Katarn... there seems to be a HOLE in your neck!?!

Guest Redemption
Go to solution Solved by Guest Redemption,

Guest Redemption

Hello, how are you... 

I was encouraged to have another go at my modelling issue and once again, I've failed. I can't do it. I need help i.e, someone to show me or do it for me. Here is a reminder of the problem:

https://jkhub.org/topic/9287-playermodel-cvar-in-jedi-outcast/page-2?do=findComment&comment=133251

Endgame is I want to be able for Kyle to wear different attire throughout the single-player journey e.g. The Force Unleashed. THIS is the feature that is delaying the release of version 2 of my mod.

@@Tompa9 

Edited by Redemption
Guest Redemption

Fixed the typo in your title because it was driving me crazy. :P (they're is a contraction of "they are")

Lol! Haha... ach-well. Each to their own mun. Thank you.

Guest Redemption

And what is the problem? All I can see is that you have resized neck to fit stormtrooper body :). If that hole still appears you must try and try and try, move it and resize it again to have it perfect.

All I can say is try modelling Kyle's head on Hap's Stormtrooper. I've tried with stretching the neck down and that stuff but it don't matter... At the exact same part there is this GAP.

Btw, that was @@Aidor mod you were looking at.

Forget that crap, I was just frustrated.

Edited by Redemption

Heya Redemption.

If it's fine when it's straight (bones not in any animation) and then not fine when the character is moving his head around and animating, it's a weight painting issue. Double check that you've got your weight painting correct between the head and the neck where the vertices join. :)

ooeJack

Guest Redemption

@@ooeJack Thank you very much for your help. I havn't done any weight painting before but from what you've said, I'll give it a shot :) You gotta luv ReShade; its the best we've got until the lads/lassies at the hub get those better rendering engines released!!!!

Guest Redemption

Hi, I've made a breakthrough. Like @@Tompa9 said, I tried again with the stretching but this time I hid the collar and things that were obstructing my view with "H". This is where I got before and gave up... but, after taking in what @@ooeJack said, I had a go at weight-painting and now I think I can sort out the stormtroopers deforming mesh a lot better! I'll leave it til' sometime tomorrow though ;)

Guest Redemption

Well... I got it. There is another thing though as it happens. There are parts of Kyle's face that I can see straight through; I take it its another weighting issue I guess.. is it???

Edited by Redemption
Guest Redemption

I've now lost his face (permanetly it seems), as well as noticing that when wielding a saber, the neck still looks ugly :| ... Getting more than a bit tired of this.

• Solution
Guest Redemption

I was going do-lally for a time there, so I tried headswapping Kyle onto the vanilla games stormpilot... no problems with the neck issue, must be because I'm using Hapsstormtrooper; so I'll probably just mod Kyle's head onto mostly BASE vanilla game costumes.

I got the see through your head part fixed thanks to this member's post, which took me a while to find:

https://jkhub.org/topic/8009-assistance-needed-for-blender/?do=findComment&comment=115636

Edited by Redemption