Should the fans petition Disney for a KOTOR series?

I was washing a window before shutting it for the winter and the thought came to me. On the one hand, it seems to be the only way to bring KOTOR back into canon, but on the other, I'm just sure Disney will mess it up.

Either way, what are your thoughts? Should they start a KOTOR series once Rebels is canned?

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

A TV show *could* be interesting. But on a whole, I'd say no. Let it die. Yes, the KoTOR series is one of the most loved aspects of Star Wars lore (or Star Wars history), but there's too much of it about. Fans are requesting it every 5 minutes, nearly. Not to mention, with it now being by Disney.. They'd mess it up and tamper with it, in some form. So, fans wouldn't get exactly "what" they wanted (or "how" they wanted it). I would dare say that Kylo's quote from the recent TLJ trailer, could be used to summarise it.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become who you were meant to be."

Disney/Lucasfilm *may* do something with it, further down the line. But right now, it's not a priority for them. They're solely focused on this Force for Change stuff, with the women of the SW universe. Which, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually turn into a full-blown TV show, anyway. The last thing we'd need, is a KoTOR series being watered down, by a crapload of female lead characters ('cos you know that's exactly what would happen. They've done it with TFA and then Rogue One). So, you nearly know, it'd be all about telling Satele or Bastille Shan's story over anything else. Thanks, Kathleen Kennedy!  <_<

No thanks.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

A TV show *could* be interesting. But on a whole, I'd say no. Let it die. Yes, the KoTOR series is one of the most loved aspects of Star Wars lore (or Star Wars history), but there's too much of it about. Fans are requesting it every 5 minutes, nearly. Not to mention, with it now being by Disney.. They'd mess it up and tamper with it, in some form. So, fans wouldn't get exactly "what" they wanted (or "how" they wanted it). I would dare say that Kylo's quote from the recent TLJ trailer, could be used to summarise it.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become who you were meant to be."

Disney/Lucasfilm *may* do something with it, further down the line. But right now, it's not a priority for them. They're solely focused on this Force for Change stuff, with the women of the SW universe. Which, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually turn into a full-blown TV show, anyway. The last thing we'd need, is a KoTOR series being watered down, by a crapload of female lead characters ('cos you know that's exactly what would happen. They've done it with TFA and then Rogue One). So, you nearly know, it'd be all about telling Satele or Bastille Shan's story over anything else. Thanks, Kathleen Kennedy!  <_<

No thanks.

I'd only want Lucasfilm to try something like that ONLY IF Kathleen is no longer the CEO of Lucasfilm. Until she retires (or gets fired, you never know), I don't want her touching ANYTHING from KOTOR. The only minor, and I quote minor things I'll accept is Rebels bringing in Malachor since it's technically NOT Malachor V, just Malachor in name only.

Its really just been all but confirmed that the KOTOR games are canon. They've almost had Revan in TCW. They still make Revan action figures I believe. They pulled elements from them like the Mandalorian Wars, Malachor, etc. KOTOR 2 got a patch a couple years ago, which means they know they exist and everything. I think we could potentially see the games made canon officially, eventually. I hold hope. A TV show would be great, but I'd rather have a live action show, similar to the Netflix Marvel shows. They are for adult viewers, extremely good writing and acting, and are very dark. I'd LOVE for a Star Wars show like that.