DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle

@@Corto I'd highly recommend you take a stab at Sub-D modeling. Make a nice high poly mesh, do two retopos (for your world and viewmeshes). Then bake and texture the viewmesh in substance painter and once that is done to oyur liking simply transfer the materials over to the worldmesh via substances reprojection feature. That is what my Workflow looks like nowadays.

I'll try to play around with Sub-Ds and see what happens. If I like the results I may adopt the workflow too. Minilogoguy has been recomending me to do the same thing.

here's a neat collection of tutorials and explanations on the matter: http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Subdivision_Surface_Modeling

@@Corto -- looking great. You should add an animation for extending the bipod.

1200px-MG42-1.jpg

to go with a "transition-to-prone" and a prone shooting animation.

339e33c2ecd90a2161ee608d1f611fb2--bada-r

That'd require various code mods to be supported and actually work ingame.

Daniel and Corto like this

There're a lot of things I still need to do for my mod. If I finish the base assets plus a single player map, I would probably play with the code for the guns. For now, I'm only working on creating high quality 3d assets for my vision.

Ashura, I've bookmarked the link, thanks!

@@Corto -- looking great. You should add an animation for extending the bipod.

1200px-MG42-1.jpg

to go with a "transition-to-prone" and a prone shooting animation.

339e33c2ecd90a2161ee608d1f611fb2--bada-r

That would be awesome to have, going prone and such. 

I wonder if it would also be possible to have this blaster mounted to a ledge or a even a window sill and be able to be used like the e-web. That would be really sweet as well.

I know what I'm going to do with the guns, code-wise, on my mod. But this is just a 3d model. If anyone here wants to use the model on a mod that turns it into a sniper rifle, be my guest. I can model the DLT-19X scope really quick and provide the variant. But still, I will only be providing the pk3 file with this gun replacing an existing one.

Maksman likes this

if i remember correct it is a semi sniper in bf2 :) but there is a scope on it also. in bf1 it was more a blaster type then a sniper but im not sure, i have not played with it yet in bf2, just seeing it in the sniper class only

Nope, it does not. I'm pretty sure that the sniper class has DLT-20s instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...