Vehicle Scripting

Hello Fellas.

Since I started with BehavED once more I have a problem with vehicle scripting.

I made a little ROFF sequence where my ship (e.g. xwing) just fly straight and then going down to the landing pad.

All works fine but now I need to know how I can initiate the landing sequence (closing the s-foils).

So maybe theres a command via BehavED who can be used or other techniques.

At the moment this is my IBI script:

//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "comment" );
wait ( 5.000 );
play ( /*@PLAY_TYPES*/ "PLAY_ROFF", "test/shrike" );
wait ( 6000.000 );

Well, after several trying I solved the problem.

Just for documantation if someone has the same trouble:

Go on SourceForBehavED and open anims.h

This file contains most animation sequences. Put "BOTH_WINGS_CLOSE" and a comment like // wings close.

In my case it look like this

BOTH_CIN_44,        //# Level specific cinematic
    BOTH_CIN_45,        //# Level specific cinematic
    BOTH_CIN_46,        //# Level specific cinematic
    BOTH_CIN_47,        //# Level specific cinematic
    BOTH_CIN_48,        //# Level specific cinematic
    BOTH_CIN_49,        //# Level specific cinematic
    BOTH_CIN_50,        //# Level specific cinematic
    BOTH_WINGS_CLOSE        //# wings close

Then you can call your command via SET_ANIM_BOTH in your BehavED as usual.

affect ( "xwing", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ANIM_BOTH", /*@ANIM_NAMES*/ "BOTH_WINGS_CLOSE" );
    wait ( 5000.000 );
}

See ya!

Guest Redemption

Hi @@Ciutric :) I'm happy that you solved the problem but I'm sorry I couldn't be of help; even though the coding that I do looks similar, I haven't worked with behavED that much :(

You may find that most queries such as yours here, may fall on deaf ears; mine usually do, due to the nature of your question - most modders here are modellers...

I'm about to delve into a little scripting soon myself and it would be good to know that help was there if needed, but the reality is less than likely. Most I could do to help is bat ideas of you and the trial and error approach :)

You may find that most queries such as yours here, may fall on deaf ears; mine usually do, due to the nature of your question - most modders here are modellers...

I think the reason is not that most modders are modelers, but that most of the issues we're seeing nowadays are completely new due to people experimenting more with the game and thus nobody knows how to fix them, at least that's my reason to avoid posting in most threads here. The important thing is that if people manage to fix their problems, they post the solution here so everybody can know in case someone asks again in the future.

Langerd likes this

For sure there are more experimenting since the release time. After all there are more usable tools to do this. For example doing ROFF-Sequences which I started last time. The game has much potential and 14 years of creating new tools and getting experience will give more possibilities of modding.

But ICARUS-Scripting was ever complex. Most mappers did and I think always do Multiplayer modding so ICARUS has no high priority. No offense both Style SP and MP modding are nice stuff. After all ICARUS is much self explained and has a nice manual.

I also glad to see that the modding community is still active. So seems like I found a new modding home.

Thanks for reply.

Noodle likes this

Good to hear! Roff files are awesome because they can really help you set an atmosphere for a singleplayer map. Remember that artus level in Jedi Outcast which has flying x-wings, tie fighters and crashing ships? Most of that was done with .roff files.