Modwooty Server Gone

Hey, everyone! So some of you may know about or played Modwooty. There was one server that ran it for many years, but sadly it's now gone. Worse than that, the mod's website berealistic.com is gone, too. Thankfully, I anticipated this and downloaded and kept some of the mod files. I have the files for hosting a server, the source files, the optional client files (hadouken sound effects!) and what appears to be a custom map.

I emailed Bubba (the author) yesterday, but I doubt bubba@rubbernub.com is still used, so I'll probably have to wait 30 days without a reply, as per JKHub rules. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had other ways of contacting the man or if anyone has the mod's files saved somewhere, as well. It would be interesting to interview him, and so on, if we can somehow find him. And there might be different versions of the mod out there, so if someone has something, we should compare it to try and make sure we're upload the latest version of Modwooty.

Anyway, Modwooty nostalgia thread!

Smoo likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

In two weeks, you'll have it! Well, actually, I can send it to you sooner, I just can't upload it to JKHub yet. Will you really host a server?

Yeah defs. I had a powerduel server on v1.00 before lol was replica of an old server G-Mac House (use to be on same map)

• 3 months later...

Update! I've finally uploaded the mod files. Thanks to everyone for your kind feedback :) I want to remind you all that the source code is included, if anyone is crazy enough to check it out!

Unfortunately, I edited the submission and it seems JKHub requires it to be re-approved every time you edit it, so you might not be able to see it until they do. Hopefully it will be quick, though! I'll avoid editing in the future.

Smoo and Raz0r like this