Let's play Search and Destroy.

MUG

Answer this if you are interested:  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What evenings (8PM GMTish) are you free to play SnD?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday

If you want a server soon for this event and the KAK server isn't working, @@MUG I have a VPS so I can host as many JKA servers as it can handle. (Probably around 3 empty at a time, when 1 server had around 8 people at a time everything was fine and it'll mostly likely be able to handle more. ) I could provide a server for the day of the event, and if it's at the same time, no one will probably be on the other servers. You can use the TeamSpeak too of course during the event.

If you want a server soon for this event and the KAK server isn't working, @@MUG I have a VPS so I can host as many JKA servers as it can handle. (Probably around 3 empty at a time, when 1 server had around 8 people at a time everything was fine and it'll mostly likely be able to handle more. ) I could provide a server for the day of the event, and if it's at the same time, no one will probably be on the other servers. You can use the TeamSpeak too of course during the event.

Very kind. Might hit you up on that offer soon. Will prolly Pm you at some point in the next few days if KAK stays broken.

Hey...is the countdown clock messed up? It says theres like 5 days left...

The clock is showing time since the original event date (since Monday, October 1, 2012 at 8:00:00 PM (UTC time)). Looks like it hasn't been updated for the new event time tomorrow.

therfiles likes this

Thanks for playing everyone, It was a lot of fun! I'll be making a few fixes to that map, mainly changing the time limit, and I will also be making a new one based on feedback from today. Here are a few screenshots:

RvOXZ.jpg

SP2Q2.jpg

VH2VA.jpg

g3WsV.jpg

6kvMz.jpg

iSAik.jpg

3Sk6E.jpg

IIMzQ.jpg

nc9ql.jpg

1AdyD.jpg

Probably won't be able to make it again, though. I only got to go to this monday session because of no school. But I'll try!

I'll see about maybe changing to day, but not sure how possible that is. Assume Monday again for now. Alternatively, I could try making the time later?

therfiles likes this

I don't get the team sprites above player's heads, any idea why? Been working before.

Annoying because It's hard to see the teams on a dark map such as tatooine.

Hmm...that is odd...Don't think there is a cvar to disable them...Perhaps you have a mod that has made them invisible?

• 4 months later...

There was a great server at kak.jk3.in:40000. Try asking them. :P

All jokes aside, this really was a TON of fun, and I think we definitely need to play it again soonish.

I'm pretty sure that was my server. While I don't have the VPS that I ran that on anymore, Cael showed me a way earlier to get a free low end server from Amazon that should be able to handle JKA fine. While I was planning on using it to test OpenRP, if I do get it setup, I could host this too as I won't be testing OpenRP 24/7.

MUG, therfiles and Jango40 like this

There was a great server at kak.jk3.in:40000. Try asking them.

kak was owned by someone else, they just had a spare server which they loaned to Caelum/myself, but it mysteriously vanished a while back, but i guess you get what you pay for.

But yes, I would definitely be up for this if someone can find a venue.

edit: ah yes, fighter ended up hosting this particular event, as the actual kak server had mysteriously vanished at that point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This idea sounds really awesome, I think this would go amazing with Gunslinger's Academy (I should work on getting 2.4.5 ready for release, it's been a while since either eezstreet or I have touched that mod so I'm a bit fuzzy on what all needs to be done).

Either way I'd love to attend this if you guys host another match sometime.

Also, I think I could get a temporary (non-homehost) server up if you guys need one.

MUG, therfiles and Fighter like this