of whether we're going to hold on to petty grudges or let the past be the past, itself completely.

Link and Smoo like this
  • 3 years later...

This screen was taken by me on consoles (PS5) a few days ago.

Either Binny had a jesus level resurrection or OP trolled everyone here...
(Unless you maybe subscribe to the idea that someone created a fake PSN just to call himself Binnysan in console JKA (?)):
M46kJUk.jpg

I remembered reading about this topic which is why I had to come back and share this! 😛

Smoo and {JoF} Atlas like this
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NO, NO, NO. Why not message him on PSN and ask him yourself, honestly? Binnysan(2) is a great guy and talented member of our PS4 community, who used to play PC and was very close with OG Binnysan (yes, i know the reputation.) He uses his name to honor his dead friend.

BoredJosh and Smoo like this
  • 2 years later...