Developer Thread: Linken

Hello all, and welcome to my KOTF development thread.

My part of the team mainly involves scripting and coding for the mod. I'm responsible for all NPCs as well as certain other code changes.

You can keep track of the progress of the NPCs in this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eu74OMSGNxxZzZ-uXlIk74e6QF8QqsQxbu5Mh04Yffw/edit#gid=0

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS TOPIC HOLDS ARCHIVED PROGRESS REPORTS FOR YOU TO VIEW AT YOUR LEISURE. NEW PROGRESS REPORTS WILL BE SEPERATE REPLIES.

KOTF Teaser Trailer:

Alternate Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9B5F8Bp40dTa3lvTUZvV040SW8

Maksman, TicNoel501 and dg1995 like this

Every character in the Multiplayer menu will feature a biography or description of some type, if I had a choice, I would've written a whole essay about them. Enjoy!

Han Solo:

unknown.png

Nien Nunb:

unknown.png

Count Dooku:

unknown.png

All current characters have a biography/description of some kind, can't wait for you all to read them!

Yes, they are all done, this is past work.  :P

dg1995, TicNoel501, Maksman and 2 others like this

Hello everyone, sorry for the late one today, traffic was terrible.

Today I would like to present to you all a new type of NPC featured in KotF: Generic Jedi NPCs.

Now what are Generic Jedi NPCs? Well, I'm glad you asked, you much-better-looking-than-me person.

Generic Jedi NPCs are NPCs that are designed to simulate the Jedi Knights of their respective eras. As of today, I have created two variants of Generic Jedi: KOTOR Jedi, and Prequel Jedi, with more to come. Each version will have 48 versions each, allowing for greater variety of gameplay as you create/fight your battles in KotF.

butwaitheresmore.jpg

Generic Jedi I'm especially proud of, perhaps a little bit more than creating the main characters. Using the power of OpenJK's code, I was able to create a random NPC spawner for each version, thus allowing for greater variety of gameplay, similar to the base game's jedi_random npc spawner, inputting the commands "Npc spawn kotor_jedi" or "Npc spawn prequel_jedi" will allow you to spawn a different Jedi each time!

PrUb5ag.jpg

Using the features in the UJP Models for KOTOR Jedi, each Jedi spawned with come in with a different colored tunic and Lightsaber. Unfortunately, this ability only applies to the UJP models, and does not work for the female variants, as we’re using female jedi customization (Perhaps a team member can fix this?).

While the Prequel Jedi (which use Spanki’s Jedi Customization and Female Jedi Customization) have set models and colors, they have a special feature which I’m especially proud of. As we all know, Jedi shown in the prequel trilogy only ever use a Blue or Green Lightsaber (excluding Mace Windu and Jedi Temple Guards), originally, I had only planned on following a certain pattern with the blade colors (blue, blue, green, green, and so on), but I felt this was too predictable, and would cause players to lose immersion. So after some tweaking in the OpenJK code, I have created a brand new NPC saber color called “prequel_random”, which will guarantee that any and all Prequel Jedi npcs will spawn with either a blue or green lightsaber, even if you decide to spawn in the same npc twice, while the npc model and saber would be the same, the blade can either be blue or green.

I made a short video for you all showing off the features of the generic Jedi.

You'll notice in the beginning me using the prequel_jedi command, the game randomly selects 1 of the 48 prequel jedi npcs to spawn in. After I cut them all down, using the awesome power of god mode, you'll then see me use the command to spawn a specific prequel Jedi I want, each prequel jedi can be spawned specifically by typing in "Npc spawn prequel_jedi#", where the # is replaced with a number between 1 and 48.

After that, I spawn in the same prequel Jedi npc twice, and as you can see, it's the same npc, but with a different saber color (talk about friendly fire though?).

Then I move onto KOTOR Jedi, at first they all start with yellow, but of course this is totally randomized, I may tweak the code later and make it so only KOTOR Jedi can spawn in with either Blue, Green, or Yellow, depending on community feedback. Finally, the same KOTOR Jedi npc is spawned three times, and the tunic and saber color are all different.

But of course, you can view the video here.

Hopefully you all enjoyed this little teaser of the generic Jedi npcs, I have many more planned, and I can't wait to show them off to you. Of course all major credit is due to the authors that created these models, otherwise these NPCs would never have been possible in the first place. Additionally I'd like to thank the developers of OpenJK, and @JaceSolarisVIII for teaching me how to make random npc spawners in the first place!

Unfortunately I was unable to use today to create more NPCs for the Rebellion, hopefully I can get some more done and update you all on my progress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Figured today I'll post some more screenshots. Currently at school on a break, will hopefully work on NPCs later tonight.

DISCLAIMER: Models are subject to change, we have a team working on finding replacements for some models, also I haven't done proper scaling for most npcs, only really just started while working on the C.I.S. I will be fixing that before beta release.

Revan Reborn vs Satele Shan

shot0001.jpg

The crew of the Ebon Hawk (KOTOR 1), I don't have Canderous made yet. Tried to give Carth dual pistols, but he only gets them if spawned as an enemy. Yes, T3 fires his blaster....sometimes.

shot0002.jpg

The crew of the Ebon Hawk (KOTOR 2), I forgot to add in Kreia, don't worry, she's made! Additionally, I don't have Canderous/Mandalore, or Mira made yet. We don't have a model of Mical/Disciple. Each Force Sensitive has a Jedi variant.

shot0003.jpg

Darth Malak's Sith Empire! Forgot to add in the Sith Troopers though. You'll notice two sith in the background wearing black, that's Uthar Wynn and Darth Bandon.

shot0005.jpg

The Sith Triumvirate: Darth Sion, Darth Traya, and Darth Nihilus

shot0006.jpg

The Resurgent Sith Empire: Imperial Trooper, Sith Warrior, Darth Malgus, Sith Investigator (with 8 versions!), and Sith Eradicator.

shot0007.jpg

Good ol' Delta Squad, I considered giving them all a DC-15 rifle, but in the end I decided to give them a weapon that best suited their personality. Scorch likes blowing things up, so he gets a rocket launcher. Fixer I gave a shotgun, Sev gets a sniper rifle, for the obvious reason. And Boss himself gets the DC-15.

shot2017-03-13_13-38-00.jpg

Members of the 501st Legion, Air Recon (with working Jetpack!), 501st ARC Trooper, and 501st Assassin.

shot2017-03-13_13-39-33.jpg

501st Sharpshooter, 501st Heavy trooper, and 501st Grenadier/Demolitions

shot2017-03-13_13-39-44.jpg

Clone Commando Gregor

shot2017-03-13_13-40-30.jpg

Ahsoka Tano, Quinlan Vos, Barriss Offee (with Dark side variants), Yarael Poof (we don't have his saber in the mod yet, we will be adding it eventually), Even Piell (again, will add his real saber in eventually)

shot2017-03-13_13-47-46.jpg

Plo Koon (with both movie and Clone Wars variants), Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura, Eeth Koth, Agen Kolar

shot2017-03-13_13-47-58.jpg

Jedi Temple Guard, Depa Billaba, and Coleman Trebor. We don't have Depa Billaba's actual lightsaber, I gave her Kanan's saber, they look very similar.

shot2017-03-13_13-48-14.jpg

Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi (With variants across all 3 prequels), Anakin (With episode 2, 3, and vader variants, a whopping 11 npcs!), Qui-Gon Jinn, and Shaak Ti

shot2017-03-13_13-48-41.jpg

If I don't post a progress report today, hopefully this is enough to sate your appetites!

-----------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 3/22/17

NPCs Made

• Kyle Katarn (Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2, Dark Forces 2 (Light Side), Mysteries of the Sith)
  • Mara Jade (Jedi Knight, Emperor's Hand)
  • Mon Calamari Generals (Ackbar, Gee, Terpfen, Rieek, Vigo Morn)
  • Garm Bel Iblis
  • Kanan Jarrus (Needs model replacing + blind variants)
  • Hera Syndulla

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 639

As always, you can view the npcs I have made thus far on: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eu74OMSGNxxZzZ-uXlIk74e6QF8QqsQxbu5Mh04Yffw/edit#gid=0

-----------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 3/25/17

NPCs Made

• Galen Marek/Starkiller (Includes TFU, TFU II, and Sith Stalker variants, even the aberrant clones)
  • Juno Eclipse (Rebel and Empire versions)
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Imperial Assassin
  • Imperial Agent of Evil
  • Imperial Technician
  • Imperial Gunner (with gunner technician variant)
  • Imperial Sniper
  • Imperial Shock Trooper

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 634

As always you can see what NPCs have been made/are being made here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eu74OMSGNxxZzZ-uXlIk74e6QF8QqsQxbu5Mh04Yffw/edit?usp=sharing

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: PLEASE READ

So far the poll is giving me the data I need to decide what do going forward with the Imperial Officer npcs, but as a man of my word, I won't tally the votes until all other Empire npcs are completed.

As it stands right now, it appears that you all favor a random NPC spawner for Imperial Officers. I am updating the poll to ask how many variants each per officer you would like. In the interest of gender equality, I will be only allowing votes for even numbers of Imperial Officer npcs.

Start voting! And if you haven't voted previously and want your input on KOTF to be considered, please vote and make your voice heard.

Thank you all for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, and may the Force be with you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 3/28/17

NPCs Made

• Imperial Officer NPCs (6 variants, 3 male and 3 female, for each type, Imperial, Impofficer, and Impcommander, with a random NPC spawner, replaces original Imperial officer npcs)
  • Rey (Default, Scavenger gear, Resistance, Lightsaber, needs Quarterstaff)
  • Finn (Default, Lightsaber, FN-2187)
  • Poe Dameron (Jacket, Pilot gear w or w/o helmet)
  • Han Solo
  • General Leia Organa
  • Luke Skywalker (Unrobed, Robed, and Hooded)
  • Kylo Ren (Unmasked and Masked)
  • Captain Phasma
  • First Order Stormtrooper (Normal and Officer variants)

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 679

As always you can see what NPCs have been made/are being made here: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

With this update, the Galactic Empire, Resistance, and The First Order are completed, and thus ends the production of NPCs for all major factions. Tomorrow, I hope to put a good dent in the Bounty Hunter npcs. I also plan to hopefully create a special class for Jango Fett, enabling him to use two pistols like a cultist commando, but also have the use of a jetpack, flamethrower, all that good stuff.

Of course these special features I hope to implement in the future after all of the npcs are completed, I have many hopes for these npcs, such as giving them weapons unique to their era/faction, but we'll have to see how things go from then on.

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, and may the Force be with you.

Progress Report: 3/30/17

NPCs Made

• Jabba the Hutt
  • Bib Fortuna
  • Ootyr
  • Rodian Male (two versions only)
  • Rodian Female
  • HK-50
  • HK-51 (An ally)
  • RAB-24
  • Hondo Ohnaka
  • Swoop Gang Member (6 variants, will not make a random npc spawner)
  • Gamorrean
  • Gran (Mainly changed the model to the RGB type, so they'll be unique each time)
  • Mother Talzin (Has a variant with and without a sword, non-sword npc is bugged like Palpatine, but I know how to fix it)
  • Bith
  • Boss Nass
  • Jar Jar Binks
  • Gungan
  • Bothans (2 normal civilians, and 1 rebel affiliated, many Bothans died, to bring us these npcs)

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 729

As always you can see what NPCs have been made/are being made here: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

With this update, the Pirate npcs have been completed, and work has already begun on Civilians. I have discovered a way to make npcs remain neutral unless they, or their friends, are attacked, and I've applied this method to a number of npcs, including, but not limited to, the two rodians, gamorreans. Any other npcs that just don't do anything except stand there have this code as well, and with the discovery of this I'll be implementing this on a few npcs I've already made, mainly Senators, and a few other persons of interest.

The day draws closer with every progress report, and once npcs are done, I'll start work on the launcher.

Also I made Jar Jar invincible....  :lol: jk, almost scared you there, didn't I?

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, and may the Force be with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 3/31/17

NPCs Made

• Chiss (Blue, red, and default versions, does NOT override the chiss bartender)
  • Devaronian
  • Ewok (3 "default" variations, Wicket W. Warrick, and Chief Chirpa)
  • Garindan
  • Geonosian (No, they don't fly)

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 740

I do apologize for the small amount of npcs I got done today, but I promise I did something cool! A minor problem with the mod has been fixed, all allied npcs now have the ability to dual-wield blaster pistols, meaning Captain Rex and Carth Onasi now hold two pistols as was intended. I looked around a bit more, and I think it may be possible to have Cad Bane and Jango dual wield, it'll just take a bit of effort. Additionally, I took some time to fix some pre-existing npcs, after I discovered the neutral and weaponless npc method, which took a little too much time. Hopefully I may be able to modify the code a bit to make it possible for WP_None to work as intended, and not have the npc spawn in with a blaster rifle (never understood that).

I hope to have the remaining civilian npcs finished by the end of the weekend, but of course, real life is unpredictable, and things can happen to stall my work, but I promise to get the npcs done as soon as possible, and get us closer to the beta release.

Working on the npcs so far has been a lot of fun for me, the whole scale of everything we've been able to accomplish, with the power of OpenJK, is nothing short of incredible. Sometimes I find myself goofing around while playing this, just spawning a number of npcs and watching them duke it out in fierce battles. The second Kyle Katarn actor, Jason Court, from Dark Forces II, once said this in an interview:

"I played it and easily forgot I had anything to do with creating it, and got totally lost in the gameplay"

Full interview here: http://starwarsinterviews1.blogspot.com/2010/03/jason-court-interview-kyle-katarn-star.html

I have those feelings too, even as a developer for this mod, and I hope that you all feel the same thing too when playing the single player mode for the first time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 4/1/17

NPCs Made

• Ithorian (6 variants)
  • Jawa (Replaced Jawas with updated Jawa model, Jawa_armed is now equipped with a demp2 and no longer crashes)
  • Mustafarian
  • Duros (6 variants)
  • Rakata (The One, Black Rakata, Rakata Elders)
  • Dug (2 variants + Sebulba)
  • Selkath (6 variants, 3 civilians and 3 crazed)
  • Sullustan
  • Tusken Raider (Replaced base models with updated models, otherwise unchanged)
  • Twi'lek Male (3 variants)
  • Twi'lek Female (5 variants + Twin suns assassins Teer'aa and Seer'aa)
  • Tarfull
  • Wookiee (Default, albino, 6 warriors)
  • Watto
  • Civilian Battle Droid (5 variants)

NPCs improved

• Jango Fett

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 796

With this update, all civilian npcs are for the most part completed (some tweaking is needed). Additionally, I am pleased to announce (no this isn't another April Fools prank, I swear) the successful creation of a new NPC class, CLASS_MANDALORIAN. As this may sound exciting, in reality it isn't really; while class will allow accurate representations of Jango Fett and the Mandalorian NPCs, in reality, it's moreorless the Boba Fett class, only than you can kill it this time without scripts. Jango also gets to keep his dual pistols while fighting, as well as a good old flamethrower and jetpack, making him and his "son" a force to be reckoned with.

At the moment, CLASS_MANDALORIAN cancels out the Blaster Rifle of the class, I am hoping to figure out a way so that only Jango gets the dual pistols whereas all other individuals get blaster rifles, I'm sure there's a way, I'll probably spend a good long while trying to figure it out.

My only real complaint about Jango now is that he doesn't as aggressively fire his dual pistols, but perhaps that's also a side effect with Boba, since Boba isn't particularly aggressive either, but this can of course just be nitpicking, Jango will take effort, just like Boba to defeat. I plan to reuse the Mandalorian class on Cad Bane, and all Mandalorians with a Jetpack, hopefully they will turn out fine, if not, I'll simply make CLASS_MANDALORIAN a CLASS_JANGOFETT instead, and recycle CLASS_MANDALORIAN, but hopefully I won't have to do that.

P.S. Dat April Fools Prank tho

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 4/5/17

NPCs Made

• Mandalore (The Preserver, Fett, and Sith)
  • Canderous Ordo
  • Pre Vizsla (Helmet and no helmet, darksaber either way!  ^_^)
  • Shae Vizla (Helmet, ally, no helmet)
  • Deviant Mandalorian (Default, blue, and red)
  • Male Mandalorian (Death Watch, two RGB variants)
  • Female Mandalorian (Death Watch, two RGB variants
  • Mandalorian Neo-Crusader (Blue, Red, Gold, and Silver, with allied variants)
  • A'den Skirata

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 823

I'm pleased to announce that the Mandalorian npcs have begun development. However, there is a problem. Hardcoded in JKA's source code, the Class_BobaFett is only ever hardcoded as an enemy npc. Even if a Class_BobaFett npc is made and set to the player team, the npc will still attack the player, and any allied npc nearly will also attack the player, but not Boba. If anyone may know what line of code causes Boba to behave this way toward the player, please please please tell me so this can be fixed with the Class_Mandalorian, who behaves exactly identical to Boba, they can just be killed at will.

Additionally, areas for jetpacks and (more noticeably) flamethrowers haven't been mapped onto the Mandalorian models with jetpacks. We do have a team member that should be able to fix this issue, but until then, the Mandos have a pretty nasty case of "Flamethrower crotch".

There are few votes in the polls, please vote if you haven't! Tell your friends, your family, your brother, sister, mother, father, cat, dog, anyone! Vote, and make your feedback heard!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 4/6/17

NPCs Made

• Atin Skirata
  • Corr
  • Darman Skirata
  • Fi Skirata
  • Gotab/Bardan Skirata
  • Ijaat Skirata
  • Ini Skirata
  • Jaing Skirata
  • Kal Skirata
  • Kom'rk Skirata
  • Mereel Skirata
  • Munin Skirata
  • Niner Skirata
  • Ordo Skirata
  • Prudii Skirata
  • Ruusaan Skirata
  • Tor Skirata
  • Venku Skirata
  • Walon Vau
  • SWTOR Jedi (48 variants)

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 890

I'm pleased to announce that the Mandalorian npcs have completed development, and only the generic SWTOR Sith, Legacy Jedi, and Legacy Sith remain to be created. After tallying up the results, here are what you can expect.

1. KOTOR Jedi will have all jedi random colors
  2. SWTOR Jedi will have all jedi random colors, and some will even hold dual or staff lightsabers.
  3. SWTOR Sith will be set to only use Red, Purple, and Orange lightsabers
  4. Legacy Jedi and Sith will be made unique.

Additionally, the CLASS_MANDALORIAN class, with the help of @@MGummelt has been fixed and now works (almost) properly. Unfortunately there is a bug that will force any flying Mandalorian to use their Jetpack and never come back down, so use them wisely when you get a chance, not sure if it's possible to fix, just don't jump up on any high ledges if you're playing with Clan Skirata! =P . In any event, I would like to thank you all for your patience and feedback for this mod, it's been valuable as we near our beta release, I promise! This is worth the wait!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report: 4/7/17

NPCs Made

• SWTOR Sith (48 variants)

NPCs Changed

• Sith Warrior (Less health, random sith saber color)
  • Sith Investigator (Less health, downgraded force powers, upgraded other force powers, random sith saber color)
  • Sith Eradicator (Less health, downgraded force powers, upgraded force powers)

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 938

I'm pleased to announce that the creation of a new NPC saber color has been added, called swtor_sith_random. With this saber color, all SWTOR Sith, including Sith Warriors and Investigators will have either a red, orange, or purple lightsaber color, Eradicators will remain completely red, as shown in the trailers.

There's not much else to this update, aside from the fact that it's official that we will be breaking 1,000 npcs!   :winkthumb:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report 4/10/17

NPCs made

• Legacy-era Jedi (48 variants)

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 986

With the legacy-era Jedi completed, all that remains are the One Sith of Darth Krayt's Empire. But right now I must call upon the community for assistance.

Anyone that knows anything about .weather files, how does one go about making one from entity modding maps that have weather zones?

Tomorrow I'll hopefully have the One sith completed, then I'll move onto scaling and general improvements.

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, may the Force be with you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report 4/11/17

While work has begun on the Legacy-era Sith, I felt it necessary to take a step back from them for a little bit, try to figure out the best way to implement them. In the meantime, I felt that today would be a good day to show off some of the npcs.

On advice from @ I decided to create a few mock battles, and see what the results would be.

Battle #1: Kit Fisto + 4 Clone Troopers vs. General Grievous (Four Arms)

Battle #2: Asajj Ventress + Savage Opress vs. Count Dooku

Battle #3: Maul + Savage Opress vs. Darth Sidious

While each npc is stuck to their Jedi Academy AI, I tried my best to give npcs the powers that they would likely have, around the time they had them, for example: Episode 2 Anakin does not have Force Choke, while Episode 3 Anakin does, Episode 3 Anakin will never have Force Lightning (Never understood why he was depicted with it). Additionally, Dooku and Vader will only walk while moving normally (they'll still leap). Bunch of other things with these npcs, and of course once the beta is released and you all have the chance to play with the npcs yourself, I am willing to bet that many of the npcs will face criticism and people will ask for buffs and nerfs. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, may the Force be with you.

P.S.: There aren't ally and enemy variants of each NPC, I used niko's scripts, found here: https://jkhub.org/files/file/3206-singleplayer-runscripts/ Thank you @@Nikomaru14 !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report 4/12/17

NPCs Made

• Legacy-era Sith (48 variations)

With this announcement, all npcs have been created. However, take this with a grain of salt, as we have a number of model additions planned which will likely require even more npcs. Until that time comes however, I'll be spending time improving the npcs, giving thme accurate model scales and such. I may have an announcement coming in the near future concerning the npcs. I have a few ideas planned, but I won't attempt to implement them just yet.

Additionally I have to break the promise of me providing a cutscene for KOTF for you all to enjoy. To make up for it, I decided to record and post a video on YouTube of the first ever cutscene I ever made. I had wanted to create a total conversion mod based on an old adventure I had back on SWTOR, but never finished it (because I suck). Despite this, I hope you all enjoy this cutscene. Maybe once KOTF is released fully and if enough people are interested, I may attempt to create this total conversion as DLC for KOTF.

Yes, I did all of the voices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress Report 4/13/17

NPCs Improved

• All TOR Npcs (Scaling, name changes)
  • All TSE Npcs (Scaling, name changes)
  • All Republic Npcs (Scaling, name changes, class changes, team changes

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 1034

General improvements have been made to the NPCs, mostly model scalings and names for those curious later to go peeking inside the files. However, after starting up the game, I noticed that the game would crash while trying to load in a map. Upon further investigation, I have discovered our final NPC limit: 985 (does not include vehicles). Fortunately, this will prove to be an easy fix. To remedy this issue, I have decided to reduce the number of variations of all Generic Jedi and Sith npcs from 48 down to 30, thus removing a total of 108 npcs. The reduction should allow us to still give you, the player, the same immersive experience I'm hoping you all get, and a greatly reduced chance of crashing.

At the moment, I do not have any of the new menus in my assets, I am praying that once I receive the new additions @@Fire Phoenix is working on, it will not affect the game and will still allow you all to have the most immersive star wars experience possible.

Once the models have been replaced, I will likely have some polls up for community feedback, so keep an eye out on this topic for later details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a little bit, I'll be putting up some more polls, kept up for a much longer period of time than last time.

With the npcs completed, I'm seeking out new ways to improve them to hopefully reach that level of quality appropriate for KOTF. With this poll, I want to get the community's feedback on possible NPC classes exclusive to KOTF, and see if you, the community, the fans, would like to see some new classes, what they would do, as well as which npcs will likely run off this class.

1. CLASS_CLONETROOPER: This class would create a soldier class that would (in theory) move around the NPC's enemy and attempt to take them out. The class would also permit a low, random chance for the NPC to dodge blaster fire, but will not allow the NPC to use acrobatics like cartwheels and somersaults. Finally, the npcs, if given the proper rank, can dual-wield pistols. Weapons cannot be pulled.

NPCs affected by this class: All Clones (excluding snipers), Revan and Meetra Surik's companions, Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders.

2. CLASS_KOTOR: This class would create a soldier class that would allow the NPC to move around the NPC's enemy and attempt to take them out. Unlike CLASS_CLONETROOPER, CLASS_KOTOR will have no chance of dodging blaster fire, but would instead have the ability to switch between a blaster and a vibroblade/lightsaber, depending on distance from its enemy. Weapons can be pulled.

NPCs affected by this class: KOTOR Soldiers, Sith Troopers, SWTOR Republic Soldiers, SWTOR Imperial Troopers.

These suggestions aren't final, and are subject to change. I also welcome any suggestions for any special npc classes you have in mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 4/18/17

I'm currently working on the CLONETROOPER class, and I'm pleased to announce that our missing lightsabers have been added by the great @@Fire Phoenix and have been sent to me to work on. Some lightsabers have been replaced, and some of the saber codes have been replaced and moved around as a result, so I'll be spending a good chunk of Wednesday, April 19th to correct the npcs and make sure they all have their respective lightsabers. Once the Clone Trooper class has been implemented and tested thoroughly, I will apply it to all npcs, and I will post exactly which npcs have been changed because of this.

Additionally, I would like to announce that pre-production for our own "Ultimate Trailer" has begun. I have nothing to share with you all right now, but stay tuned for further updates!

---------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 5/2/17

I am pleased to announce that class_clonetrooper is finally completed......sort of! I can't stop them from spam firing without them losing their effectiveness against Jedi during Order 66. But they no longer alt fire! As we may or may not remember from Revenge of the Sith, Clones were highly effective against Jedi.....why did they switch them out for Stormtroopers exactly? 

Anyway! I'll probably record a video tomorrow showcasing the class. I may or may not allow them to switch to Thermal Detonators if the player is a far enough distance away, or maybe allow the clones to switch to melee if their weapon is taken away. But for now, I'm content with how they are right now, and I've spent far too much time on them.

--------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 5/4/17

Happy Star Wars Day fellow KOTF followers! Today if you log into any KOTF server, we'll give you 10% your next order of chicken nuggets! No that's not a typo, we'll literally take 90% of your chicken nuggets, and leave you with 10%. Call it a "donation" if you would.   :P

In all seriousness though, I didn't really do anything today in regards to the mod, decided to take a break after that horrible experience with making class_clonetrooper. However, production has at last begun on the trailer! While I really really want to show you all what I've put together so far, I feel by doing that it would take away from the experience of watching the full trailer once it comes out.

Also it has a fake release date on it so far, don't want to get your hopes up for nothing!

Tomorrow I'll start work on replacing npc classes as necessary, please keep in mind that this change will only be put upon Clones that either use their trusty DC-15 Rifle, or any other type of blaster rifle, this class will also allow for dual wielding, something I'm very excited to see in action once I start changing things around.

Please keep in mind that class_clonetrooper will never be applied to snipers, grenadiers, and heavy weapons (rocket launcher) users to allow for more balanced gameplay.

Now let me quickly go over what class_kotor does in case any of you forgot.

Class_KOTOR will perform almost the same tasks as class_clonetrooper (moving around the player and maybe dodging blaster fire/lightsabers), but will also be given the ability to switch between three weapons; Vibroblade, Blaster Rifle, and Thermal Detonators.

If we all remember the behavior of enemies in KOTOR and KOTOR II, if you elect to use a melee weapon on a Sith Trooper, they would switch to a vibroblade for a more "even" playing field. I want to bring that experience to KOTF as best as I can, so how it should work is like this: If the player is within or near melee range of the enemy npc, they will switch to a vibroblade. Should the player or npc create enough distance, the npc will then switch to an ordinary blaster, finally, if the player and npc are a significant distance away, then the npc will switch to a thermal detonator.

Doing this will reduce the number of npcs we have for the mod, but not by much. I may consider allowing class_clonetrooper npcs to use thermal detonators at a distance, but this will have to be tested greatly.

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, and may the Fourth be with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 5/6/17

At long last we have acquired all replacement models we're potentially going to add into the mod. The team and I will be spending a few days going through them and making sure they're suitable for the mod. Today we went through our replacement models, and some models you can expect to see replaced are:

• Han Solo
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Phantom Menace)
  • Galen Marek
  • General Grievous
  • And several more!

Of course we have some brand new models that we're adding to the mod, thanks to the talents of many creators out there, myself and the team can't thank you all enough for your support. Some additions we'll potentially have are:

• Director Krennic
  • Nahdar Vebb
  • Sora Bulq
  • Agent Kallus
  • And again, many more!

I'll be taking a break from npc improvements until all models that we're replacing are finalized and tweaked to suit the mod's needs. Hopefully Sunday or Monday, Tuesday at the latest I'll get started on Class_KOTOR. 

Additionally, I would like to announce that we have taken on two more members of our team. Nerdman3000, who will be assisting us with 2d art including but not limited to textures and splash art, and DiegoJK, who will be assisting this mod in a currently unknown-to-me role. Of course if you would like to assist in the mod, please apply in the development section, or shoot myself, Fire Phoenix, or jesus1920 a message expressing an interest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT, PLEASE READ

Hey guys! Don't worry! The mod isn't going anywhere, this isn't a case of bad news happening!

With my major work with the mod at a standstill right now, and with new models on the horizon coming into KOTF, there isn't very much for me to do in terms of development until the models are in the game. Yes, I still need to make CLASS_KOTOR, but it's nothing to do with that, and can be worked on off and on over time until the major updates are in the mod.

So in conclusion, until the models are put in the mod, I have very little to work on, so I'll be working on the mod off and on, I'm not leaving the mod, I'll still be doing little things, but nothing worthy of a progress report.

Hopefully the next progress report I can give you all a full list of models we're replacing and adding, but until then, stay tuned!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, with development of the mod still on hold, I still want people to feel as part of this fine community. In an earlier page of this thread, I showed off battles having some npcs square off in epic NPC battles. Now I want another excuse to show off the npcs, so I would like to show off a few new NPC battles. That's where you come in!

If you have an idea of an NPC battle you'd like to see, send me a Private Message here on the hub telling me what match-ups you'd like to see. It can be anything you want, be it Vader vs. Qui-Gon, or Palpatine vs 20 clone troopers. Let your imagination run wild!

Please keep in mind that I'll only accept ideas over private messages since I don't want this thread to clutter up more than it already is, and you're limited to only 5 ideas, else I'll only read the first five fights you have written down. I will record the best 3 fights, and post them on here by Monday, May 15th, 2017.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The results are in! Let the debates end once and for all!

PROGRESS REPORT: 5/16/17

NPCs Improved

• KOTOR Jedi (NPC variations reduced from 48 to 30)
  • Legacy Jedi (NPC variations reduced from 48 to 30)
  • Legacy Sith (NPC variations reduced from 48 to 30)
  • Prequel Jedi (NPC variations reduced from 48 to 30)
  • SWTOR Jedi (NPC variations reduced from 48 to 30)
  • SWTOR Sith (NPC variations reduced from 48 to 30)

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 926

As promised I reduced the amount of variations for all generic Jedi and Sith npcs from 48 to 30 to prevent crashing. With the count standing at 926, it'll allow us to create npcs out of the new models we're planning on using, given us a range of exactly 59 extra npcs for us to make in case of an emergency. Should this number prove too little, I may consider reducing the generic Jedi and Sith npcs, possibly even outright removing Legacy-era Jedi and Sith entirely. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Thank you all for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, and may the Force be with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 5/20/17

At last, we've hit a massive milestone and we have added some new models. Here is the full list for your convenience;

Replaced Models

• Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3)
  • Barriss Offee
  • Airborne Clone
  • Kit Fisto
  • Galen Marek/Starkiller (Numerous outfits)
  • Grand Moff Tarkin
  • General Grievous
  • Han Solo (All Episodes + variants)
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Luke Skywalker (A New Hope)
  • Luminara Unduli
  • Mace Windu
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episodes 1 and 2)
  • Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Sabine Wren
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn

Additional Model Variants

• Agen Kolar w/ robe
  • Chewbacca w/ C-3P0 on back
  • Darth Maul (Season 5, Shirtless)
  • Eeth Koth w/ robe
  • Kanan Jarrus (Season 3)
  • Rahm Kota (TFU 2)
  • Lando Calrissian (Cloud City, General, Jabba Thug)
  • Yoda (Episode 1, 2, and 3)
  • Sheev Palpatine (Episode 1, 2, Invisible Hand)
  • Quinlan Vos
  • Saesee Tiin (Robed)

Brand New Models

• Agent Kallus
  • Ahsoka Tano (Rebels)
  • Baze Malbus
  • Bodhi Rook
  • Cassian Andor
  • Chirrut Imwe
  • Death Trooper
  • Director Orson Krennic
  • Eighth Brother
  • Fifth Brother
  • Ima Gun Di
  • Jyo Erso
  • Lieutenant Lyste
  • Nahdar Vebb
  • Pablo-Jill
  • Seventh Sister
  • Sora Bulq
  • Tiplee/Tiplar
  • Master Halsey
  • K'kruhk

All of us on the team are extremely grateful to the talented individuals that created these models, and of course each model here will be given an NPC variant. The google doc, found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eu74OMSGNxxZzZ-uXlIk74e6QF8QqsQxbu5Mh04Yffw/edit#gid=0 will be updated shortly to reflect this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 5/23/2017

Today, I'm excited to announce that with the talent of new team member @@The New Order, we have coded the famous SFX sabers into the game way ahead of schedule!

Have a look!

shot2017-05-23_22-05-02.jpg

Additionally, we've also upgraded our version of OpenJK to something more recent so hopefully players of all operating systems can enjoy this mod when we finally release.

Also I want to thank the original authors for their hard work in putting together these blades.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 5/25/17

@@Domino5555 Yep!

Today another major milestone has been hit. I would've posted this yesterday, but I needed permission from the author of this effect. After blood, sweat, tears, and even more tears, I was able to code in Kylo Ren's unstable red lightsaber blade as its own thing into KOTF. The effect originally only ever worked by overriding the base red lightsaber, but with the power of OpenJK, I've now made it stand on its own.

Have a look!

shot2017-05-24_22-21-18.jpg

The color will be available to you, the players, as you seen fit, and the command will be "unstable_red" when we release. Additionally, as it stands right now, Kylo Ren will be the only npc that uses this blade effect. Finally, the effect is also compatible with the SFX sabers and will change if the command "cg_SFXSabers 1" is fired off.

Maksman, TicNoel501 and Smoo like this

PROGRESS REPORT 6/1/17

Happy 1st day (or 2nd day for some of you) of June everyone! The team and I have been hard at work. @@Fire Phoenix and @@J19 have been working on packing the new models, we even have some brand new models that I did not list on my earlier list of new models, so stay tuned for a more complete list once the task is finished. With school wrapping up for the remainder of the team, we'll be able to devote more time on the mod and hopefully have the beta released to you guys sometime this summer.

@@The New Order has also been hard at work, taking some much needed initiative on the project, and has coded in the RGB saber feature from JK: Enhanced. However, with this new feature, it has also caused a major issue with the mod, and has made the default saber blades, plus the new blades we are adding in (Unstable Red, TFU Black, Ahsoka Tano's yellow-green), incompatible with it. If we are unable to fix this issue, I will be putting up a new poll for some community feedback to see which version you guys would prefer, but for now, please stand by.

Here some screenshots showing off the RGB blades at work, again I'd like to thank the JK: Enhanced team for making this possible.

Screen_Shot_2017-05-30_at_1.37.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-30_at_1.38.24_PM_1.p

Screen_Shot_2017-05-30_at_1.34.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-30_at_1.34.30_PM_1.p

I would like to apologize for not posting a progress report earlier in the week, I wanted to wait until the lightsabers were completed done before posting, but clearly that was not meant to be the case for me. Hopefully the next progress report will be something more exciting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT 6/3/17

With a lot of hard work from both myself and @@The New Order, I am pleased to announce that all efforts with the SFX sabers have proved fruitful. As of right now, the mod comes equipped with full RGB support, as well as two new lightsaber blades: Kylo Ren's unstable red, and the TFU Black Lightsaber.

I would like to thank the JK:Enhanced team for their hard work in making the SFX sabers a reality, as well as a very user friendly menu to tie it all up with. Additionally, JKHub member @@Darth Martyr was responsible for the creation of the unstable red blade, and @@dark_apprentice was responsible for the creation of the original effect for the TFU Black Lightsaber.

Links to both effects; TFU Black: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2284-sw-7-blade-tfu-blade-ver2-by-dark-apprentice/ , Unstable Red:  https://jkhub.org/fi...rens-lightsaber

Here's how they look in game, including RGB, with SFX turned on

Unstable Red:

shot2017-06-03_22-57-09.jpg

TFU Black:

shot2017-06-03_22-57-22.jpg

RGB:

shot2017-06-03_22-58-05.jpgshot2017-06-03_22-58-18.jpgshot2017-06-03_22-58-30.jpgshot2017-06-03_22-58-59.jpgshot2017-06-03_23-00-01.jpg

Additionally, with a switch over in source code, I was able to make more improvements to CLASS_CLONETROOPER, and as it is right now, I do believe that it has reached a level of quality where I can put it aside and focus on other things for the time being. Which brings me to another community feedback poll.

Depending on your opinion, the SFX sabers give off a very impressive glow, but it could be argued that the glow is a little too impressive. The topic is split a number of ways among the team, so we all agreed that the best course of action with this is to leave this up to you, the fans. The poll will consist of 3 options: 40% glow, 60% glow, 100% (default) glow. It would be impossible for me to explain, so the best thing for me to do is to give you guys screenshots of the potential glow levels.

40%

shot2017-06-03_16-52-16.jpg

60%

shot2017-06-03_16-52-24.jpg

The poll will run all month long, hopefully you all will take advantage of this to vote and make your voice heard!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS REPORT: 7/1/17

As promised, here is the progress report! Yay! Also, this progress report will have two important announcements!

Progress keeps on going in an effort to make this mod as big as it can be. Development has currently begun on two exclusive maps to KotF, thanks to the great talent of team member MasterJin. At the present time, he's been hard at work on his two maps.

The first you may recognize from The Phantom Menace, the gazebo where Qui-Gon Jinn's funeral was held at the end of the film:

funeral_55c_02.jpgfuneral_55c_03.jpgfuneral_55c_04.jpgfuneral_55c_05.jpgfuneral_55c_06.jpgfuneral_55c_07.jpg

His other map is the Tantive IV, as we all know from A New Hope

test_43_03.jpgTest_43_t_blau_05_07.jpgTest_43_t_blau_05_01.jpg

@@The New Order and I have also been hard at work, and we've begun taking steps to add in some brand new weapons to allow for greater variety. Thanks to the hard work of the Jedi Knight: Enhanced team, the maximum number of weapons possible in the game has been upgraded from 32, to 64. With a much higher number of weapons possible for us to include, we are taking advantage of this as much as possible, and putting as many as we can in to allow for greater variety and immersion. At the moment, we have put in:

• E-5 (Battle Droid Blaster)
  • F-11D (First Order Stormtrooper)
  • DC-15S (Clone Trooper)
  • DH-17 (Rebel/Battlefront)

At the moment, they all act like the E-11, though at the moment our goal right now is to code all of our planned weapons into the game, and then worry about specifics traits and attributes. Each weapon will of course be given with the /give all command, and has a brief description in the datapad section of the game. Of course none of these weapons would've been possible without the help of the respective authors, so all major credit should of course go to them.

shot2017-07-01_08-39-09.jpgshot2017-07-01_08-39-34.jpgshot2017-07-01_08-39-47.jpgshot2017-07-01_08-39-53.jpgshot2017-07-01_08-39-57.jpgshot2017-07-01_08-43-37.jpgshot2017-07-01_08-44-14.jpg

Of course all necessary npcs will be updated to use these new weapons. Some other weapons we hope to include are:

• EE-3 Blaster Carbine
  • DC-15A Blaster Rifle
  • Jango Fett's Pistols
  • DC-17 Blaster Pistol
  • DC-17 Blaster Rifle (Republic Commando! Yay!)
  • Rey's Pistol
  • Anything resembling KOTOR/SWTOR

Of course this list is subject to change, a full list of all implemented weapons will of course be available when the time comes.

NPC's improved

• Rebel Honor Guard (Corrected Electrostaff Code)
  • Rebel Soldier (Given DH-17 Blaster Pistol)
  • Finn (Lightsaber color, and F-11D)
  • First Order Stormtrooper (Given F-11D Blaster Rifle)
  • B1 Battle Droid (Given E-5 Blaster Rifle)
  • BX Commando Droid (Given E-5 Blaster Rifle)
  • Magnaguard (Corrected Electrostaff Code

Now, with all of that being said. It's important announcement time!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 1

As we all know, it's summer time (in the Northern Hemisphere anyway! Haha), and during this time of year, people like to take advantage of the season and go out on vacation. During the week of July 2nd to July 8th, I will be travelling to visit family. While I will have my laptop with me, I will unfortunately be unable to do any major work on the mod, aside from some basic directing. I will resume work when I return on Sunday, July 9th.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 2

While this isn't the Ultimate Trailer, I think you all have waited long enough! This will also be available on the first page of my dev thread, and is fully public.

Alternate Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9B5F8Bp40dTa3lvTUZvV040SW8

TicNoel501 and Maksman like this

After some careful consideration, I've restarted my dev thread into a new topic, which will only ever be home to Progress Reports and Important Announcements from now on, other discussions should now be moved over to KotF Discussion.

If you all have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to PM me.

In the meantime, I believe that it's past time that we have another "Battle Royale"!

PM me no more than 5 NPC fights you would like to see, and I'll have them posted on here next Monday, July 17th. Be as creative as you'd like. Anyone that suggests more than 5 fights will not be considered.

• 4 weeks later...

PROGRESS REPORT: 8/6/17

Quite a number of things have been done with the mod over this past month, and I'm really happy to finally be sharing them with you all.

NEW WEAPONS ADDED

• DC-15A Blaster Rifle (Clone Trooper)
  • DC-17M Interchangeable Weapon System (Republic Commando)
  • A280 Blaster Rifle (Rebels)
  • NN-14 Blaster Pistol (Rey)

CURRENT WEAPONS ADDED

• E-5 Blaster Rifle (Battledroid)
  • F-11D Blaster Rifle (First Order Stormtrooper)
  • DC-15S Blaster Carbine (Clone Trooper)
  • DH-17 Blaster Pistol

As you can see, we've managed to add in some new weapons to the game, and of course these will be applied to npcs in the future prior to release. It's our hope to include as many weapons as humanly possible to the game to allow for a more immersive experience. But with these recent additions (and edits), we've also attempted to add a more unique style to each weapon so that way each new gun feels like its own creation rather than a copy and paste of the original weapons, taking inspiration from past Star Wars media, as well as new star wars canon.

For example, as we all may know from Battlefront (2015), they took great care to make the weapons feel different from each other, be it with weapon accuracy, damage, or even range. We decided to follow in their footsteps, even drawing inspiration with some of these new weapons. For example, the DH-17 Pistol is an incredibly high-damage gun, with the highest damage in the game, to balance this, the DH-17 is extremely inaccurate and burns through ammo very quickly in comparison to the other weapons. Another example is with the DC-17M Interchangeable Weapon System, that we all may know from the old video game Republic Commando. The DC-17 features a much higher rate of fire with perfect accuracy, but suffers from a very low damage output. We hope that once you get your hands on these new guns, you'll be able to find one that suits your style of play, be it close quarter gun fighting, or long range, we hope to have a little something for everyone.

UNSTABLE RED CHANGES

Early on, I knew I wanted to add in Kylo Ren's iconic unstable red effect for his lightsaber, and I believed with the power of OpenJK, it would be possible. I was right, using the work of the talented modder @@dark_apprentice, we weree able to make his effect into its own unique lightsaber blade. While we are eternally grateful for his work, after some brief discussions, we knew that we would need to update the effect to be more compatible with SFX. While we are keeping the original effect for non-SFX users, we've succeeded in adding in a new effect to complement the SFX lightsabers, which you can watch in the video right here.

While we still use dark_apprentice's shader, it is with the talent of @@Nerdman3000 that we have this new effect, and we are very grateful for his astounding work with this new effect.

NPC CHANGES

• Rebel Commandos now use the A280 Blaster Rifle, changed from E-11 Blaster Rifle
  • Revan uses the correct Lightsabers (we had a hilt update, so a lot of lightsabers were taken out of order

NEW MODELS

Progress on fixing the new models advertised several months ago has been slow, but we have been making progress. Once work is completed, @@Fire Phoenix will begin packaging the models together, complete with icons and expanded character selection menus.

MAP FIXES

Fire Phoenix has been very hard at work fixing a number of maps that have had issues in Single Player, be it crashes, infinite vehicle spawns, or death drops, at the moment, he has completed work on most maps, I'm sure he will update as necessary once his work is completed fully.

CONCLUSION

I'll try to post more frequently, I apologize for how long this progress report took. I'm currently taking NPC battle suggestions, as a reminder, please no more than five per person. I'll post the battles on Thursday, August 10th. Be creative!

• 3 weeks later...

PROGRESS REPORT: 8/27/17

We can see the finish line, just out of reach.

NEW WEAPONS ADDED

• WESTAR-34 Blaster Pistol (Jango Fett)
  • EE-3 Carbine Rifle (Boba Fett)

CURRENT WEAPONS ADDED

• DH-17 Blaster Pistol

NEW MODELS

After some major delays concerning model fixes, the team is pleased to report that most models have been appropriate fixed and added/replaced. We still have one or two to fix, but once that is done, we can start to focus on other things.

BETA RELEASE DATE

While we have no official release date right now, the team and I are pushing toward a beta release sometime before The Last Jedi hits theaters. With the models completed, this is a goal that can be achieved. More information on the beta will be provided as we approach release.

MULTIPLAYER

Team member @@The New Order has been very hard at work these last few weeks, and has begun the process of bringing the SFX lightsabers (unstable red, black, and rgb included) into multiplayer, as well as the new weapons. So far he was succeeded in bringing in SFX as well as the Battledroid rifle. Given that we're collaborating heavily on the new weapons, New Order hasn't been able to devote as much time to multiplayer, and thus progress has been slow in this department.

NEW WEAPONS

Jango and Boba's weapons have been added. For those of you that may not recall, I posted in discussion asking if anyone might have a solution to the dual wielding pistols, after some thought, we decided to go with the frankensteining route for Jango. Depending on if we figure out a more proper solution, we may have to repeat this process for future builds. Jango's pistol will feature perfect accuracy and a rapid fire, but will suffer from low damage. Boba's EE-3 will feature perfect accuracy as well, as well as a 3-shot burst fire for alt fire. As said before, our goal is to make each gun as unique as possible, allowing for balance, but also allowing for players to experience a new type of gameplay. Most guns we're adding in will be available in both Single Player and Multiplayer.

NEW MENUS

With the model replacements and additions nearing completion, @@Fire Phoenix has been hard at work designing icons and placing the models in their appropriate areas. Once all models have been finalized, I will begin the process of writing biographies for each new character, as well as improving ones that I've already begun on. Once Fire Phoenix has completed work on character menus, he will begin the process of creating an NPC spawner menu.

TRAILERS + OTHER MEDIA

I've recently procured a few extra funds (no I wasn't the guy who won the $700 million lottery, haha), and I should be able to purchase a subscription for Bandicam pretty soon, once that's done, we can start shooting scenes for the trailer. So far we've been storyboarding and throwing ideas around. Fire Phoenix has also expressed interest in creating trailers all his own, so we may have multiple trailers, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

That being said, if anyone knows of some recording software BETTER than bandicam, please send me a Private Message as soon as possible.

CONCLUSION

Overall, a very productive month, with the major hurdle almost completed, progress should proceed much more quickly than before.

PROGRESS REPORT 9/3/17

I think you'll like this one!

NEW WEAPONS

As you can see down below, we've added in the DC-17 Hand Pistol! We're nearing the completion of the major weapons. We will be adding in some other weapons pretty soon that are single player exclusive, such as Captain Phasma's rifle, Poe's rifle, and a few others.

Weapons Added

• DC-17 Hand Pistol (Clone Trooper)

Weapons currently added

• DH-17 Blaster Pistol (Rebels)

NEW MODELS

Our new models are up and running. Fire Phoenix currently has some work to do concerning new icons, but that should be completed fairly soon. However, new characters I can confirm today that are being added are:

• Cin Drallig
  • Tiplee
  • Tiplar
  • Halsey (Republic)
  • K'Kruhk
  • Pablo-Jill
  • Ima-Gun Di
  • Nahdar Vebb
  • Poggle the Lesser
  • Neimoidian Aide
  • Jyn Erso
  • Cassian Andor
  • Baze Malbus
  • Chirrut Îmwe
  • Baze Malbus
  • Bodhi Rook
  • Orson Krennic
  • Death Trooper
  • Seventh Sister
  • Fifth Brother
  • Eighth Brother
  • Agent Kallus
  • Lieutenant Lyste

Once all models have been properly packaged and "iconed", I will have a full list of character model changes and variation additions.

BIOGRAPHIES

As with the previous characters, all new characters have been given biographies, here are a few for you all to read. Please note that the icon's you're about to see are outdated and will be changed very soon, I was sent the files early so I could write out character descriptions.

Jyn Erso:

openjk.x86_2017-09-01_17-26-28-223.jpg

Seventh Sister:

openjk.x86_2017-09-01_17-26-47-432.jpg

Death Troopers:

openjk.x86_2017-09-01_17-26-57-682.jpg

WEAPON DESCRIPTIONS

As with the characters, I've also taken the time to write out full descriptions of the new weapons. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure.

DC-17M Interchangeable Weapon System

Knights_of_the_Force_2.1_SP.x86_2017-09-

A280 Blaster Rifle:

EE-3 Blaster Carbine:

MENUS

After much hard work, team member The New Order was able to add the Unstable Red and Black Lightsabers to be compatable with the menu.

Unstable Red:

Screen_Shot_2017-09-03_at_8.55.40_PM.png

TFU Black:

Screen_Shot_2017-09-03_at_6.36.18_PM_1.p

MULTIPLAYER

New Order has succeeded in bringing in the F-11D Blaster Rifle into Multiplayer, and has also fully implemented the E-5 Blaster Rifle. The SFX blades are still a work in progress.

F-11D

Screen_Shot_2017-09-03_at_5.09.53_PM.png

E-5

Screen_Shot_2017-09-02_at_8.30.20_PM.png

CONCLUSION

NPC production should resume quite soon, with a few new menu tweaks here and there, we should be set for a beta release within the coming months!

Today, I have received all files pertaining to the new models, all properly packaged up and ready for work. As of right now, NPC production is back in action! I estimate work should be done within the next 2 weeks, during that time, I will be doing the following:

• Creating new npcs for new characters
  • Updating existing npcs to include new variations
  • Updating existing npcs so they wield a more appropriate weapon
  • Creating 2 new npc classes I have planned.
  • Small npc improvements for more realistic behavior.
  • Minor fixes + new weapon additions

If you wish to see what npcs we have planned for updates, don't hesitate to visit the google doc where I'll be updating as I work.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eu74OMSGNxxZzZ-uXlIk74e6QF8QqsQxbu5Mh04Yffw/edit#gid=0

The new models we have are great, but we are missing an important quality for a number of them, both new and pre-existing: sounds. I am officially putting out a call to anyone that may be interested in providing some new, high quality sounds for some of our models. If anyone is interested, please PM either myself or @@Fire Phoenix with some basic information, as well as a sample of some sound work you have done before.

Maksman, J19, The New Order and 2 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...

PROGRESS REPORT 9/21/17

2 weeks of hard work finally paid off.

New NPCs

• Ima-Gun Di
  • Nahdar Vebb (Unrobed, robed, and hood)
  • K'Kruhk (Unrobed, robed, hat)
  • Halsey
  • Tiplar
  • Tiplee
  • Pablo-Jill
  • Poggle the Lesser
  • Neimoidian Aide
  • Jyn Erso
  • Cassian Andor
  • Bodhi Rook
  • Baze Malbus
  • Chirrut Îmwe
  • Orson Krennic
  • Death Trooper
  • Alexsander Kallus
  • Lieutenant Lyste
  • Fifth Brother
  • Seventh Sister
  • Eighth Brother

NPC Model Updates

• Revan
  • Mace Windu
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Anakin Skywalker
  • Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Kit Fisto
  • Ki-Adi-Mundi
  • Aayla Secura
  • Luminara Unduli
  • Barriss Offee
  • Quinlan Vos
  • 212th Battalion Grenadier/Air Recon Trooper
  • General Grievous
  • Darth Maul
  • Nute Gunray
  • Rune Haako
  • Han Solo
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Hera Syndulla
  • Sabine Wren
  • Rahm Kota
  • Wilhuff Tarkin
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Galen Marek/Starkiller

New NPC variations

• Sheev Palpatine (Episode 1, Episode 2, Invisible Hand)
  • Yoda (Episode 1, Episode 2)
  • Anakin Skywalker (Burned)
  • Qui-Gon Jinn (Hood, Tatooine)
  • Shaak Ti (The Force Unleashed)
  • Eeth Koth (Robed)
  • Agen Kolar (Robed)
  • Saesee Tiin (Robed)
  • Ahsoka Tano (Rebels)
  • Asajj Ventress (Nightsister)
  • Darth Maul (Cybernetic, Mandalore)
  • Nute Gunray (Episode 3)
  • Rune Haako (Episode 3)
  • Leia Organa (Endor battle, Endor village)
  • Chewbacca (Carrying C-3P0)
  • Lando Calrissian (Bespin, Jabba's Palace, General)
  • Kanan Jarrus (Scorched Armor, Blind, Masked)
  • Sabine Wren (Helmet, no Helmet)
  • Ezra Bridger (Season 3)
  • Rahm Kota (TFU 2)
  • Wilhuff Tarkin (Clone Wars)
  • Galen Marek/Starkiller (Dark Apprentice)
  • Ewok (Warrior)

NPCs Removed

• Agent of Evil
  • Asajj Ventress (Bounty Hunter helmet up)
  • Luke Skywalker (Episode 4 Tatooine w/ Lightsaber)

NPCs Improved

• All Clone Troopers now hold DC-15A Rifles, DC-15S Blaster Carbines, or DC-17 Pistols (Dual-wielded too)
  • All named Clone Troopers + ARC Troopers are changed from Class_Stormtrooper, to Class_Reborn. All named Clone Troopers have also been given their canonical weapon.
  • Clone Commandos Boss, Scorch, Sev, Fixer, Gregor, and defaults now wield the DC-17M Interchangeable Weapon System
  • Asajj Ventress and General Grievous now have reduced health + force power.
  • Rebel Commandos now wield the A280 Blaster Rifle
  • Jango Fett now wields the Wester-34 Blaster Pistol
  • Leia Organa (Tantive IV), Nien Nunb, Rebel Troopers, and Imperial Technicians now wield the DH-17 Blaster Pistol
  • All npcs wielding the Clone weapons (excluding pistol) and A280 will all alt fire.
  • Darth Malak's Dark Jedi now have a lightsaber blade.

Current number of NPC variants made (Does not include base variants): 986

As you can tell, a lot of new npcs. We're also right on the mark of our limit of 986 npcs!

CLASS_CLONETROOPER AND CLASS_KOTOR

As of 2 days ago, I have removed Class_Clonetrooper from the code since I was very unhappy with its performance. To compensate, I made it so the clone weapons (save the pistol) now alt fire. So they'll provide a greater threat.

All efforts for CLASS_CLONETROOPER and CLASS_KOTOR have been put on hold indefinitely.

SFX SABERS

We have added in the ignition flare to the Lightsabers, which will switch on for an instant when you ignite.

Screen_Shot_2017-09-16_at_10.07.29_PM.pn

LIGHTSABER COMBAT

Only just done a few hours ago. All npcs with either the Desann or Tavion saber styles will now cycle through them like any other saber style in the game!

TRAILER

Unexpected expenses happen, and unfortunately I was forced to pay a rather hefty bill to get my car's brakes fixed. As a result I was unable to purchase a subscription for Bandicam as I intended. Production of the trailer will still continue however.

CONCLUSION

A lot can happen in 2 weeks, and as you can see, quite a bit of progress has been made. Fire Phoenix and I will soon be going through the npcs, testing them in a joint effort. Additionally, production has begun on the character selection menu, which you may have seen in Fire Phoenix's latest poll.

After Fire Phoenix has completed the template for character selection, he'll be handing off the project to me, so I will be handling character selection configuration files.

TicNoel501 and J19 like this
  • 3 weeks later...

PROGRESS REPORT 10/10/17

It's been a fairly slow 3 weeks. But a productive one.

WEAPONS

New Order has been very hard at work placing our new weapons into the Multiplayer portion of the game.

Weapons added into Multiplayer

• DH-17 Blaster Pistol
  • DC-15S Carbine Rifle
  • DC-15A Blaster Rifle
  • DC-17M Interchangeable Weapon System
  • A280 Blaster Rifle

Weapons currently added

• E-5 Blaster Rifle
  • F-11D Blaster Rifle

LIGHTSABERS

Fire Phoenix decided to rename the hilts to more concrete names, specified to the owner of the hilt. Originally, all hilts were either named single_# or dual_#, following the traditional Jedi Academy format. This change will prevent us from any possible mix ups whenever we have a new hilt update, essentially saving time when updated an NPC's lightsaber instead of almost all NPCs. While doing this edit, I also decided to do a few tweaks to some NPCs. Here is a list of the following changes

• All hilts have been renamed to either their proper name, or the owner of their hilt. (Ex: Single_14 was Anakin's Episode 3 lightsaber, now is renamed to anakin_ep3). All NPCs have been updated to reflect this change.
  • Adi Gallia's robe NPC command was changed from Adi_Gallia2 to Adi_Gallia_Robed to keep consistency for NPC commands.

The following NPCs have been given the Bastila Shan, Juhani, or Jolee Bindo lightsabers provided they did not have one specifically designed for them.

• Atris
  • Atton Rand
  • Bao-Dur
  • Brianna
  • Dark Jedi
  • Darth Revan (Jedi Master)
  • Darth Sion
  • Darth Traya
  • Dorak
  • Dustil Onasi
  • Kreia
  • Meetra Surik
  • Sith Assassin
  • Sith Master
  • Vrook Lamar
  • Zhar Lestin
  • All Generic KOTOR Jedi

DESANN AND TAVION STYLES

Some NPCs were granted the infamous Desann or Tavion styles, but for some reason, they would switch out of them and never go back. After some tweaking in the code, all NPCs given those styles will be able to cycle through them freely, or might not even change at all if those styles are all they're given.

SINGLE PLAYER CHARACTER SELECTION

We knew we wanted to allow players free choice in what character they wanted to play as. As of several days ago, all configuration files for all characters have been written. Most characters have been given a wide array of weapons to use, including our new ones. I hope that the selections made to you will prove to be as accurate as possible, and will also hopefully provide a challenge for those daring enough to play as one of the weaker characters like Malak's Dark Jedi.

TRAILER

I have purchased Bandicam and progress on the trailer is going well, though at a much slower pace than I had hoped. But know that this trailer and all future videos will be shot on a fully licensed Bandicam. Next progress report, I will have a release date for the trailer.

CONCLUSION

As stated before, this was a fairly slow month. With all of us either back in school or working far more, progress will be slow for a time. But of course I will continue to devote my time toward my tasks for KOTF, and we hope to have something very exciting for all of you to enjoy. Fire Phoenix's progress on character selection has been progressing rapidly, and once he's finished and I can begin to film the features of the menus, then I will have a definitive release date for the trailer.

• 4 weeks later...
PROGRESS REPORT 11/4/17

Many cool new things, some improvements, and a special reveal!

NEW MULTIPLAYER WEAPONS

• LPA NN-14 Blaster Pistol (Rey)
  • DC-17 Blaster Pistol (Clones)

WEAPONS CURRENTLY ADDED

• E-5 Blaster Rifle (Battle Droid)
  • DH-17 Blaster Pistol

With this update, all multiplayer weapons for the beta have been added into the game. It's been a long time coming, but we've at last hit a milestone which brings us closer to a beta release. We've done as best as we could with balancing, and we are looking forward to any potential feedback you may have for us.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-02_at_3.51.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-11-01_at_8.56.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-10-31_at_9.07.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-10-31_at_9.01.14_PM.png

CHARACTER SELECTION

Fire Phoenix has been very hard at work on creating the menus for character selection. All characters in multiplayer will be playable. If you wish to play as Darth Sidious, Ahsoka Tano, or

Senator Bail Organa, you can play as them. All characters have been given an arsenal suited for their play style. Please enjoy this brief demonstration of the character selection process in

action.

LIGHTSABER SELECTION

Additionally, we've begun the process of creating a new Lightsaber selection menu for you to enjoy. This will allow you the freedom to choose any of the lightsabers we've included in the mod for you. This will also include full RGB support, as well as the options of choosing Kylo Ren's unstable red, and the TFU black lightsaber. Additionally, you'll be able to toggle the intensity of the lightsaber glow, and the ignition flare.

DISCO​RD

After some careful consideration. We have updated our discord server! Now you all can join it! A new post has been made, and here is the link to it. We hope to see you there!

AN APOLOGY

Fire Phoenix made amazing progress on the menus, but that amazing progress took time. I errored when I promised a release date today for the trailer, and I can not apologize enough. To make up for it, I recorded a video of a little something I've been working on recently. I hope you like it.

CONCLUSION

Missions have officially begun development, I'll have more details about them in the next progress report. Fire Phoenix has still to do a few extra tweaks with the menus, and his last update to me was that he's currently working on the selection menu for the Empire. We hope to see you on the discord server.

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.l, and may the Force be with you.
DoodleAye, Lancelot, Smoo and 6 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
PROGRESS REPORT: 11/24/17

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving, and to the rest of you out there that may not celebrate this holiday, I hope you had a wonderful thursday, or Leif Erikson day. This progress report marks the passing of 2 important milestones, bringing us 2 gigantic steps closer to release. While this progress report will not contain a release date, I do hope that this progress report will keep you excited for our future beta release.

CHARACTER SELECTION

After a lot of hard work, Fire Phoenix has completed all menus required for character selection. It was a very arduous process for him, requiring him to learn a number of things about menu designing in Single Player. The difficulties were many, with his biggest having to learn how to create several menus for custom models. However, this trial has passed. Work on our NPC spawner menu has officially begun development.

MULTIPLAYER

Many months in the making, but it has at last finally paid off. Team member The New Order has brought the famous SFX Lightsabers into Multiplayer, making us the 4th mod to ever bring them in. Not only that, but he has also coded in the RGB sabers, along with Kylo Ren's unstable red, and the black lightsaber famous from The Force Unleashed video game. This was not an easy task for him, and all of us on the team are forever grateful for him hitting this milestone, as of this progress report, all that remains is for him to code in the ignition flares, and this will be completed.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-23_at_10.11.35_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-11-23_at_9.47.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-11-23_at_10.02.22_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-11-23_at_10.07.22_PM_1.

DUEL OF THE FATES

I'm sure you all may have seen my work for recreating Duel of the Fates recently, and progress on that has been going unfortunately quite slowly. I've begun work on recreating the segment of the duel where it moves from the hangar to the reactor room. This has proven more difficult than I was expecting, but I'll get it done....eventually!

TRAILER

As you all may have seen in our F.A.Q., we hope to release the beta before the release of The Last Jedi on December 15th. With so much to do and so little time to do it, I'm putting all efforts on producing a trailer on hold for the time being, keeping things strictly to battle royales and short development videos. This means that it's very likely the trailer will not be released until sometime after beta. I do apologize for this delay, and I hope you can find it within you to forgive me.

CONCLUSION

Many milestones hit, and a project I've been wanting to do put on hold. As we near our projected release date, all of us need to buckle down and get it done. We do appreciate your support throughout this journey, the finish line is only getting closer and closer with time. We only ask that you wait just a little bit longer. This will be worth the wait, trust me.

Remember to join our discord server by following this link: https://discord.gg/eJDds24
  • 3 weeks later...
PROGRESS REPORT: 12/9/17

As promised, an important announcement, along with some progress these past few weeks.

NPCS ADDED
  • Battle Droid (Republic Commando)

NPCS REMOVED
  • Darth Malgus (No Mask)

NPCS RENAMED

A number of NPCs had their commands renamed, here is that list.
  • Yuthura_Ban_Ally has been renamed to Yuthura_Ban_Light
  • Visas_Marr_Jedi has been renamed to Visas_Marr_Light
  • Dustil_Onasi_Ally has been renamed to Dustil_Onasi_Light

Of course all NPC commands can be viewed on the google doc found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eu74OMSGNxxZzZ-uXlIk74e6QF8QqsQxbu5Mh04Yffw/edit?usp=sharing

NPC SPAWNER

Progress on the NPC Spawner menu has progressed very smoothly so far, Fire Phoenix has completed work on The Old Republic, The Sith Empire, Galactic Republic, and Separatist Alliance factions. He has since begun work on the Rebel Alliance. All random generic Jedi and Sith have been placed in their appropriate location, and will be set for random spawners by default.

IGNITION FLARES

New Order has been hard at work with the ignition flares, we're currently attempting to replace the flares we currently have with some a bit more realistic. Progress has been slow, but hopeful, and we estimate that this process will take about a week or two to finish.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT

As said in my last progress report, I will devote all efforts toward developing the game and not the ultimate trailer. However, I believe this announcement requires a video. Please enjoy.

RELEASE DATE

Officially I've changed the answer to the infamous "When will the beta release?" in the FAQ to "The instant we have a release date, we will let you know." With still too much to finish for the beta, it would require a miracle for us to release the mod in time for the release of The Last Jedi. No one on the team is happy by this revelation, in fact we're probably just as mad as you all are. But I promise that all of this is for a good reason, we want to release a beta that was relatively bug free, and with enough longevity to keep you all coming back for more. With bugs popping up around every corner, we need this time to focus. Additionally, with finals coming up for some of us, we need to step away from this game, and devote more time to our studies. Real life sucks doesn't it?

CONCLUSION

With Duel of the Fates officially coming to the beta, this will be the longest project to finish, and as such, will be the count down to the release date. Once Duel of the Fates is finished, we will have a release date.

Additionally, if you want a chance to win early access to the mod's beta, please PM me either on JKHub or Discord by 12/10/17, if you PM me on JKHub, please provide me with your discord name and number, and join the discord server so I can find you.

• 4 weeks later...
PROGRESS REPORT: 12/31/17

I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year! Milestones have been hit, and the end of the beta's development is nearing!

NPC'S ADDED

• Darth Voiid, the winner of the Early Access Trivia Contest
  • Darth Malgus (No Mask)
  • Jango Fett (No Helmet)

NPC'S REMOVED

• Imperial Protocol Droid (Already exists in base)
  • Imperial Astromech Droid (Already exists in base)

NPC'S EDITED

• Kreia now uses a single-bladed green lightsaber instead of a double bladed one
  • Jango Fett has his own class (CLASS_JANGO) which allows him to dual wield his trusty pistols against you, the player...oh, and everyone else too.
  • Boba Fett has been given his EE-3 Blaster Rifle as intended, which he will use in his usual NPC form, as well as in his single player campaign level.
  • All Mandalorians part of Clan Skirata are given the DC-15S Blaster Carbine.

MULTIPLAYER

At last, a major milestone has been hit! As of just a few hours ago, RGB sabers have at been PROPERLY implemented into multiplayer! While they were implemented before, coding errors caused all rgb sabers to look exactly the same to the player. This has at last been fixed thanks to multiple mebers of JKA's modding community, and of course The New Order, who worked hard on this thing for a very long time. With this completed, only a few things remain before we can release.

DUEL OF THE FATES

Progress on Duel of the Fates is going very well. I'm currently in the process of scripting the catwalk sequence from that duel. I want the levels to be a fairly cinematic experience, with (ironically) as few cutscenes as possible. I have implemented certain elements in the maps to prevent missions from breaking because an NPC is unkillable. For example, the death drops in both the large reactor room and the pit will instead teleport any NPCs to a more appropriate area so you can continue the fight. Players however, will still be killed.

• Overall DOTF mission completion - 62.5%
  • Obi-wan's Point of View - 62.5%
  • Qui-gon's Point of View - 62.5%
  • Darth Maul's Point of View - 62.5%

What Needs Completing

* Finish Catwalk cutscene for Obi-wan Point of View
* Finish final duel in Pit room
* Qui-gon and Maul point of view cutscenes/player controlled events

CONCLUSION

With the year coming to a close (or already closed, depending on where you live), I and the rest of the team want to thank all of you for your support. The response to this mod has been incredible, with talented people allowing us to use their work to bring the best Star Wars experience possible as we work even harder for the eventual final release of the mod.

dg1995, diangelisp, Maksman and 7 others like this
  • 1 month later...

PROGRESS REPORT: 2/5/18

The mod is reborn today, the hype, is only beginning, and this will not be the last version.

MODEL ADDITIONS/REPLACEMENTS

• Jolee Bindo (Model Update)
  • Zhar Lestin (Model Update)
  • Vrook, KOTOR I outfit (Variation Added)
  • Dorak (Model Update)

We've updated a few models in The Old Republic faction, there may be more to come, but that'll be for a future update. Vrook has been granted a new variant which will show off his attire from the original Knights of the Old Republic game much more accurately. Zhar, Jolee and Dorak have all been given more high-quality models, thus allowing them to look very accurate to their appearances in the game.

NPCs

NPCs Added

• Greedo

NPCs Improved

THE OLD REPUBLIC

• Kreia has been given the medium saber style in addition to Tavion.
  • Changed Juhani's lightsaber on her dark side variant to the correct hilt.
  • Adjusted Vandar Tokare's Lightsaber blade to a radius of 1.5 and length of 15.

THE SITH EMPIRE

• Darth Malak has been given the Tavion saber style in addition to Desann.
  • Darth Malgus has been given the Strong saber style in addition to Desann and Tavion.
  • Darth Traya has been given the Medium saber style in addition to Tavion.
  • Changed Jagged Fel's lightsaber to white (was originally blue)
  • All Sith Investigators now wield purple lightsabers

THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC

• 212th Attack Battalion Air Recon Trooper now flies as intended.
  • 501st Legion Clone Assassins have been given proper wrist blades.
  • All Phase I Clones have been given the DC-15A Rifle
  • All Palpatine variants where he isn't combat-ready have been changed to act like civilians.
  • Senate Guards have been given the Royal Guard pike.

THE SEPARATIST ALLIANCE

• Count Dooku has been given the Desann saber style in addition to Tavion.

THE REBELLION

• Kyle Katarn's Dark Forces I NPC class has been changed from CLASS_REBORN to CLASS_LANDO
  • Princess Leia's Slave variant has been modified to act like a normal civilian.
  • All Mon Calamari NPCs have had their weapons removed and now act like civilians.

THE GALACTIC EMPIRE

• Darth Vader has been given the Medium and Strong Saber styles in addition to Desann.
  • All Imperial Officer NPCs will be randomly spawned, with 3 male and 3 female variants for each. All imperial officer npcs in the original game have been replaced and will randomly spawn.

THE RESISTANCE

• Rey's Resistance Outfit variant has been given her lightsaber instead of her staff.

THE FIRST ORDER

• Kylo Ren has been given the saber styles Medium, Strong, and Desann.

PIRATES

• Hondo Ohnaka's default variant has been changed from neutral to enemy.

BOUNTY HUNTERS

• Boba Fett's base npc has been given the EE-3 Rifle
  • Cad Bane's class has changed from CLASS_REBORN to CLASS_JANGO

MANDALORIANS

• Shae Vizla, Deviant Mandalorians, Walon Vau, and Mandalorian/Death Watch Male and Female variants have been given the NPC class CLASS_JANGO instead of CLASS_MANDALORIAN

UNSTABLE RED

We have updated the effect for the unstable red Lightsaber, it now looks a lot more unstable. I apologize I don't have a video to show it off, gotta have some surprises after all.

DUEL OF THE FATES

Duel of the Fates has been completed. Featuring different endings across all 3 characters, your choice of character will either relive or rewrite Star Wars history as you know it. Qui-Gon Jinn's point of view is my favorite, you'll see why. :winkthumb:

1. To play Duel of the Fates, simply click on New Game from the menu, then Missions.

2. Click on STAR WARS EPISODE I, and then Duel of the Fates. You'll be taken to a still image of the film.

3. Hover your mouse over the character you want to play as, and then click.

4. ???

5. Profit.

THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

CONCLUSION

It's been a long ride, and a new beginning is fast approaching Knights of the Force 2.1. I want to thank all of you for your support. Beta has been in development for a long time, and we're finally able to give it to all of you. You all are perhaps some of the most patient fans I've ever seen, and I'm grateful for it.

While Knights of the Force has been reborn at last, our work is only beginning, we have many new exciting updates and features planned, including a launcher with the ability for us to release you updates and fixes frequently. We will have more details for you all within the coming days, so stay tuned. There are a few individuals I would like to briefly recognize for their contributions.

@: For compiling the final piece we needed to get a server up and running at last, and allowing us to finally release.

@@Fire Phoenix: For defying expectations and initial bias, and rebirthing a mod that many thought would never work.

@@Ghost: For his entity modding tutorial, thus making Duel of the Fates possible.

The MBII team: For letting us use their maps.

The JK Enhanced team: For their amazing SFX lightsabers.

All of the authors whose work we're using: Thank you for allowing us to use your work, without your permissions (and there were a lot), this mod would never have been completed.

AS for all of you, the mod is uploading to Google Drive right as I'm typing this, and the mod will be released at last on February 9th, 2018. A long time coming, and we couldn't have done this without your support. We hope to see you ingame.

• 2 months later...

PROGRESS REPORT: 5/3/18

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful year so far, and may it continue to bring you lots of enjoyment. Now, onto business.

STATUS OF THE MOD

Since we've released the mod, this topic has been....very quiet. We haven't had any new progress reports, no exciting announcements, and just one major update. But now with exams done and summer vacation hitting, it's time to get back to work! We have a number of great things planned for the next update.

DUEL OF THE FATES

I've gotten a lot of good feedback from players on Duel of the Fates (and a lot of lulz), I've had the privilege of watching some videos of players (and even one streamer) play Duel of the Fates. Of course, on every video, I see a bug that I always kick myself over for not noticing and/or fixing before we released. Here's brief list of things I'd like to add or fix for Duel of the Fates before starting work on the next mission.

• Make Amidala, Panaka, and the guards run away, not just disappear.
  • Better music synchronization
  • Better timing with forcefields
  • Stop Maul from going "sup" during the staring contest.
  • And more

NPCs

We've gotten some feedback from players stating that they'd like to see more control with npcs. So as of right now, we're currently working on a system to allow you to spawn any NPC on any alignment of your choosing. So for example, if you want Luke Skywalker to team up with Darth Revan against Yoda, you'll be able to do so. We're off to a good start, we just need to figure out how to implement it properly.

Implementing this will allow us to remove almost 80 npcs from the game that are strictly for alignment changes, thus allowing you to populate the mod with your own characters if you want without fear of crashing the mod.

FOR THE FUTURE

We've recruited a new mapper, and he wasted no time in getting to work. I'll just leave these here. (This screenshots were taken through GTKRadiant and do not reflect how the map looks in the game)

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

CONCLUSION

A small progress report, but still important I believe. With school coming to an end, we'll have the summer to dedicate more time on this mod and add more and more things for it. Stay tuned!

• 6 months later...

PROGRESS REPORT: 11/13/2018

This report will be going over what you can expect to see in the next update.

TWO NEW MISSIONS

Today we're pleased to officially announce our next two missions.

Our first mission, developed by me, will depict the final fight in Return of the Jedi between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Keeping with the tradition of playing different characters, Luke vs. Vader, which will be later dubbed as "Father vs. Son", will allow you to play as Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Emperor Palpatine.

Our next mission, a direct result of our recent community feedback poll, will take place during Revenge of the Sith. Developed by team member Darth Voiid, you will be able to experience Operation: Knightfall, the beginning of the end of the Jedi Order. Operation: Knightfall will give you the choice of playing as 3 characters; Darth Vader, Cin Drallig, and a 501st Legion Clone Trooper.

REVAN VS. MALAK

Changes have been made to the Revan vs. Malak bonus mission, and will be available with the next update. Aside from some minor bug fixes, the biggest change to the mission is that Revan will no longer be a mute. His voice will now be provided by Kevin Smets, the voice of Logan Starr/Revan in the KOTOR Trilogy series on YouTube.

NEW CHARACTERS

Internally in the team, we are currently putting together a new batch of characters for you to be able to choose from. As we want to release a large number of characters at once, the new characters we have presently will not be available in the next update. New characters will include Darth Zannah, Serra Keto, Sira Tachi, and Emperor Vitiate, with more on the way.

MULTIPLAYER BOTS

Production on the heavily requested multiplayer bots has begun. Like the selection of new characters, the bots will not be available in the next update. We will be attempting to add as many bots as possible with an easier way to select which bots you want to play with. Adding botroutes to maps thus far has not begun development and will take up a lot of time. If anyone with experience would like to volunteer to add botroutes to the maps currently in the mod, we would be incredibly grateful.

CONCLUSION

To finalize what was stated above, here is our current roadmap for our next 2 updates.

UPDATE 1: Luke vs. Vader (ROTJ), Operation: Knightfall (ROTS), Revan vs. Malak fixes, misc fixes.

UPDATE 2: 2 new missions, new characters, multiplayer bots, language translations, Duel of the Fates fixes.

Lancelot, Maksman and Starlord101 like this
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, we hope you all had a great holiday season, got to spend time with your loved ones, and received a nice gift or two.

It's been some time since we announced our next two missions, it's taken longer than expected, but milestones have been reached, we have been making progress.

FATHER VS. SON

Luke's POV: 99%. Essentially done, with some minor tweaks needed.

Vader's POV: 70%. Production started today, most of the mission was completed with Luke's mission. Needed sound assets have been collected.

Palpatine's POV: 25%. Official production hasn't started yet, however sound assets have been collected. This number will go up once Vader's POV is completed.

OPERATION: KNIGHTFALL

Vader's POV: 65%. Knightfall will have 4 levels. The first two are complete.

Cin Drallig's POV: 10%. We have secured a map that will be used as Cin's starting point. Production hasn't begun.

Clone Trooper POV: 33%. Concepts have been made, and we will be using level 2 of Anakin's POV as a level.

• 2 months later...

Today we are excited to announce our new bonus mission; You Have Become a Rival. Based off the iconic moment from the 5th season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, you will be able to experience the vicious battle as Darth Sidious faces off against his former apprentice, Maul, and his brother Savage Opress. While we have no release date at this time, I am currently aiming for a March 26th release date. Please keep in mind this release date is not confirmed and is simply an estimation. Here is the first cutscene for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHpfI7NxeM

I would also like to thank everyone for your patience concerning Operation: Knightfall. As of right now. The mission is almost complete. Our mapper has, for the most part, completed the map. I believe you will be impressed with what he has done to make it more Single player centric.

After a few touch ups, the map will be complete and the final stages for Vader, the Clone Trooper, and Cin Drallig involving the inside of the Jedi Temple will begin production. Unfortunately I cannot give a release date as of yet but progress is beginning to move rapidly which means it will be sooner rather than later. The wait is almost over.

-Lord Vader POV: Anakin’s POV is roughly 88% done. The first cutscene, Stage 2, and Stage 4 are complete. The only thing left to do is Stage 3 involving the inside of the Temple and then testing everything together to see if it needs any fixes or touch ups before release. Lord Vader's confirmed boss fights will be Coleman Kcaj, Shaak ti, Serra Keto, and Cin Drallig.

-Clone Trooper POV: The Clone Trooper’s POV is 89% done. The first cutscene, and Stage 2 has been completed. Stage 3, inside the Jedi Temple and a few touch ups, are all that is needed in order for this POV to be complete. The Clone Trooper's confirmed boss fights will be Coleman Kcaj (Shared with Vader), Rig Nema, and Serra Keto.

-Cin Drallig POV: Cin Drallig’s POV is 89% complete. Stage 1 and Stage 3 are finished. The only thing left to do is Stage 2, which involves the inside of the Temple. Then after some touch ups, it will be complete. Cin Drallig's confirmed boss fights will involve Clone Troopers, Darth Vader, and Palpatine.

https://youtu.be/ceJGL2FaK8A

https://youtu.be/Vs5VXdTtULE

Overall the mission itself is 88.7% complete. I apologize again for it taking a bit longer but I do believe that in the end you will be satisfied with how it turns out. It is a worthy addition to your experience within the Star Wars Saga.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...