Random development screenshots.

Oh yeah right there's no way I could make something of that quality!

The thing about Warzone is it does nearly all of it for you. You just make your map, then if you need to change some values in a notepad file to adjust color, lighting, etc. We don't even need lightmaps or vis.

As for the water, its done automatically on anything you set as "q3map_material Water" in your shader.

As for trees, we made a tool to add them to your map automatically.

As for AI, you just run an ingame command to waypoint your map.

As for foliage, theres automatic grass on any surface with the shader set to "q3map_material shortgrass" or "q3map_material longgrass". There's also a second ingame command /genfoliage to add the plants you see on that particular map.

.. it's all automatic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

How did you manage to not need lightmaps or vis?

Emissive light sources from any glow textures, sky cubemap to add some sky color, settings in mapname.mapinfo ini file to adjust map coloring, etc to replace most of what lightmaps normally do, and occlusion culling instead of vis. Wz still supports both lightmaps and vis, but we don't use them.

Ramikad and Smoo like this
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@@Asgarath83 when it is ready :P

our code is build on some very old OJK SDK with a old version of rend2

mmm my mod code is builded with one of the first version of OpenJk of 2013. o.o i doubt they are compatible. if i use rend2 and wz code sure i will need to take code sources and merge with all my code edits O.o well... should be a necessary sacrifice i guess.

i tested on a map two area ripped by two legacy of kain games one of defiance and one of blood omen 2

mmm my mod code is builded with one of the first version of OpenJk of 2013. o.o i doubt they are compatible. if i use rend2 and wz code sure i will need to take code sources and merge with all my code edits O.o well... should be a necessary sacrifice i guess.

i tested on a map two area ripped by two legacy of kain games one of defiance and one of blood omen 2

same is ours, but a lot has change in our codes over the past 4 years now, for Weapons code, to AI, to how the network handles stuff and much more, i would never begin to port wz to a new code without know what u are doing :D

same is ours, but a lot has change in our codes over the past 4 years now, for Weapons code, to AI, to how the network handles stuff and much more, i would never begin to port wz to a new code without know what u are doing :D

basically...

a code for making a class of NPC that act and fight like starfighters, for hallow dogfight battle on air and on spaxce on SP. but this is pretty far for be ended, at moment my fighter move like chopters... i don't  know how damn imbue a forceforward costant moving direction on Y vector on NPC after spawning because i wana to recreate the costantly forward movement of rogue squadron 3d. i am YEARS with headaching because i cannot end my AI for this. i not know how to set a constantly forward movement to fighters NPCs. and SET_FORCEFORWARD icarus command not works on NPCs. >.< 

and after:

-force falling

and mainly: - incresed npc limits saber files limits and efx limits (jka hide the particles effect if there are too many efx at a same time into a map)

- added 8 new force powers based on legacy of kain series.

- changed effects of default force power for match to efx of corrispective legacy of kain spells.

example: force drain become blood gout \ blood shower spell, so the force drain effect is replaced by a blood drain effect.

change effects and sound of weapons and of force power by AI CLASS of NPCs.

- corpse disappering with an efx blowing up explosion for some classes of NPC that are demons or elemental creatures when they die.

- a combat system rpg-like, when every class is weak to some shoot weapons and resistance to other weapons. all coded into g_combat

- the sabers files of my mod are strongily hardcoded for deal differente MOD damage and not only MOD_SABER.

for example on my mod: WP_BLASTER become fireballs spells. and so a flame sword deal also MOD_BLASTER damage, and not only MOD_SABER (in saber files i decreased the damagescale for balance the gameplay for that.) so a blade can be deadly for some kind of monster or unuseful for other.

2 new SP weapons, one like blaster pistol and one like flechette and efx and sound fix and separated for WP_JAWA, WP_BLASTER_PISTOL and WP_BRYAR_PISTOL so i can have 3 different working weapons by that.

well, basically that's all.

... My... My mind is blowing up... D:

This is with a code modification @@Stoiss ? or just with new sdk tools? How you do that? when you will release it!!! D:

It is possible to test warzone now, by downloading from github, and getting links from us for some test maps. Warzone needs a pretty beefy computer though, at least for GPU (something like 4gb+ video card era, 2gb if you don't care about fps so much).

Smoo likes this
  • 3 months later...

Here's some new screenshots.

Volumetric fogs (enable in mapinfo and set what types you want, linear, volumetric whole map, or volumetric altitude based - can set density, wind, etc):

shot2018-08-19_01-31-12.jpg

shot2018-08-19_06-14-29.jpg

shot2018-07-26_05-01-12.jpg

shot2018-07-24_01-23-58.jpg

shot2018-07-24_01-22-33.jpg

shot2018-07-24_01-22-33.jpg

shot2018-07-24_01-17-31.jpg

shot2018-07-23_23-42-44.jpg

General water looks improvements and a new breaking-waves/whitecaps effect:

CchlBmJ.jpg

ahjIP7O.jpg

XEqD9DX.jpg

zBBlpaV.jpg

New procedural ground foliage system (automatically adds layers of surface plant life over the ground):

shot2018-09-09_01-21-06.jpg

shot2018-09-09_01-21-39.jpg

sn9ocl7.jpg

New procedural hanging moss/vines system (simply enable it and tell it what texture to use on your map in mapinfo):

shot2018-09-06_11-09-37.jpg

shot2018-09-06_09-01-04.jpg

shot2018-09-06_11-11-18.jpg

shot2018-09-06_11-14-55.jpg

shot2018-09-06_09-01-51.jpg

shot2018-09-06_11-13-31.jpg

shot2018-09-06_11-17-35.jpg

shot2018-09-06_11-20-55.jpg

shot2018-09-06_11-21-31.jpg

Smoo, Jeff and Futuza like this

... and more ...

Procedural snow system (just specify an altitude in the mapinfo for the map for snow to start blending into the original map - or set the altitude below the map to make the whole map snowy - players and entities also get snow added):

ryP51ko.jpg

sqPnes4.jpg

9ryl4bF.jpg

D1K7Hr4.jpg

Id5Pwve.jpg

xzMhWjm.jpg

P8U7XjH.jpg

9BAvfjg.jpg

ruHOC2f.jpg

Procedural moss (just enable in mapinfo to add moss to ground, rocks, and trees):

shot2018-09-04_03-48-17.jpg

shot2018-09-04_03-53-56.jpg

shot2018-09-04_03-52-48.jpg

shot2018-09-04_03-55-51.jpg

shot2018-09-04_03-54-20.jpg

Procedural lava (not currently used anywhere in warzone except on the ffa map for testing):

nqQaVvs.jpg

vOlhDx8.jpg

Underwater looks updates:

shot2018-08-31_04-32-00.jpg

Smoo, Futuza, Jeff and 2 others like this
  • 4 weeks later...

... and some more new pics ...

More procedural snow updates (now with more config options and better looks in general):

4WOjTKZ.jpg

WAYTskj.jpg

eSiM2mw.jpg

Remade the procedural night sky (now also has proper atmospheric scattering at night):

flYrCVb.jpg

3PY6onC.jpg

New sunset/sunrise updates sun and it's volumtrics now changes color:

rRv5s74.jpg

blLmdKY.jpg

Procedural moons (can add up to 8 procedural moons to any world, with their own texture, etc):

OeZ5bDY.jpg

Wbf82Mh.jpg

Smoo, z3filus, Jeff and 4 others like this