KOTF 2.1 FAQ

Linken

Q: When do you plan on releasing updates?

A: The instant we know, we will tell you.

Q: I'd like to see "this character" in the mod!

A: We're open to suggestions, but please only suggest characters if you have a proper, high quality model to show us, else we will not take your request under consideration.

Q: How do I unlock other missions?

A: Missions that are greyed out don't exist yet and will need time to produce and release. Missions can be freely played as they're released, with no pre-requisities.

Q: Will you have missions for other eras? Like Clone Wars, KOTOR, and Rebels?

A: Yes, they will be labelled under a new category called "Bonus Missions"

Q: I've having problems with KOTF 2.0, can you help?

A: We are not affiliated with the 2.0 version of the mod in any way, shape, or form. Officially, we can not help you if you're having issues. Why are you playing it anyway?

Q: Will the mod have an Add/Load system like 2.0 did?

A: Nope! With the power of OpenJK, we don't have to require the player to select npcs outside of the game. We have a menu to handle all spawning from an organized list of NPCs. Of course, all npcs can be spawned from the console, all npc commands can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eu74OMSGNxxZzZ-uXlIk74e6QF8QqsQxbu5Mh04Yffw/edit#gid=0

Q: Will I get to choose the side of an NPC?

A: Yes, this also includes any npcs we haven't officially featured.

Q: Will you add anything from Jedi Outcast? Campaign? Maps?

A: We understand that many love and cherish Jedi Outcast and would love to play the campaign through KotF. However, in efforts to avoid any potential legal repercussions, we will not include any assets from Jedi Outcast with the exception of sounds for certain characters. This includes the campaign and multiplayer maps.

Q: Are there viruses in the launcher/updater/the mod?

A: NO!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have to make a Copy of JKA in order to play other mods like Movie Battles 2 or there is no compatibility problems with the mod and other mods ?

If the mods are separate, then keep them. However, kotf is not compatible with any multiplayer mods or other openjk mods (like serenity Jedi engine)

The F3R0X likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry for the inconvenience, this more than a question is a wish, a wish like the one you asked Santa Claus for Christmas, like the one you asked for a shooting star when it appeared in the sky, this desire, possibly impossible desire, is about the multiplayer of KotF, which is a good multiplayer, but to be honest, to play this multiplayer I prefer to play Movie Battles II, then, because I have downloaded KotF, well, if Movie Battles II is the best Multiplayer mod, KotF is a mod where you can create those dream battles, adventures designed and created by you, it is a place where you can invent everything you do not see in movies, comics, series or novels, that is KotF and it is really wonderful, but it is singleplayer, my wish would be that if the fort of KotF is the singleplayer, that the Multiplayer is not a copy of the original MP and the Movie Battles II, but that it is an MP with the own style of KotF, a multiplayer where you can play a custom game, with your friends create level s, and play them side by side or against, relive the triologies or create new ones, together with friends. I don't know if it's going to be possible, I don't know if they thought about this idea, I don't know if they had already raised it, but it's something I would like to see, it's something I would like to enjoy, it's something we would like to play.
                 -Thanks for your time

3 hours ago, Aslan51 said:

Sorry for the inconvenience, this more than a question is a wish, a wish like the one you asked Santa Claus for Christmas, like the one you asked for a shooting star when it appeared in the sky, this desire, possibly impossible desire, is about the multiplayer of KotF, which is a good multiplayer, but to be honest, to play this multiplayer I prefer to play Movie Battles II, then, because I have downloaded KotF, well, if Movie Battles II is the best Multiplayer mod, KotF is a mod where you can create those dream battles, adventures designed and created by you, it is a place where you can invent everything you do not see in movies, comics, series or novels, that is KotF and it is really wonderful, but it is singleplayer, my wish would be that if the fort of KotF is the singleplayer, that the Multiplayer is not a copy of the original MP and the Movie Battles II, but that it is an MP with the own style of KotF, a multiplayer where you can play a custom game, with your friends create level s, and play them side by side or against, relive the triologies or create new ones, together with friends. I don't know if it's going to be possible, I don't know if they thought about this idea, I don't know if they had already raised it, but it's something I would like to see, it's something I would like to enjoy, it's something we would like to play.
                 -Thanks for your time

This was the most poetic question I've ever seen. Kind of made it difficult for me to discern what you were asking. But still a nice thing to read regardless. 

We're working on an overhaul for multiplayer, we want to make it possible to play on different mp mods, we're making our own right now. 

Maksman likes this