• Halloween Town by Langerd
    • Haunted Halls by Jedi_Mediator
    • Oakside Park by GPChannel
    • Scary Zombie by PreFXDesigns
    • Sincere Pumpkin Patch by Ramikad
    • Soul Edge by Rooxon

8vxm7Db.png

OFFICIAL POLL

The submission period has now ended! Thanks to all of you that submitted your sp00ky creations. This has been a good one. Lots of great and high quality stuff was made. I'm excited to see this poll take shape, because I think the results will be close!

Please be sure to download and play through these mods before voting on one. Screenshots don't do mods justice hardly ever, or sometimes they hype up a mod only for it to disappoint when you actually play it. Be sure to give them a go in-game before voting.

All votes are public, so any attempts at cheating will be obvious to everyone. Those that submitted a mod may vote as well, even for their own. No shame (unless your vote sways the win :P)

:pumpkin: Voting will close on October 30th! Winner will announced on Halloween, the 31st!   :ghost:

Here we go! Good luck!

Gorc, Langerd, Smoo and 1 other like this

i was literary flipping a coin between pretty much all of the files... had i decided to go with the coin flip, Artemis's Corn Maze would have gotten my vote, but then i thought you know what? I'll give my vote to a fellow weapon creation - Langred's Flashlight. He, too, uttilized a clever trick to get the job done. 

So yeah, honestly... i cannot possibly pick what i like best. All mods this year are top-notch!

Smoo and Langerd like this

Quick announcement: once this poll closes, we'll be deleting any votes made by newly created accounts specifically registered to vote in this poll. There's a fair amount of fake account voting and whatnot going on here, so don't be surprised if, once the poll closes, the vote numbers suddenly jump because I deleted such votes.

What if someone was lurking jkhub all the time w/o an account, but this time they liked something that much so decided to register and vote.

I remember I registered on some sites with a similar reason back in time.

I am rly enjoyed my first try in the haunted halls ! I must finish it tommorow because today i am too tired...

I checked all of the mods and i must say! I am Amazed how fun these mods are ^^

Take your time, no need to rush it during the duration of the contest. If i were you, i'd make this map the size of a vanilla FFA map with all those insanely nice effects! :)

Langerd likes this

Okay, I tried everything. I am super happy and impressed by this year's entries. You guys really stepped it up.

I ended up voting for @@Ramikad's Pumpkin Patch. I feel it was the most unique and creative one. It made you think, which is why I'm sure it's going to be very underrated. People will give up after they conclude that it's literally just a pumpkin patch, when it definitely is not. :P 

That was a hard vote though!

Ramikad, SomaZ and Langerd like this

I agree with previous posters - this contest was harder to vote on that I expected. The maps in particular were great - @@Artemis 's Cornmaze was a simple concept executed well - just a few turns and I already felt genuinely lost. @@Jedi_Mediator 's Haunted Halls was also suitably creepy whilst still being distinctly Star Wars-y (it made me think of a cross between the Sith and the Nightsisters with all the eerie green lights). @@Ramikad and @GPChannel also had well-realised ideas for their maps.

But I ended up voting for @Langerd 's Halloween Town. The interact elements (from the broomstick vehicles to exploding pumpkins/cauldrons) were a neat touch that gave it the map a little something extra.#

Great work everyone!

Langerd and Noodle like this

Okay, I tried everything. I am super happy and impressed by this year's entries. You guys really stepped it up.

I ended up voting for @@Ramikad's Pumpkin Patch. I feel it was the most unique and creative one. It made you think, which is why I'm sure it's going to be very underrated. People will give up after they conclude that it's literally just a pumpkin patch, when it definitely is not. :P

That was a hard vote though!

Yeah, the impassable wall around the Sincere Patch was pretty much a last-minute idea to give some sense of direction to the plot (if you can actually call that a plot :P), as a first "arena" that would unlock the rest of the map. On hindsight there were probably much better ways to achieve the same, but I was running out of time for tests and had to pretty much wrap it up. Though I'm glad that at least a few people had the perseverance to keep exploring even after there was seemingly nothing left to do, after all I stated in the readme to "explore thoroughly" ;)

Smoo and Circa like this

I think Halloween Town is great, really superb. The pumpkin animations were great. However the map is extremely small. It has almost no function other than to look pretty, which in my opinion is the whole point of a mod: functionality. Apparently nobody is really thinking of that when voting for it. I can't put it on my server and ever really use it because there's no room to duel or FFA or anything. You look around and say "wow" and then you're pretty much done. Would love to see it made bigger. That kept me from voting for it.

Langerd, Noodle and Smoo like this

I would vote for Halloween Town but it's made by Langerd and he won last years competiton, let's make someone else win for this year instead :)

p.s: I'm not trying to offend you or anything - I want to make that clear xD

•  

I may sound like an asshole but i had a lot of free time (not rly true but i spent a lot of time making all of this) .. maybe more time than the rest of You :C I rly put a lot of effort and free time to make this.

I am amazed by Your work Guys!!!

A great atmosphere in pumpkins patch (I AM AN ANGRY MOTHER F@CKIN FARMER!!! STUPID EVIL PUMPKINS!! Also i LOVE that Poncho @@Ramikad and this mysterious ending O.O)

Cornmaze is rly spooky too! One of the best maze maps i have played .. maybe because fog and atmoshpere are well made but .. Everywhere we see corn and some gravestones <3

in Soul Edge i rly like the texture and design. This flesh eye monster that is also a sword. This funny effect that eye is looking on Us XD simple but effective

Slender map is also cool and Slenderman in some way rly scared me - i didnt know You can do that in JKA!

Scary Zombie has rly nice texture work and he rly looks scary. This blood and dark dirty skin and clothes

But for me the most fun gave me the Haunted Halls (Dont know if i should have force powers here) The atmosphere is EPIC (i would put fog here and there because i rly love the fog XD) and mini games are fun and in some way they are challange!!! 

I RLY Cannot wait for CHRISTMASS CONTEST!!! This Year Halloween was phenomenal!! Amazing work You all

Ramikad likes this

I would vote for Halloween Town but it's made by Langerd and he won last years competiton, let's make someone else win for this year instead :)

p.s: I'm not trying to offend you or anything - I want to make that clear xD

•  

B-but, I like Halloween Town.

Sadly, I couldn't get my map finished in time. It's still no-where near finished, either. Oh well. In a way, that's probably for the better. It's better to have a half decent map that took a year to make than some crappy rushed map that's worse than Jar Jar's breakfast  :P

Yeah, I finally decided to vote for Langerd's Halloween Town because, even though it's not very big, there's a lot of hand-made work that deserves recognition: the animated pumpkins, the custom textures, the map's brushwork, everything was just too outstanding to ignore. If that map wasn't in the competition, my vote would have gone definitely  to Jedi_Mediator's Haunted Halls.