Sound Replacement Not Working

Go to solution Solved by Droidy365,

Please help, guys.

it's ever difficult to make a wav with the correct samples, more of an MP3 file. i suggest you to copy the original repeaters sound files by assets, open with audacity and copy \ paste edited version into original :

example selected cointained of fire.wav custom into original fire.wav. save the original edited file without any modify about sample or format and should work. :)

so: use the original sound files, but change their contains. should works.

It's a mono *.wav file currently at 44100 Hz. The original one is a mono *.wav file at 22050 Hz, which didn't work, either. I'm using Audacity if that means anything.

The problem is audacity, i've had similar problems, thats why i use a different audio converter after editing with audacity.

Try Nero Wav Editor its pretty good and is free.

it's ever difficult to make a wav with the correct samples, more of an MP3 file. i suggest you to copy the original repeaters sound files by assets, open with audacity and copy \ paste edited version into original :

example selected cointained of fire.wav custom into original fire.wav. save the original edited file without any modify about sample or format and should work. :)

so: use the original sound files, but change their contains. should works.

Well, I tried that just now, but that didn't work...

The problem is audacity, i've had similar problems, thats why i use a different audio converter after editing with audacity.

Try Nero Wav Editor its pretty good and is free.

For some reason I'm having trouble installing it... I've never had any problems with Audacity before, could it be the new version, or a setting that's screwing it up?

Mate i will try to help you tomorrow i had the same problem with saber sounds,tomorrow we will speak but now im busy

Okay, have you got a solution, or a suggestion? I hope you fix your saber sounds, by the way.

Well, I tried that just now, but that didn't work...

For some reason I'm having trouble installing it... I've never had any problems with Audacity before, could it be the new version, or a setting that's screwing it up?

Okay, have you got a solution, or a suggestion? I hope you fix your saber sounds, by the way.

So Audacity not save correctly the samples of wav??? o.o

i confess i use mainly goldwave for modding sound editing

If it had 2 channels before then it wasn't mono. That's literally what mono means: one channel. For some reason Audacity is stupid and doesn't list a file as stereo when it should. You should just go by the fact that you have 2 channels, not what it says. If you have two channels, split them both to mono and delete one. Then save as mono and all is well.

If it had 2 channels before then it wasn't mono. That's literally what mono means: one channel. For some reason Audacity is stupid and doesn't list a file as stereo when it should. You should just go by the fact that you have 2 channels, not what it says. If you have two channels, split them both to mono and delete one. Then save as mono and all is well.

Or mux them - that's how stereo-to-mono is usually done.