What Is The Most Fun You've Had In The Jk Games?

I can't decide when I had the most fun myself, but it has to be one of these five things:

*Messing around on obscure maps with a group of people in FA mode in Movie Battles II; DG clanmap is a fucking masterpiece, and I loved playing on a ported Jedi Outcast map whose name I keep forgetting (foresthouse or something?)

*Instagib in the Jawa clan. Not much more to be said about this one, I love it.

*Playing Siege - shame it is dead and has never been a particulary popular gamemode in JKA. Lots of potential, and I'd love to play some of the custom maps, but alas, far too few people cared about it.

*Makermod.

*Once upon a time, either in 2009 or 2010, me and a few other makermod players played through some Jedi Outcast singleplayer maps in Jedi Academy. It was broken as hell, and we had to use the console a few times to progress, but it was a hell lot of fun anyways to experience the JO nostalgia with others. Makes me wish to play real coop with a mod that allows it sometime.

Wasa and Smoo like this

Favorite moments hmm... 

* My days with The Order {O}, the original users of council GCX. Honestly the best years of my JKA experiance were spent there. The training, the roleplay, the structure was amazing.

* Mapping, honestly for many years now I've enjoyed mapping and or modding in general for this community. Got to meet a lot of amazing individuals over the last 15 years. 

* My Girlfriend. We actually met while I was still living in the states through JKA, about 5 years ago, decided this last year to make it official and I moved to holand to be with her. Honestly it's the best thing  I've achieved through JKA. 

Merek, SomaZ, Noodle and 2 others like this

The days when I was making machinima, which I'm trying to get back into now. I got as far as Episode I: The Phantom Menance before I had to stop thanks to both creative block and IRL. Back then, I had very limited options due to SFX/RGB sabers not being implemented yet, so I always replaced the red saber with a cyan blade. Seeing all blades give off a white trail was subpar at best, but it was all that could be used at the time, which makes me glad that that the source code for SP was finally released by Raven.

AngelModder likes this

The whole singleplayer of Jedi Outcast was a unique experience in my childhood,I had incredible times playing that game in SP and then MP. 

In JA, way back in the day, I had lots of fun jumping into random servers and seeing the different mods and maps they had. One of the most unique things for me was that you could chat with foreign people while you played. The only reason I can speak and write in english is because of all that time spent playing. 

I also had a lot of fun in clan .:MOO:. and seeing the incredible things Robophred achieved with lugormod. Though, what might have been the most fun I ever had was playing MBII with all my siblings and friends at the same time, there's just something incredibly satisfying in achieving things as a team. 

• 3 weeks later...

- Creating my stories, saving downloaded maps where I spawned NPCs and made my brother play them

- Creating little movies

- Mapping

- LAN with friends

- Makermod

- RolePlay with OJP Enhanced

- Racing with stormtroopers on swoop while running at g_speed 1800

Smoo and Wasa like this

Most fun...? Hmmm....

Playing JK Outcast and Academy is always fun.....but I will share my personal experience.

I've always wondered what happened with Luke after episode VI.

Then, back in 2003. I've discovered Outcast and Academy and I was like "OMG he's got his own Jedi school".....hell yeah! That was my first reaction....

2-3 years later....I've showed my little sister Outcast and Academy.....she was 7 yo back than...years have passed.....and right now......she is still playing JO and JA......and I'm so proud of my little sister..(her favorite character is TAVION)..that was warm feeling....and I was so proud of her as big brother. She used to call me "Master Desann". :D :D :D

Talking about fun....
I've discovered first mods back than....cheats....collecting them.....

I have never been interested in moding...I'm too lazy and stupid for that. I love game. I love single player and every mission, every planet is like a book or movie for me.

I made my first BIND few days ago....for example...right now my wife is enjoying watching Jedi Academy.....occasionally she joins... :D :D :D

It is always fun with STAR WARS.

Smoo likes this

• Being able to kill myself just by running/jumping into walls/ceilings/other objects (JK1)

Force Throw, Blinding & Destruction (JK1)

G_SaberRealisticCombat (JK2)

G_Knockback (JK2-JKA)

Swapping models and/or sounds (JK2-JKA)

The "Control <name>" command (JK2-JKA)

Adding extra effects to weapons (JKA)

Results from OpenJK's source code

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

My god, JKII was the funnest game I've ever played in my life. Not because of the singleplayer, but because of the Multiplayer. Some people think JK3 had the better multiplayer, I disagree. Feels much more rigid and stiff to control your character in JK3's MP than it does in JK2.

My playing skills always varied. Sometimes I would be able to kill the really good players, sometimes the really bad players killed me. I was hardly consistent. 

I joined several clans back in JK2, Like TS, briefly ATS, Finally to [DARK]. Dark's server is the only one that still gets traffick in JK2. Wierd because All of said players are 1.02 players. I was always 1.04 until the  I joined two others that died out. 

I loved to play on custom maps. Forest House, Country Roads, Grandflaw, any Shroomduck map and the Exploration/Expedition maps. This doesn't even include the many dozens I've forgotten their names. These were brand new worlds, some realistic and others complete fantasies, ridiculous fantasies. And I loved every bit of it. Playing as a lizard man against a stormtrooper both with red lightsabers, I knew nothing about Star Wars prior to this game and I loved just how much you could do. The game engine was better than anything I've ever seen before and the possibilities were endless.

JK2 1.02 was like this mysterious other world to me. It looked like JK2, sounded like JK2, but played hardly similar to the JK2 I knew. It did look so much fun though and 1.04 got trash talked so much by 1.02 players. I tried downgrading, but I could never get it to work without crashing and would have to reinstall. 1.02 Would continue to withhold the mystery until JK2 MV came out. When I first played 1.02, it felt a lot more flexible, but the rules changed too much and I couldn't get used to it. Funny thing though, my lvl 4 admin on Dark's 1.02 server still stands, so I'm usually the only admin that's ever on and people get confused when they see an invincible player doing nothing. They attack for a second than hop away. Course, I haven't played the MP in about half a couple months.

In the earliest days in whatever year I bought the game in late 06 or early 07, I was stuned when I discovered JK2 MP for the first time. It played so differently, and there were actual people? This was my first online game, so I has amazed. I quickly made a bunch of friends, all of which eventually stopped playing and I've never kept in touch with. The only JK2 player I can actually even still talk to is probably Boy/Daggolin, Dark's clan leader. Everyone else is gone. I'm pretty much gone too. I only sometimes play JK2/JK3 anymore, and it's usually singleplayer always.

I'm done with JK2. The memories I had playing this game were the best gaming experiences I ever had. All of the adventures on custom maps, all of the duels and fights, the explorations and servers and clans. All so nice. Nice but over.

Smoo likes this