Frankenstein - Should I Be Concerned About These Messages? (Blender)

Go to solution Solved by Kualan,

Hey folks.

I don't really post around here much, and I've tried to look around for assistance with this, however I can't find anything resembling a similar issue/ I don't much know about what I'm looking for in terms of remodelling. I have checked through the manual that came with the plugin for Blender but can't find much regarding this in there either.

I have always been knowledgeable when it comes to a standard reskin of a model and today, I decided over the course of the past 10 hours to test myself and have a go at this Frankenstein remodelling thing to merge two models together, in this case Alora's head from the alora2 model.glm to the jan model.glm's body. I've reskinned slightly to get a red hand and also made my icon and put everything together, also following this tutorial on YouTube for merging the models together in Blender here: 

The model works in-game, as I would hope, it also shows the in-game icon in the character select/ leaderboards, and just generally no problems whatsoever.

However, when I try to open the model in ModView, I get a couple of error messages about these things, and when looking back in Blender, I can't find any references to them, nor are there any references in the default .skin file so I am at a complete loss as to what I should be looking for to fix this. Below are a couple of screenshots of what I have done so far as well as the messages I get.

zoOzJWZ.png

TKrnHQo.png

p9R2Sv1.png

O9xIncX.png

EvQc422.jpg

Can anyone let me know what may be causing this/ how I can fix this? Thanks in advance, I love seeing everyone else's work that gets uploaded around here for this game. Keep up the good work.

TheDoctor

• Solution

Check the .skin file again, that message displaying means the .skin file has listed a surface that the .glm doesn't actually contain. Use CTRL+F to search for it.

This message will display in Modview even if the surface is listed as *off in the .skin file. Just delete the relevant entry.

TheDoctor likes this

Check the .skin file again, that message displaying means the .skin file has listed a surface that the .glm doesn't actually contain. Use CTRL+F to search for it.

This message will display in Modview even if the surface is listed as *off in the .skin file. Just delete the relevant entry.

Kualan explained it pretty much word for word. It can happen to new Frankensteiners if they are inexperienced with skin files. The good thing is it's an easy fix. ^_^

Thank you very much guys, this resolved the errors for me! I thought I'd messed up the parenting of the objects again or something. xD

TheWhitePhoenix likes this