GTK Radiant Clicking Problems

Hey guys, I've recently installed Radiant 1.6.5 on my new computer that's Windows 10, instead of Windows 7. Now, in order to get this thing to even START, I had to run it with Windows XP Service Pack. Then, I'd been having trouble with clicking on things. Whether it's a button, or something else, I always have trouble. Eventually, I needed to use the camera, as you do, when you're mapping. Once I right-clicked on it, I COULD NOT click back out of it! I had to use Alt + F4 to get out. This is obviously a REALLY big problem for a mapper. I need to fix this soon, because I want to enter for the Halloween Contest. Please help.

Also, my mouse is NOT the problem. It works in everything else just fine. It's the program.

When I was running Windows 7 and using radiant 1.5, I had to use the "disable desktop composition" compatibility option to prevent a buggy UI. This option is no longer obviously available in win10, but some seem to think it is still possible using a registry edit:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/b49de36e-d36f-4f7c-a63e-b70c49c86efd/compatibility-administrator-and-the-old-setting-disable-visual-themes?forum=w8itproappcompat

Otherwise, are you running as administrator? Have you updated your video drivers recently? Have you tried the compatibility troubleshooter that comes with win10? Not sure how good it is, but maybe it's worth a shot.

Welp, It's a bit late lol. It did actually fix the buttons, but the camera's still a bit buggy. I still can't click off of it, and I still can't click on brushes while using it. I've at least learned that I can just open Textures to get out of it, but that doesn't really make it any less of a pain.

Unfortunately the radiant code is not well handled for newer Windows and there's not a lot they can do in it's current state. Most of the libraries used are ancient to a point.

Someone should start with posting issues like this on the radiant GitHub issue tracker and hopefully others can follow-up with it for additional test cases.