Enabling cg_thirdpersonrange in JA+?

Hey guys,

As many may know, it's possible to use the command cg_thirdpersonrange with a JA++ client on JA+ servers such as JAWA, and also JA++ servers as it unlocks the cheat protection on it somehow (or by using a cvar unlocker on base servers, I guess, but I don't play on base servers). However, with a JA+ client, it always comes up as cheat protected when executing the command.

Does anyone know how one might enable cg_thirspersonrange with JA+ as the client instead of JA++ or a similar command that would achieve the same result? JA++ isn't really ideal for me with the servers I play on as it's mostly regular JA+, over JA++. Examples of why would be when I'm glitching through other players in a duel or when I am in a duel myself and pass through someone who isn't. Also, the inability to see NPCs whilst in a duel, causing me to bump into invisible objects is sometimes a pain. Another thing would be when playing in a game that has model scaling turned on, which happens a few times, and the saber doesn't scale along with the player model, like it does when using the JA+ client, making it hard to judge distances (though this is just a minor gripe of mine).

I'd really appreciate it if someone could show me a workaround that I can use. I have tried JAPro as well, though that is not the kind of mod I'm really into and has some of the same issues for me.

Thanks in advance,

TheDoctor.

Smoo likes this