JKCommunity Discord

Wolfeye

So I'm sure by now many of you know about us, but I wanted to put out a newer, more up-to-date advertisement to better explain what we're about!

Who are we?

The Jedi Knight Community Discord server (JKC) is a place where we aim to gather people from all over the JK community to be enthusiastic Jedi together. While this generally caters more to the JKA community, this is also an inclusive discord for people in the previous games as well. This spans all game mods and versions.

Where can we be found?

Right here: https://discord.gg/gFKwH85

What do we have to offer?

The JKC has a variety of things to offer to the community. We provide a platform for hundreds of people from across the community, which provides ample opportunities to:

-Converse with like-minded Jedi and Sith from all across the globe
-Have a common-ground location where many clans and teams can meet and organize events and share information
-Advertise your clan/team
-Find a clan or team you like and join it
-Advertise events you host
-Keep up-to-date and in-the-know about all things going on in the community
-Have access to knowledgeable members of the community who are willing to help with modding questions/techsupport/learning the game itself
-Enjoy music from everyone's favorite DJ, Reelo Baruk
-Tag Caelum until he finally loses his sanity, turns to the dark side, and destroys the planet with a massive weapon that has an incredibly obvious weakness that will be explained in a spin-off movie later
-Have a quick and easy way to call people for PUGs
-Give people disapproving Rosh emoji reactions to things they post, or a slightly more disapproving Jar Jar emoji

...And more! All with a team of staff who are always happy to hear feedback to shape the server to fit the needs and wants of the community.

Why should you care?

Because with hundreds of members on the server and more people and clans getting involved every day, this is THE #1 place on Discord to discuss anything Jedi-Knight.

*We are open 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. All free meme offers expire after 3000 days. JKC is not responsible for any injury caused by improper use of memes. Please consult your doctor if you experience dizziness, stomach pain, allergic reactions, destroyed childhood, sabers to the face, or death. Feel free to contact me for any information regarding the server, or just to say hi.

Edited by Circa
Fixed link
Smoo and SomaZ like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

o/ Hi all.

Just wanted to give an update about the JKC:

As we continue to grow, we continue to look for new ways to benefit the community. We've made leaps and bounds of progress over the last year, and I'm proud to say we've got a pretty solid list of actual accomplishments.

What has we done? 

-We now have all sorts of major clans involved with our clan project, including those from various areas of JKA, This includes clans like JAWA, NGN, SAO, and Legendary among others from all around the globe. Clan representation from JA+ to base, and from US to EU and South America. Most recently we even had our Russian brothers and sisters join us! Plus, we cater to all the gametypes. Saber only? We got you. Full force? Sure! CTF, TFFA, Duel, Siege, or just random FFA? All of the above! This means it's easier to contact clan leaders, organize events, conduct diplomacy, and anything else a clan, or even just an individual looking to game, could need. All of JK is doing it, why shouldn't you?  :P 

-All the cool devs are doing it too! OpenJK, OSP, DF2, Warzone, JK2MV, ... In fact, I'd argue our modding channels are the most active of the entire server.

-Contacting people is easier now--we have staff from all the major projects (Arcadia, JKLast, JKHub, JK Reddit, and of course our very own expert meme-team for the JKC staff) all on the discord.

-We have even extended to the hard-to-reach communities in here too, such as those who speedun the singleplayer for JK2/JKA,

What are our plans?

We're not done yet! We're working closely with our partners to create new, fun experiences for all the dedicated JK fans out there. Arcadia and us are working very hard to produce some quality content, and we'll be putting out another update when things take off! We also plan to get the ball rolling with some possible JKC-events that any JK player wouldn't want to miss out on. Keep an eye on our #news-and-feedback channel for all the juicy stuff to come. 

Want to get involved?

We always welcome everyone to the JKC! If you're wanting to get a role for a development team you're on, or even a channel specific to your mod project, that can be arranged. If you're a clan wanting representation, we do have some requirements that are fairly minimal, but we're always happy to have more clans represented, and we're even known to make some exceptions to our rules for new roles! But if you're not quite making it yet...

Check out our partners over at Arcadia!

We're proud to sponsor Arcadia, a project aimed at helping give upstart clans and reviving clans all the help they could possibly want in order to get them off the ground. https://arcadia.gg/ and https://discord.gg/BrYUgdM

Would it be possible to add the discord widget (link) to some place on JKHub? A lot of stuff goes on on the Discord that isn't here on the forums, and I feel like a lot of people don't even know about it. I certainly didn't until I happened to click the link a year late to the game.

Would it be possible to add the discord widget (link) to some place on JKHub? A lot of stuff goes on on the Discord that isn't here on the forums, and I feel like a lot of people don't even know about it. I certainly didn't until I happened to click the link a year late to the game.

Tbh I feel the Discord widget is kind of pointless. It shows who's online and who is in what voice channel. You can't do anything with it beyond that, afaik. And since the JKC is separate from JKHub, pasting such a widget on our forum would be kind of odd. We link to it in the JKHub Bar for now. Perhaps we'll give it a more prominent link at some point.

*JKC would like to reiterate that we are not, in fact, directly linked to JKHub in any way. We also fully endorse bagged milk, which is most definitely heresy on JKHub.

But yes, there are a decent amount of people who aren't yet aware of how awesome the JKC is, which is why I wanted to post that status update for it to advertise a bit more since the original ad was placed almost a year ago :P

As for any JKH/JKC interaction, that hasn't really been heavily discussed yet. It's hard to be neutral toward that discussion when being involved with both entities, heh. 

• 4 months later...

On a JKH moderation note: Links removed--please do not cross-advertise here, JoF has it's own thread for that which they bump on a regular basis.

Yes, JKC is still alive. I no longer own or manage it, though to my understanding, the ban I placed on JoF's advertising on the JKC is still being upheld by it's current admins so it's probably not a good idea to go there if advertising JoF is the only reason. If you're looking for the entire rest of the JKCommunity and want help with modding/ to organize matches/chat in a very laid-back environment/interact with other clans/use rosh's face as an emoji, then I'm sure they'll be happy to see you drop by though. JKC has a little of everything, all in one place, and is a great location to chill with the rest of your fellow jedis :D 

Link has been updated, thank you for pointing out it was out of date! I'm sure a fair few people have tried clicking it to their disappointment by now (it was supposed to be set to permanent, discord must have made a mistake somewhere). 

Futuza likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Link has been updated, thank you for pointing out it was out of date! I'm sure a fair few people have tried clicking it to their disappointment by now (it was supposed to be set to permanent, discord must have made a mistake somewhere). 

*Disney conspiracy theories intensify*

JKG Developer