In Which Condition Player Model Has A Glm Weapon Model In The Hand?

Go to solution Solved by AshuraDX,

I want to make this model holding the weapon. I want it because it will allow me to make an animation with changing placement of the weapon model. I can make Two cannon vehicle that will be shooting rockets from two cannons - The bone will change place from one cannon to another and model of the weapon will change too

daDi3Sz.jpg

This is not this two cannon vehicle but i just want to learn this... ijust cant acheive this.

mmm, should be icarus script about taking a md3 model with a specific tag (hand or other) if you see hoth3 cutscene level  a ragnos cultist call alora with a comlink on his hand.

modview also allow to load a weapon glm model into *r_hand tag.

I dont care about cutscenes... I care about the game. I wanted to put the repeater model inside of this droid. Now he is shooting from below .. even if i made skeleton with named bones.. i made tags *r_hand inside of his body - There is still no model he is still shooting from below. 

I dont care about cutscenes... I care about the game. I wanted to put the repeater model inside of this droid. Now he is shooting from below .. even if i made skeleton with named bones.. i made tags *r_hand inside of his body - There is still no model he is still shooting from below. 

i have bad feeling that the correct using of weapon models by a ghouls 2 model depend by 2 factor:

- rigged with humanoid skeleton (but assassin droids use the rifle without humanoid so i not think)

- correct body separation. i see that model without the separation into the 9 base meshes (head, torso, hips, l_leg, r_leg, r_arm, l_arm, l_hand, r_hand) cannot use the lightsaber.

maybe is the same with this droid.

also CLASS can have some weapon restriction.

what is class of npc file?

if it has custom animation, custom model detaching and custom skeleton the prolem lies in thats think, i guess.

i have bad feeling that the correct using of weapon models by a ghouls 2 model depend by 2 factor:

- rigged with humanoid skeleton (but assassin droids use the rifle without humanoid so i not think)

- correct body separation. i see that model without the separation into the 9 base meshes (head, torso, hips, l_leg, r_leg, r_arm, l_arm, l_hand, r_hand) cannot use the lightsaber.

maybe is the same with this droid.

also CLASS can have some weapon restriction.

what is class of npc file?

if it has custom animation, custom model detaching and custom skeleton the prolem lies in thats think, i guess.

Ok! Listen to This - I just removed whole body of the saber_droid. I exported the model - Only skeleton with the tags. Guess what? ..... Model is his hand. 

I rly starting to believe that tagging system works only with the skeleton that is made in a properly way... I even removed all tags and left r_hand tag only - Model is there. So i believe it is working with the skeleton.

Still doesnt work... i dont ... I made this for Worms model - It works ok .... It has new skeleton and i didnt named hierarchy parts like they should be named... and it worked ok. Worms is holding a gun in his hand. 

But here i just cant... make it to work. I made ne skeleton and new model for worms... and it works just fine.. but not with the droid :/

Still doesnt work... i dont ... I made this for Worms model - It works ok .... It has new skeleton and i didnt named hierarchy parts like they should be named... and it worked ok. Worms is holding a gun in his hand. 

But here i just cant... make it to work. I made ne skeleton and new model for worms... and it works just fine.. but not with the droid :/

Ehm, friend... can i see the hierarchy of modview of bones and meshes parents relation of the worm working model and droid not working model and their NPC files?

Ehm, friend... can i see the hierarchy of modview of bones and meshes parents relation of the worm working model and droid not working model and their NPC files?

Here. As i said before - Worms works fine.. even if i didn't called properly his parts... This is weird.

0lS4Ujy.jpg

That is one good point... Worms is using models/players/_humanoid_worm/_humanoid_worm.gla skeleton but droid uses models/players/cloudy_sent/anim.gla... The models like Assassin_droid could have their skeletons coded in the game... I dont know..

Here. As i said before - Worms works fine.. even if i didn't called properly his parts... This is weird.

0lS4Ujy.jpg

mmm, That is one good point... Worms is using models/players/_humanoid_worm/_humanoid_worm.gla skeleton but droid uses models/players/cloudy_sent/anim.gla... The models like Assassin_droid could have their skeletons coded in the game... I dont know..

funny and strange stuff. i like it. is for morin mod?

however... try to use hex editor for change gla path into glm file into models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid_cloudysent.gla 

i fear the troblem is that. maybe assassin droid gla is hardocoded. for what i have seen the assassin droid bubble shield is deep coded into source. all droid class of JKA are deeply coded into the AI files >.<

AI_assassin_droid, AI_sentry, AI_interrogator Etc etc.

class behavour is called on NPC_spawn.cpp and NPC.cpp . i see that same model have hardcoded stuff for tags and body parts.

like atst drivable, for example or tie fighter vehicle.

Langerd likes this

@@Langerd I had the same problem with my turntable - fixed it by making the gla path include _humanoid.

So you're on the right track

It works!!! Now He is shooting  from the cannon now! 

MwOJs7a.jpg

Looked inside the model and i can see the gun now. Many Thanks @@Asgarath83 and @@AshuraDX

r7IO00p.jpg

Now i can work with the animations and make something cool ! ^^ My point is Is that it is possible to move the tag of the weapon (The flash and placement of the gun model) with the movement of the bone. It is cool for making an enemy - A Big droid with two cannones and in one frame weapons is in the first cannon but in the other frame it is in the other cannon. I will test it soon! ^^

It works!!! Now He is shooting  from the cannon now! 

MwOJs7a.jpg

Looked inside the model and i can see the gun now. Many Thanks @@Asgarath83 and @@AshuraDX

r7IO00p.jpg

Now i can work with the animations and make something cool ! ^^ My point is Is that it is possible to move the tag of the weapon (The flash and placement of the gun model) with the movement of the bone. It is cool for making an enemy - A Big droid with two cannones and in one frame weapons is in the first cannon but in the other frame it is in the other cannon. I will test it soon! ^^

well this require a lot code work also. because you need to set droid like cultistcommando npc (so dual shoot weapon enabled ).

you can shoot weapons and spawn weapon models and force power by EVERY body parts you desire, not necessary the hands. you just need to move into the model project the bolt_l_hand and bolt_r_hand tag of the skeleton.

this work on some monster of my mod that have bolt_l_hand in mouth and so can shoot force power by mouth and bite (because the left hand saber is... an invisibkle bite saber XD lol )

also working on my fighter AI i see is possible if you build a custom AI of a droid to set other tag for shoot projectile.

on CLASS_FIGHTER fighters use the weapons, but i changed efx and snd weapons by code and in the code when fighter change weapon remove also the glm model of weapon so weapon is invisible. also the muzzle and hands tag i placed into the cannons of the tie fighter...

so it works.

well this require a lot code work also. because you need to set droid like cultistcommando npc (so dual shoot weapon enabled ).

you can shoot weapons and spawn weapon models and force power by EVERY body parts you desire, not necessary the hands. you just need to move into the model project the bolt_l_hand and bolt_r_hand tag of the skeleton.

this work on some monster of my mod that have bolt_l_hand in mouth and so can shoot force power by mouth and bite (because the left hand saber is... an invisibkle bite saber XD lol )

also working on my fighter AI i see is possible if you build a custom AI of a droid to set other tag for shoot projectile.

on CLASS_FIGHTER fighters use the weapons, but i changed efx and snd weapons by code and in the code when fighter change weapon remove also the glm model of weapon so weapon is invisible. also the muzzle and hands tag i placed into the cannons of the tie fighter...

so it works.

I dont want to code work ;) And Like i said - I will just make an animation where weapon switch place to make it look like the enemy will shoot from both sides. 

I dont want to code work ;) And Like i said - I will just make an animation where weapon switch place to make it look like the enemy will shoot from both sides. 

yes. i know.

really for me is outmatching work. never understood how to make animations. never >.<

good luck man! i hope you have success. :)

Langerd likes this