Dark Forces 2 models

https://jkhub.org/files/file/804-dark-forces-ii-skin-pack/

I'm not sure it's ported, but the skins are good. As A huge fan of the whole Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, I use them a lot myself.

These are well made reskins of existing JKA models. Not ported.

I would not recommend porting anything from DF2 anyway. The game's models are ridiculously lowpoly and use extremely low res textures by even JKA's Standards. There are mods for DF2 that port JKA/JKO models back to DF2 to improve the visual quality.

Langerd and NumberWan like this

I just thought it would be interesting to see the original Dark Forces 2 models ported into JK3, it would be like Dark Forces 2 with an upgraded combat system. I think it would be interesting honestly if it did work.

You know what? Your idea might have some potential. Imagine having low-poly versions of characters from Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy, to make them look like

Dark Forces 2 models. It doesn't have to be all the characters, but it would be interesting to see at least some of them redone as if they were made in 1998.

Omega, Teancum and Smoo like this

I'll try to get back to work on the animations, been working 12hr days lately and gf wrecked a car that I was supposed to flip for a profit which was supposed to get me the scratch to build a new PC which I was hoping would jumpstart my desire to work on 3D projects again. Unfortunate events have been leaving time and money tight lately. =(

I'll try to get back to work on the animations, been working 12hr days lately and gf wrecked a car that I was supposed to flip for a profit which was supposed to get me the scratch to build a new PC which I was hoping would jumpstart my desire to work on 3D projects again. Unfortunate events have been leaving time and money tight lately. =(

So sorry to hear that man. I was looking forward to team up with you in SWBF2 sooner than later. But you'll get there!

Is there a Pic model in progress?

• 1 year later...

Thought I would revive this topic, turns out my friend had the DF2 Jerec ported for a long time now and thought I would show a screenshot. I have the DF2 HUD and sabers as well, pretty much feels like playing DF2 all over again but with a new combat system. A nice retro feel bringing back the nostalgia. If only we could get all 7 dark jedi and Kyle ported, I think it would be a nice retro model pack to bring back the good times from our childhood into JKA. :) 
shot0060.jpg
shot0059.jpg

• 1 year later...