Boothand's gamedev weeklies

• 4 weeks later...

Longswords =]

f6cb141c10.gif

Stayed up most of the night to make these animations and melee combat system. I'm probably gonna add lots of variety animations, but for now it works.

The attacks are chosen based on where the frog has the hands. So it's controlled by animations. If you block and your hands end up on the left side and you attack, you will attack from the left etc.

a55349f850.gif

The blocks are chosen automatically to match the opponent's attack, when you tap the block button. It must be timed correctly.

Slow mo:

fa0d41d66f.gif

Sithani, Smoo, Psyk0Sith and 2 others like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mostly doing a graphics/level-design lift these days, but I can't really say I've established a final art direction yet. Mostly lighting and room-feel at the moment, but also trying out some materials I made in Substance Designer.

Behold, a trick-shot:

3UDKzoa.gif

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to the image lsit in your account and you click a thumbnail, you'll get this popup:

POnx2Zr.png

That's how you can access the automatically generated size variations of your image on imgur

Thanks, but that seems only to work with images, and not GIFs (it only gives thumbnails).

Just right click on the image you want and copy the video/image location, if its a gifv/mp4 replace the extension with gif.

eg:

EClRK6n.gif

Yeah, it's what I usually do, but they become too huge and are very slow to load on JKHub, from what I've seen. I tried posting all my gifs like that earlier, and the post just.. vanished, after I posted it.

Yeah, it's what I usually do, but they become too huge and are very slow to load on JKHub, from what I've seen. I tried posting all my gifs like that earlier, and the post just.. vanished, after I posted it.

When they get bigger than 3MB, its probably better off as a video.  I wouldn't be surprised if Caelum has some sort of cap on size limits to gifs so we don't kill everyone's bandwidth if it isn't enclosed in spoilers.

Boothand likes this

JKG Developer

You're probably thinking of a different game. Bomberman was the game where you laid bombs in a grid, and they'd explode with horizontal/vertical beams.

Strange. I could have sworn i saw a bomberman platformer shooter.

Oh well, moving on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...